Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.2

Dex-chan lover
Serena did really well as a Duke’s Daughter.
She does well for the political aspect, but she does not do so well for the other aspect.
She is extremely bad a socializing and dont even try, so she is know as a weird girl by all.
She also never trying to put her "little sister" in her place in a normal way, so the two would not tarnish their family name. (All she did toward her sis was act in a way that would please the reader that were bulied as kids and never had the balls to defend themself)

Dex-chan lover
Man... our dramatis personæ is fucked up like some Greek/Shakespearean Tragedy!
Let's do the numbers...

Prince Evan:
Looks upon idiot sister (Rosemary) with such pity, because he can already see the obvious conclusion, and he knows he can't stop the signal. He's sad that such a flower must be pruned, but it's obvious that she'll never save herself, nor act in self preservation despite being warned hundreds of times.
Actually really likes MC (Serena), and thinks she's hilarious (and who wouldn't love Dat ass, an dem tiddies! Dayum! VA VA voom!)

Erich:
a drunken, shady piece of shit.
'Nuff sed.

Rosemary:
a mental child, with no self awareness; just like her affianced POS, Erich.
Again, 'nuff sed.

Moms:
head full of flowers, but actually loves her daughters; gotta be a fuckin train-wreck inside her head, by now!
One might almost wish she would go take a Tylenol, 600mg ibuprofen, and drink about 2½ cups of ClueJuice™ and just.... wake up with some small insight as to the lessons she literally would've had to learn in life to get married to a Duke; did she just giggle through school, or what?

MC Serena:
Perfect in every way.
Smart, funny, and stacked AS FUUUUUUUUUUUU .. Holy gods of the North, she is beautiful!
I mean... Black widow spiders, coral snakes, Okinawan green snakes, and girls with bipolar disorder? These are also beautiful, so I get that maybe it's a trap... but... damn.
Day
Yum
Dayum.

Really, though... I wish her moms, or maybe one single decent maid with a speck of humanity, could hear the conversation Serena's having with Tigur about her relationship with her mom; she deserves to at least have that conversation topic, and her thoughts on the matter, be known to her moms.
I think that might alleviate a ton of stupid and unnecessary interplay and confusion.
And it'd be funny for her mom to try and navigate her two "daughter's" radically different points of view. Would make for good "Character Development" in the story.
Hell, the author could make at least two black-border "flashback" chapters out of it, and eke out even more pages!

Great TL, guys and dolls; thanks for the work.

Dex-chan lover
She has the mentality of a grown adult... WTF are you going on with "child learn by mimicking adult"?
She is not a child, her mother showered her with love for year but she never gave any fuck... MC literaly said that she dont give any fuck about her mother and her family, but you blame the mother for it?

Seriously, people are stupid... They blame a mother because she had a crazy murderer in place of a kid, as if the mother was responsible for MC previous life.
I was explaining about how Children understand shit when they are little, so it was common for parents or mother to just show them stuff for the kids to copy first then explain why they do that or what ever later when the kid themself asked about it.

Not blaming the mother for not doing what people think she should do. Raising kids is hard. But i do still blame the mother for giving up on her and just ghosting from her parenting role. Sure Serana is a crazy murderer, but still she is her child in this life. Even if she can't teach her anything, at least she could exist in her life instead of just avoiding her and focus her love to a total stranger.

Dex-chan lover
She also never trying to put her "little sister" in her place in a normal way, so the two would not tarnish their family name. (All she did toward her sis was act in a way that would please the reader that were bulied as kids and never had the balls to defend themself)
Not sure which one you refer too.

She often just tell Rosemary to be more aware about her being daughter of a duke's house now and she need to act like one, and how Rosemary shouldn't hide behind her "born as commoner" excuse.
Not so different from Evan reminding Rosemary she is engaged and it's improper for her to be hanging with another men in this episode.
Yes, it falls to deaf ears, but Serena usually just do that, and the mud water tea incident are actually rare.

Dex-chan lover
Just an observation, but the MC situation with her mother reminds me of the myths about changelings replacing a person's child.

Some of the more modern theory is that changelings were meant to be a way for those of old to "explain" neurodivergent children, which the MC kinda exhibits in her inability to show her feelings very well (not saying all neurodivergent people are like that)
I'm autistic, and my alexithymia somehow made my allistic mom feel rejected. While I did have her love as a baby and toddler, it just started disappearing around the time I started school. Because she couldn't give unconditional love to a child who didn't smile the right way for her.

MC's mom reminds me a lot of my own. Just gave up instead of trying harder. Some weak love that is.

Dex-chan lover
I understand why Serena and her mother has such a bad relationship. What I have the biggest issue with us how objectively dumb the mom is.

How is she not aware of their house's neutral status when the playboy prince's engagement offer arrived? It's as if she never received noble education.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, Serena is a robot aka a high functioning psychopath. Mother was exactly right about her assessment the first time when she though her eyes looked dead inside. Because they are. She is acting appropriate to her position because that is what she thinks is expected of her. She was a tool in her previous life and she is one now as well. Just waiting for the correct user to appear. Which i assume will be the whatever CIA equivalent of this kingdom. She is a terrible MC to follow around imo.

Dex-chan lover
Lolol, don't sympathize with that 'mother,' not all children are the same and while MC was beyond mature with an inclination towards being physical- it doesn't excuse the fact that she openly loves another girl as her 'daughter.'
It takes a lot to be a mother, but 1) She is reckless with her 'favorite daughters' education; I think I've said in a previous chapter that the mother perceives motherhood as a convenient pet-like relationship. It'd a shame to her personal identity (as nobility) and her role as a mother - not preparing her 'daughter' with basic etiquette in an environment where it's a necessity. 2) So far she's barely made an effort to communicate with MC; after the incident, she shut-down and outright avoids her daughter. Parents are human, so familial love can be expended if they don't know how to draw healthy boundaries for themselves outside of being a parent, BUT, this mother continues to steer away from any sort of interaction. They have an inherent relationship; it's hard to maintain a relationship, but it's frustrating how she doesn't even have the heart to have a sit-down conversation with MC.
If she was fearful of her daughter's behavior, she should have personally tried to ameliorate it. Instead of pointing out why 'she's different,' 'not like other girls'- which MC doesn't even have affirmation that she could be anything but...

The conversation in this comment section reminded me of a villainess isekai. Specifically, in that series, the mom had a vision of all the evil her daughter would do in the future. So, instead of trying to raise her correctly, she immediately cut ties with her and decided to raise the 2nd daughter personally. Now, it's heavily implied that this is actually what would have led to the original mc becoming evil.
Which makes me question the mom here, if she didn't give up on Serena, while we know she wouldn't have probably changed much. Would the mother of had any slight impact on her personality?

Thanks for the TL btw
That sounds interesting do you remember the name of the manga?

Dex-chan lover
ofc she wouldn't know what love is coz her mother is a fucking dumbass that did not care for her..

Dex-chan lover
She often just tell Rosemary to be more aware about her being daughter of a duke's house now and she need to act like one, and how Rosemary shouldn't hide behind her "born as commoner" excuse.
She tell her little sister how like an adult would tell a shitty bart throwing a tantrum in the street, if you add the fact that she distanced herself from her family because she found it pointless, you have a situation were the little sister dont see her as a big sis but just a girl that is jalous or is just mean because she want to be mean.

She didn't take a "mature" aproach of the situation by trying to be more "pedagogical?", she supposedly have the mind of an adult so she should know that explaining things to other proprely, work in making them listen to what you want to say, but just telling people off dont work at all and even have an inverse effect.

Dex-chan lover
Oh. Because you talk about “pleasing bullied kids”, I thought you mean a show-of-force, which is not what she use most of the time.

Supporter
oh? is she actually going to mend her relationship with her mom at some point?

Dex-chan lover
People putting this much pressure on the mother seem to be overlooking (whether intentionally or not) the nuance of the situation as we know it. Plenty of people here have already succinctly explained so no use retreading. But, in short, placing full blame on the mother is choosing to be ignorant of the relevant circumstances surrounding Serena and her previous life. As far as I'm concerned they both have a hand in how tenuous their relationship has become.

And to some of you here who apply: enough with the armchair parenting. I'm confident many of you doing so aren't actually parents yourselves. It's easy to say what one should do when it isn't you in the metaphorical hot seat. I won't totally defend Serena's mother, but I be daft to look at everything that has occurred and assign full blame to her. The situation is not so cut and dry and I find it a little odd that people seem to think it is.

Thank you for the translation.

Contributor
After all these years Rosemary still resorts to her old reliable the "because I'm a commoner" card. It's kind of funny how Einrich surrounds himself with groupies while his fiancee has her orbiting simps. Both of them are overcompensating for the lack of attention from the person they want to be theirs. They suit each other, in a bad way.

Serena shouldn't be blaming herself too much over her inability to love her mother. Learning what love is on her own as a child shouldn't be her job, it's her parents' job to do that for her. Amaryllis isn't a very lovable mother in the first place for being so irresponsible, and let's not forget how she failed to teach her own biological daughter what love is even if only through example. Being Rosemary's weak-willed enabler is not love. It would be different if she persistently tried up to the present day to teach love but failed to the only child she ever birthed and I would love to credit Amaryllis for that, but she gave up very early on by replacing Serena in her heart with someone else's daughter to dote on.

I won't let Amaryllis off the hook for emotionally neglecting her child given that her only reason was that she's scared of her daughter.

Dex-chan lover
So collecting that rosemary is like some sort of substitute for her "ideal daughter" image for the mother?
And both feel super awkward/weird when interacting with each other, so both prefer to avoid it? (Serena and her mother that is)
At least that is what I am getting from this.

Users who are viewing this thread