Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 6.1 - The Two Princes (1)

Dex-chan lover
Decided to reread to refresh my memory after this chapter came out,

and it looks like 1st prince is the reincarnation of the knight that MC died fighting in her previous life, so I'm almost 100% certain he's gonna be the ML now lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
I hoped for it in the previous chapter, and now she's actually leaving the family lol.

Dex-chan lover
MC: Don't get the potato girl engaged with a prince, it'll fuck up our political neutrality.
Mother: Wow, that's silly, don't be such a nag.
Father: WTF, why did you fuck up our political neutrality.

At this point, daddy dearest needs help not from MC, but from Jesus.

Dex-chan lover
It's pretty lazy writing to have the mom be this dumb, but then again I'm not looking for peak fiction from this title, so it's okay. Still gotta wonder did Dad know his wife was like this before they married or did she change over the course of the marriage. Probably arranged anyway, but damn

Dex-chan lover
All of you saying that the mother is dumb...

She is. But, as a devil advocate I'll present some other clues who could explain her behaviour.

I think she know it's kind of a trap but she love her adopted daughter so much (because of her traumatism when MC was a little child) that she spoil her.
She knows that commoner girl (don't remember her name, I'll call her C) that C isn't bright, is a spoiled child and is most likely to not have a bright future because of her flaws and because C will have to live in the shadow of MC.
By making her a princess it give her a chance to surpass MC in status and "secure" her future. Maybe the prince will use her and her family, but because C is dumb enough, there is a good chance that C will be kept alive, because it's easier to have a living dumb and easily manipulated queen than killing her.

Sure, it'll surely ruin and kill the mother, father and MC but the mother put so much faith in her daughter (and know that most flaws in C are her fault) that she prefers to play dumb and sacrifice everything to get the best life possible for C.

So the mother isn't just dumb, she is guilt tripped by having made her adopted daughter a dumb spoiled child, and fear her daughter because she doesn't act like a normal child which made her lost.

Dex-chan lover
She is smart but also stupid, she could easily clean her misunderstanding up but she doesn't quite know how too because she thinks it is too troublesome XD but in fact it is more troublesome to keep the misunderstanding up. I'm just glad she has her butler to keep her a bit more grounded.
You don't understand, she subscribes to the ideology of kill peopleism

Dex-chan lover
I cant with these people.

Like legit how and fucking why was the wife just able to accept that marrige without the head of the household's consent.

Like legit, take away that woman's privilleges until she learns she cant make a political decision like this without thinking about it.

Both the mother and the sister have less then a half braincell i swear to god.

Double-page supporter
Father 100% set up the marriage between the first prince and FMC to balance things out. And then the family is guaranteed to have the next queen, all according to plan. Even pre-empted FMC trying to escape, there's no way the first prince would arrive in time otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
Decided to reread to refresh my memory after this chapter came out, and it looks like 1st prince is the reincarnation of the knight that MC died fighting in her previous life, so I'm almost 100% certain he's gonna be the ML now lol.
Thought so too.

Dex-chan lover
So the mother isn't just dumb, she is guilt tripped by having made her adopted daughter a dumb spoiled child, and fear her daughter because she doesn't act like a normal child which made her lost.
...Which still feels incredibly contrived as a point to me.

Yes, your daughter did something f*cked up as a child that you wouldn't expect any child to do... So your solution, as her mother, is to replace her with this nice, convenient other daughter you "found" (aka who targeted you)? The mother's still either incredibly dumb, or incredibly unattached to her biological daughter with a fair amount of fear towards her - most likely the latter, considering her attitude towards Serena.

Either way she's a terrible person.

Dex-chan lover
The mother is suppose to be a noble by birth right? Doesn't that mean she also got a proper noble's education? She should know the importance of marriage (especially political marriage), as well as have a semblance of the political climate. What she did could be the start of a faction war. There is no way she wouldn't know this.
Yeah, there are weak parts in the writing to allow situations to happen :D

She probably doesn't pay much attention to it. Her marriage would also be decided by her family, and she only follow that decision. Not that there's any problem unless she already got another person she loves, because not only she got a duke as husband, he's one of the hottest guy in the high society at that time.
He also try to care for her, albeit difficult with the nature of his job that require him to always went abroad for business negotiations.

Divorce is probably very difficult in their society unless someone did public offence.

Dex-chan lover
Wise move. She chose to split before it hit the fan.

I hope the 1st prince i'snt one of those annoying two faced type of nice guys.

Dex-chan lover
url

Aggregator gang
Glad she decided to get away from all this bs. What does the father think that a little girl like Serena could do to keep the neutrality?? Even if she did have the ability for that, that birdbrain of a mother and stepsister of hers will just ruin everything for her. Honestly feel bad for Serena. :angery:

Dex-chan lover
i really can't stand the stupidity of the mother.
that much of flower bed in her head can't even think rationally. even when the MC already explain the situation

i really pity MC father because he has to deal with his wife antics that seems to never learn any of how noble society work.
anyone that read the LN/WN please tell me. does the mother get better or not? because honestly i really want to drop it if the mother didn't learn her lesson and be better. but i wanna try to bear with it because i like the MC.
i would really appreciated a lil bit of spoiler on that

Users who are viewing this thread