Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.2

Dex-chan lover
The only little chemistry I could surmise is maybe that cliche where she kinda understands what it means to protect someone else and he protects her and all that during that monster at hunting thing fiasco. But pretty much unless author seriously elaborated on their relationship in the LN version or something more significant. Or that their so called years together hanging out and her being used to him could be what makes a foundation. But honestly it’s like paper thin reaching for any chemistry between those two.

Like just before hunting event, which is really short, Evan basically talks about dedicating the prey he gets and giving it to her type ritual for courting. She basically goes ok, but doesn’t understand. Monster attacks, she basically kills it, gets distracted and almost killed only to be saved by him protecting her. There’s nothing really significant besides the reminder of said knight who died protecting his prince from her past life self.

Also Evan is not a reincarnator his looks just so happen to be the same as the knight in the past life.
Yeah seems like pretty basic shit. The problem with the writing, as far as i can surmise, is that she is written as a pretty obvious high functioning psychopath. So any attempt to humanize her life (like romance or friends etc.) before humanizing her first, falls flat. I don't think we can see a chemistry with anyone let alone the dickhead unles she changes fundementaly first. This is one of those storries where MC is so broken at their core that any romance plot doesn't make any sense or feels right. In a sense, her mother had the right idea about her in this chapter, but her whole approach was retarded with the substitute daughter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Have you forgotten what she was like before little sis show up?
https://mangadex.org/chapter/0be786fc-94e6-4ea6-8ca9-fa8800474630/10
https://mangadex.org/chapter/0be786fc-94e6-4ea6-8ca9-fa8800474630/11
https://mangadex.org/chapter/0be786fc-94e6-4ea6-8ca9-fa8800474630/13
https://mangadex.org/chapter/0be786fc-94e6-4ea6-8ca9-fa8800474630/14

If that's 'barely trying' I don't know what kinda loving/teaching you're expecting (this is Serena at 6 years old, and mom's noticed Serena's oddity since she was a baby)
i honestly don't want to continue this topic because it's tiring to reply to people making the same point all the time

that's literally in chapter 1, in that occassion only and she met rosemary and ditched Serena, most of the time, as Serena said it herself, she kept getting surrounded by her mother and the maid getting fawned over, sure, that's affection, but it's still just fawning over instead of understanding her daughter more

and yes, you could say that the mother could understand her daughter in a way which is why she knows that Serena is distancing herself away from the mother, but is that really how a mother should act? "oh, my daughter acting distance from me, let's be creeped out and distanced myself away as well"
remember, this is the mother that fawned over Rosemary as well and look at how she turned out to be, teaching and pampering are different, the mother didn't bother trying to pinpoint her own daughter problem and try to resolve it, it's also the reason why Rosemary is being a huge spoiled bitch

if someone way of raising a kid is just fawning over the child and just spoil them like Rosemary in this story and distancing themselves when a kid act like Serena, they might as well not have a kid

Dex-chan lover
i honestly don't want to continue this topic because it's tiring to reply to people making the same point all the time

that's literally in chapter 1, in that occassion only and she met rosemary and ditched Serena, most of the time, as Serena said it herself, she kept getting surrounded by her mother and the maid getting fawned over, sure, that's affection, but it's still just fawning over instead of understanding her daughter more

and yes, you could say that the mother could understand her daughter in a way which is why she knows that Serena is distancing herself away from the mother, but is that really how a mother should act? "oh, my daughter acting distance from me, let's be creeped out and distanced myself away as well"
remember, this is the mother that fawned over Rosemary as well and look at how she turned out to be, teaching and pampering are different, the mother didn't bother trying to pinpoint her own daughter problem and try to resolve it, it's also the reason why Rosemary is being a huge spoiled bitch

if someone way of raising a kid is just fawning over the child and just spoil them like Rosemary in this story and distancing themselves when a kid act like Serena, they might as well not have a kid

And Rosemary showed up when Serena was SIX YEARS old, that's how long mom's been at it.

YOU couldn't continue this topic for less than a day just because people 'making the same point all the time'
Imagine mom having to spend six years with Serena constantly giving her the cold shoulder, and you think you've got the moral high ground over her?

Rosemary being huge spoiled bitch is, ironically, because she ALSO refuse to listen and not 'only' because mom is not punishing her.

Dex-chan lover
And Rosemary showed up when Serena was SIX YEARS old, that's how long mom's been at it.

YOU couldn't continue this topic for less than a day just because people 'making the same point all the time'
Imagine mom having to spend six years with Serena constantly giving her the cold shoulder, and you think you've got the moral high ground over her?

Rosemary being huge spoiled bitch is, ironically, because she ALSO refuse to listen and not 'only' because mom is not punishing her.
of course i don't want to continue this topic, because it's pointless, and in the first place, it's just a conversation of fictional characters which i just brought up some similiarity in real world
and if we're talking about my own child, of course my attitude would be different, so yes, why would i argue with people over this for a long time, and i don't even get money from this
and don't even talk about moral high ground just because of this, that's childish that you got mad over silly topic and bringing my moral into this since in the first place, you don't know me

and from everything that the author shown so far, which is very little, author only showing how bad the mother are, so how are you going to assume of things that isn't shown that the mother aren't just fawning over her, trying to spoil her instead of trying to keep the distance close no matter what and try to understand her
in fact, the author actually shown how capable the father is and earned the respect of Serena and even think of him as her father of some sort in a way, and i'm just saying this just in case people also don't know, i'm not saying Serena doesn't have psychopathic behavior, but the mother isn't exactly the best either, she knows that Serena is distancing herself from her and yet she gave up after she got Rosemary and her attitude towards Serena isn't the best either after

on top of that, with Rosemary, just in case you forgot, forget about punishing her, the mother barely even see what Rosemary doing is wrong, why? because Rosemary trying to keep blaming Serena for things she did wrong because she wants everyone attention and you know what the mother did? blame Serena immediately
caring isn't only about fawning over a child, it's taught them when they did something wrong and doesn't listen

and i'm just gonna say this, we can agree to disagree if you can't see the point of things that i said either

Dex-chan lover
going to assume of things that isn't shown that the mother aren't just fawning over her, trying to spoil her instead of trying to keep the distance close no matter what and try to understand her

literally fucking last chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/f5b15af7-ad6a-4790-ae92-b4250fbc14a3/2

https://mangadex.org/chapter/f5b15af7-ad6a-4790-ae92-b4250fbc14a3/4

Clearly the mother totally wasn't paying attention to Serena even though she tried to approach Serena and was ONCE AGAIN met with Serena's fake smile that she could tell.
CLEARLY that's the sign of a mom 'only' trying to spoil her /s

Dex-chan lover
literally fucking last chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/f5b15af7-ad6a-4790-ae92-b4250fbc14a3/2

https://mangadex.org/chapter/f5b15af7-ad6a-4790-ae92-b4250fbc14a3/4

Clearly the mother totally wasn't paying attention to Serena even though she tried to approach Serena and was ONCE AGAIN met with Serena's fake smile that she could tell.
CLEARLY that's the sign of a mom 'only' trying to spoil her /s
For the last time as well, again, the author only show this once in a while, we don't know how many times the mother actually tried to approach her and this is Serena at her teenager phase, of course at that point she doesn't spoil her anymore, the point i've been making from the start, AGAIN, is when Serena is still a child, before and after Rosemary and before Serena distance herself even more from the mother already

you CLEARLY know even from reading the story, the mother FOCUSES a lot only on Rosemary after Rosemary appeared, she literally mostly gave up on Serena

i will say this at least, me saying that people shouldn't have a child if they can't do exactly the point i've been making is too far on my comment before, and i definitely feel bad and sorry about that, but my point still stands about this story relationship between the mother and serena

Dex-chan lover
again, the author only show this once in a while, we don't know how many times the mother actually tried to approach her and this is Serena at her teenager phase, of course at that point she doesn't spoil her anymore, the point i've been making from the start, AGAIN, is when Serena is still a child, before and after Rosemary and before Serena distance herself even more from the mother already

you CLEARLY know even from reading the story, the mother FOCUSES a lot only on Rosemary after Rosemary appeared, she literally mostly gave up on Serena

Do you not see the irony of your 2 statements where somehow because mom doesn't get that much screen time it's hard to tell what she's doing when not on screen yet you're just assuming she 'CLEARLY' 'FOCUSES' on Rosemary.

From skimming through earlier chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/940e90dd-6575-474b-94bf-e0175dd6de2d/2
Here's mom trying to teach Rosemary in her own way (and with both girls present)
https://mangadex.org/chapter/177b7c0b-ac87-45ba-b302-046dcde2ff0a/2
Here's her having tea with both, again.

Yeah, she TOTALLY focus on Rosemary and not just you having biased remembrance of things /s

Or are you gonna put these under 'once in a while' moments too? I did skim through the chapters quite fast but if we remove all these 'once in a while' scenes mom might ends up with even less appearance than the body double girl.

Dex-chan lover
Do you not see the irony of your 2 statements where somehow because mom doesn't get that much screen time it's hard to tell what she's doing when not on screen yet you're just assuming she 'CLEARLY' 'FOCUSES' on Rosemary.

From skimming through earlier chapter:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/940e90dd-6575-474b-94bf-e0175dd6de2d/2
Here's mom trying to teach Rosemary in her own way (and with both girls present)
https://mangadex.org/chapter/177b7c0b-ac87-45ba-b302-046dcde2ff0a/2
Here's her having tea with both, again.

Yeah, she TOTALLY focus on Rosemary and not just you having biased remembrance of things /s

Or are you gonna put these under 'once in a while' moments too? I did skim through the chapters quite fast but if we remove all these 'once in a while' scenes mom might ends up with even less appearance than the body double girl.
I will not reply again after this, i'm done with this conversation at the fact that you only want to be proven right even after i mentioned i agree with your points before, i'm just replying again before because you don't see my point and assume i only focus on the bitch daugther

the real irony is that you don't really analyze the dialogue either, first of all, the part you linked, AGAIN, just shows the massive difference of treatment she's shown to rosemary unlike Serena, and you're also clearly trying to avoid not linking any pages on chapters that clearly shown Rosemary trying to bully Serena and failed, and she blamed it on her sister and the mother doesn't really reprimand her but blame Serena instead, see the discrepancy?

2nd of all, the 2nd page of them have tea party, it's a noble tea party basically, yes, she did call Serena, again, and you know what she focuses on? FUCKING ROSEMARY AGAIN, i'm not even trying to focus on Rosemary, the author did and you yourself did, see the discrepancy again on the treatment between the 2?

somehow because mom doesn't get that much screen time it's hard to tell what she's doing when not on screen yet you're just assuming she 'CLEARLY' 'FOCUSES' on Rosemary.
another IRONY on this is that, it's the AUTHOR THAT MADE IT THAT WAY, amazing, right?
you're the one that assume the author wrote the mother the way with what you said in mind, while i'm only pointing out what the author EXACTLY WRITTEN, i didn't assume on things that didn't happen or not shown

and i'm just gonna say since you're ASSUMING things about me as well, i re-read a lot of manga because i'm afraid that i missed something because these kind of manga updates monthly

so yeah, AGREE TO DISAGREE, GOOD DAY TO YOU

Fed-Kun's army
Good internal monologue. I feel like the story would have been better served if it had come up far earlier, since it frames the mother-daughter relationship in a more meaningful light. Better late than never, I suppose :thumbsup:

Prince actually looked concerned for Rosemary there... :thonk:
He’s probably thinking about his mother’s relationship with the king.

Dex-chan lover
first of all, the part you linked, AGAIN, just shows the massive difference of treatment she's shown to rosemary unlike Serena, and you're also clearly trying to avoid not linking any pages on chapters that clearly shown Rosemary trying to bully Serena and failed, and she blamed it on her sister and the mother doesn't really reprimand her but blame Serena instead, see the discrepancy?

It's not that mom is spoiling Rosemary, she's just overly sympathetic and against violence in general. She's a typical sheltered noble girl who's kept from the dark side of things (probably because dad is just that competent)

Here's her reaction to Serena bringing Tigur, an unknown boy, to the house:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/2d42de7c-af05-468a-90f7-d177acd67437/2
https://mangadex.org/chapter/2d42de7c-af05-468a-90f7-d177acd67437/3

No shit mom can't treat Serena that way if Serena refuse to let herself be treated that way.

you know what she focuses on? FUCKING ROSEMARY AGAIN

So talking about recent news is totally about spoiling that person? Totally not because Serena herself has been keeping things in the dark so there's no thing for mom to talk about or anything, right?

while i'm only pointing out what the author EXACTLY WRITTEN, i didn't assume on things that didn't happen or not shown

From the same person who previously went "the author only show this once in a while, we don't know how many times the mother actually tried to approach her" giving implication that it's an exceptions.

Or your first post: " i'm pretty sure that's the mother job to teach their son or daughter to do so, all in all, she's just a bad mother that choose one that are easier to pamper that said kid turned into spoiled bitch (the little sister)"

CLEARLY you TOTALLY didn't assume stuffs /s

Or that you keep replying after saying things like
"i honestly don't want to continue this topic "
"For the last time as well"

Dex-chan lover
From what I can see, Serena probably is closer to her father because they think in similar ways. Duke Alto is shown to be competent, practical, and realistic. He has a firm grasp on politics and how noble society and political conflicts work, and is just overall professional when it comes to his duties.
Those qualities seem to endear him to Serena.

Dex-chan lover
Page 15 doesn’t look like acceptance of protection, but acceptance of a hug she isn’t getting out of and contemplating if her mother is the same type of person as the knight, who would die for the sake of another. Serena was considering what that is like, and that she can’t understand it.
Then in the following pages Serena reiterates that she wants to be able to defend herself, and she needs to develop her body to kill as she wants.

Why force Serena to do something she doesn’t want to, just because you think she should? Isn’t she entitled to live her life as she wants to, now that she’s an adult?
This is my last replay because i don't think you reply because you want a discussion, but more about acceptance and recognition for preconception you already have (which i might be wrong but that is how your past comment feels like), and also because i gave up. I want to keep the conversation going but it doesn't seems you want to change your view, and i can't spare time for an unwilling person even if i want to. That would be me forcing my view to you.

I won't comment about the interpretation since each person is mold differently even if it only by a slight difference, so what you see could be wholly different from someone else. I will say though, similar to how you ride a bike, the pedal feels heavy to push to get going but it will get easier as the speed picks up. As i said in the beginning, if that little shit didn't appear, Serena might have learn what love is, even if it's in a different way than her mother's love. That shit appearance stops the wheel of change by giving Serana a reason to ignore the family and go back deep into her past life way of life, while the mother who is now scared of her stops her effort to teach Serana Love, kindness, mercy, all that good shit. And once that wheel of change that started moving stopped again, it became hard to move it again.

And lastly, you think she was forcing her? Forcing her to be kind? to have mercy?

NORMALLY, a child started life not knowing what's good or bad, what they should and should not do, and what the world is like. Until said child reach the age where the society deem enough for the child to be responsible for their own choice, it was the parent's job to educate and pass on the societal value to the kid so they won't be considered a danger and would bring harm for others. Whether the child accept that value or not and how they express their view about it is up to them, but until they are an "Adult", parents have the obligation to teach the child whether you see it as forcing or not. A child could be very easily become a a thug because they found happiness in hurting others but the parents doesn't want to force their idea of happiness to the said child. A child could grow up morally correct, but because they were never taught on how to identify danger since they don't understand fear but the parent doesn't want to steer the child to one side based on their own value, would easily dabble in the illegal stuff later on thinking it was business like any other, just with more risk because some people doesn't like what they did.

All that is left to critique about her mother is whether she did it in an appropriate way or not. So far, other than the minus people already talked about in another comment, just by chapter 1 alone, the mom didn't seems to be doing it too badly. She was stern but not forceful, trying to make sure she understand (even though Serana obviously not and lied). Sure, Serana is all grown up now and have all the right to live her life. But both want to try to reconnect, both because of guilt, but also too scared to actually do it. Hence the shared opinion that there should be a wake up call so that both could make the relationship clear.

Dex-chan lover
Just binged this today and honestly, I don't like Serena. I don't hate her, and I like it when she's being all scary, but it feels like she's undecided. If she really doesn't enjoy being a duke's daughter she should just ditch her title and going full assassin with the guild. If not, then at least make an effort to be an amicable duke daughter. Duke is like, the highest before royalty. She surely couldn't expect that her attitude (I won't say to Rosemary because she clearly is a little shit) to other nobles her age will be accepted by the general noble circle. No wonder Rosemary walks all over you because you can't be arsed to put her down. And the 'can't be arsed' attitude is born because she does not really care. 'But she paid attention in the lessons and is shown to care about her family name!' Exactly. If she care about her family's name, she would've at least make an effort with other nobles (I won't touch the family matter) but what do we see? She avoids crowd. Like I said before, if you don't really like your status, then just ditch them. It's like she's chaining herself to her noble name, and yet refused to own it.

Lastly, I don't want to delve to kick a dead horse with this topic, but the matter with her family should at least turn better if she has conviction in what she wants to do. A noble, or an assassin. She can't have both with the general attitude she has now.

Dex-chan lover
If not, then at least make an effort to be an amicable duke daughter. Duke is like, the highest before royalty.
Serena did really well as a Duke’s Daughter.

She is very aware of the position of everyone around her, the factions, how to interact, and always on the look for details. Example like what she had shown in the tea party which ends with her getting job to kill a whole family.
When someone look for trouble with her, she often just ignore them because with her status, most of the rumours are nothing more than annoyance. And when someone confronted her, she did it diplomatically, then answer back with arguments acceptable according to the common sense of their society.
She knows to not abuse her position and gives excuse for other nobilities to taint her and her family’s image. The closest thing to violence she ever did is stabbing Bruce, and throwing Rosemary to mud twice. But beyond that, she only reminds Rosemary as a sister.

I think that’s why Alto allowed her to just do whatever she likes. Because as a duke’s daughter, Serena is already mature enough to navigate her way through the noble society.

What she did terribly is being a daughter.

Also notice that the rumours insults are mainly targeted at Rosemary (who they see as safe target because she's not of real noble blood). They usually avoid actually insulting the Violet house to not get into direct conflict. They also don’t dare to target Serena, who is a genuine nobility.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I feel like i need to straighten this a little. Children learn primarily by imitation the adult (or creature with the closest interaction to them). They then learn by associating the action they learn to a more abstract concept or idea to create a framework of what that is.
She has the mentality of a grown adult... WTF are you going on with "child learn by mimicking adult"?
She is not a child, her mother showered her with love for year but she never gave any fuck... MC literaly said that she dont give any fuck about her mother and her family, but you blame the mother for it?

Seriously, people are stupid... They blame a mother because she had a crazy murderer in place of a kid, as if the mother was responsible for MC previous life.

Users who are viewing this thread