Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash

Thanks for the update, i hope they wont drop the manga, looks interesting

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/f89ed57a-e4c0-48f5-b664-8ef88aa87fd9/i-shall-master-this-family
^This manhwa executed a similar premise except in a fantasy world and did it much better. The problem with this here is that our protagonist is not very smart or clever and all she has is privileged information from the future, and that is treated as a cheat in the way all of her group's money problems are solved thanks to that knowledge. As of ch3 she made a pile of money as a 5 year old by mortgaging her family's mansion. The 'how' is skipped, it just worked. Because of course it did.

Also it's hilarious that they call Japan a "warped society" in the beginning of the first chapter, because it's almost an utopia compared to the vast majority of the world. Bad work culture maybe, but you don't have to become a corporate slave, and it's not like work culture will be much better outside of some places in europe and NA. The annual income from her previous life she briefly mentions is like twice or more what she'd be making on your average country, nevermind safety or everything else.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/f89ed57a-e4c0-48f5-b664-8ef88aa87fd9/i-shall-master-this-family
^This manhwa executed a similar premise except in a fantasy world and did it much better. The problem with this here is that our protagonist is not very smart or clever and all she has is privileged information from the future, and that is treated as a cheat in the way all of her group's money problems are solved thanks to that knowledge. As of ch3 she made a pile of money as a 5 year old by mortgaging her family's mansion. The 'how' is skipped, it just worked. Because of course it did.
Well, the thing is, most aren't here for her to "win", because the first chapter already stated that she will not avoid her condemnation event in the future. Most are here because it's set in the modern age, referencing the '08 crisis. Fine, how the capital was made is handwaved, but do we really need to see her company invest in some obscure startup that wouldn't survive the dot-com crash? Does Runa even know what the hell the firm she hired to invest was doing with her money other than generally investing in a bubble where everything goes up? Probably not IMO, but if you think so, no problem.

I am thankful for directing me to another interesting manhwa, which I don't dispute, the one you linked is great, but this manga has it's charm, in it's modern aesthetic, with it's worldbuilding, and with it's references to the great financial crisis, and probably the asian financial crisis before that, which has it's demographic that it appeals to.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the thing is, most aren't here for her to "win", because the first chapter already stated that she will not avoid her condemnation event in the future. Most are here because it's set in the modern age, referencing the '08 crisis. Fine, how the capital was made is handwaved, but do we really need to see her company invest in some obscure startup that wouldn't survive the dot-com crash? Does Runa even know what the hell the firm she hired to invest was doing with her money other than generally investing in a bubble where everything goes up? Probably not IMO, but if you think so, no problem.

I am thankful for directing me to another interesting manhwa, which I don't dispute, the one you linked is great, but this manga has it's charm, in it's modern aesthetic, with it's worldbuilding, and with it's references to the great financial crisis, and probably the asian financial crisis before that, which has it's demographic that it appeals to.
See, what's happening here is no different than the other isekais where they get a cheat skill. At least showing the 'how' would go a long way in making it so what she accomplishes doesn't feel cheap. The stakes in this manga are her trying to avoid the financial ruin in the future, but when she's basically cheating her way to solving all her problems, and the more interesting/important details happen offscreen, what is even the point?

The key part of most villainess manga/manwha i've read is 'how' the protags escape their ruin event, that's why the genre as a whole is good, because the MC needs to work for it, to use everything she has at hand, her brains, her knowledge from the game/past, the people around her, her family's resources, to survive. There's a looming threat, and there's an end goal. This manga chose to give up on both the process and the stakes. Without the process there isn't the same emotional investment by the reader, and without the stakes there's no tension anymore, and i really can't see a reason to keep reading this if she already won and there's nothing in her way. The condemnation event doesn't even matter at this point.

Its kinda ironic that this series translator
- Silicon Signature Swiss. Is basicly the name of Recent series of Bank collapse in US and Europe.

Silicon Valley Bank, US startup bank that collapse in March this year.

Signature Bank, another US bank that collapse 10 days after Silicon Valley Bank - which a 2nd biggest bank collapse in US if I remember rite.

Credit Swisse, the 2nd Biggest Swiss Bank which get Bailouted/forcefully selled to avoid collapse. Also collapsed around same time with American counterpart.

Anyway, its interesting to see those coincidence on regression series that focused on Economic and Financial thingy. Either way, i hope this series dont get dumped. Its breath of fresh air when you also live and know the contenporary history. The vol 3 of LN was implied 11 september WTC attack. Its prob the second regressor series that featured such event

Its kinda ironic that this series translator
- Silicon Signature Swiss. Is basicly the name of Recent series of Bank collapse in US and Europe.

Silicon Valley Bank, US startup bank that collapse in March this year.

Signature Bank, another US bank that collapse 10 days after Silicon Valley Bank - which a 2nd biggest bank collapse in US if I remember rite.

Credit Swisse, the 2nd Biggest Swiss Bank which get Bailouted/forcefully selled to avoid collapse. Also collapsed around same time with American counterpart.
I believe it wouldn't be ironic, if it is intentional.

Also, I would like to point out that you have made some minor mistakes on the timeline of said Bank's "resolution".

Signature Bank went under receivership only two days after Silicon Valley Back went under. Signature was the third largest bank collapse (now fourth) in American history, while Silicon Valley was the second largest (now third).

Their placements are moved slightly because now, First Republic is the second largest bank collapse in American history. Hopefully it stays that way in a long time.

Other than that, I love your curiosity regarding these topics and I encourage you to continue further with such curiosity.

Double-page supporter
This is really awesome to read, as someone who has an interest in economics and villainess stories, this is like a breath of fresh air. Totally love it~ Highly recommend to give a read~ :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
There is few problem with this complicated manga like this.
First if the scanlation change it'll be disastrous because it can change few word make it so confusing
Second, because the overly complicated on economic, bank, and accounting this comic would be to hard for people without basic. Some people didn't even know what ledger is

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I feel like I am the only one too stupid to read this. because I can’t really keep up with what they saying. Even though in my opinion this Manga is actually good.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I am the only one too stupid to read this. because I can’t really keep up with what they saying. Even though in my opinion this Manga is actually good.
Same, just reading this just makes me feel stupid with how everything is flying over my head. At this point I'm reading it for the loli. :meguusmug:

I have read this as a novel through to v.3. Honestly, it’s such a breath of fresh air. Talk about not underestimating the reader’s intelligence, this story doesn’t give a damn about your intelligence. Have a good time googling a mind numbing amount economic terms, a fair bit of historical events, and some references to the 90s and early 2000s. The many bank and company mergers in this story can’t be compared with the information that has been merged in to my head. It also divides the heavy elements of the story with oftentimes light hearted and fun scenarios. It’s great fun rooting for Runa as a character during these times.

The manga seems to does a decent job at conveying most of the important economics, importantly tho, it loses the more subtle references and the light hearted showmanship. I feel that it is harder to root for Runa in the manga. I don’t want to blame the manga too much tho as this story is very dense. The art is cute. Runa looks good.

Do pick up the novel if you like what you see and aren’t averse to reading novels.

Fed-Kun's army
Couldn't make it through the first chapter because of the MASSIVE BOX OF TEXT the story laid out. It's isekai into a modern civilization close to ours, which is actually pretty interesting. However, a villainous manga w/ economic jargon thrown in? Too many explanations just make the story a bit tedious... for me at least.

I want to like this so bad. However, my simpleton pea brain can't handle the infodump of finance-related shit and I am crying. Reading this really feels like I'm reading a textbook.

Users who are viewing this thread