Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.1

Dex-chan lover
This starts to get spicy. Can't wait for the conssequences hits these dumbasses

So Rosemary's idea of "I'm in higher position than you" is to give Serena a plain soup and dry bread? Oh come on sis, you can do better than that lmao

Dex-chan lover
So Rosemary's idea of "I'm in higher position than you" is to give Serena a plain soup and dry bread? Oh come on sis, you can do better than that lmao
I guess it is her poor attempt at a flex? "I'm in charge now, so fall in line!"

She has been really spoiled since day one, and I swear she lead her dog into their yard to get in the family in the first place... But at the same time, she is so very dumb, that feels like praising her too much.

Dex-chan lover
The sad thing is that while her little sis looks evil, it is actually a normal behavior from a commoner who got picked to noble and later to future queen.
That cheekiness and looking for attention attitude is normal at her age.
She is definitely wrong person at wrong location.

Dex-chan lover
Spare her, that's probably the only idea she has of how to flex as someone with power.
At least she doesn't go laughing Ohohohohoho

And yes, it's childish.
Only after learning from getting punished for doing such thing that they will grow up to the more dirty-handed tricks.
Such as the passive-aggressive harassment, where they don't exactly "do" anything, so they can't be punished for it, but still making life uncomfortable for their victim.

Group Leader
dancing-coffin-coffin-dance.gif

Dex-chan lover
As far as she should be aware, mc is just a perfectly normal quiet introverted kid and that's it. MC didn't exactly make it obvious that she is abnormal. Mother effectively abandoning her daughter to play house with some random kid is kind of inexcusable.

I just went back to freshen up my memory and I don't think it's a mother problem at all. She didn't abandon Serena, instead the MC is a complete alien that never felt familiar bonds before her death and now that she is given a second chance she couldn't care less about her new mother. She created a rift between herself and her mother and caused the latter to seek that bond elsewhere.

And over the years that gap seemed to have gotten so bad that her Mother's love completely twisted into the mess we have now. In my opinion this is all the MC's fault.

Dex-chan lover
I just went back to freshen up my memory and I don't think it's a mother problem at all. She didn't abandon Serena, instead the MC is a complete alien that never felt familiar bonds before her death and now that she is given a second chance she couldn't care less about her new mother. She created a rift between herself and her mother and caused the latter to seek that bond elsewhere.

And over the years that gap seemed to have gotten so bad that her Mother's love completely twisted into the mess we have now. In my opinion this is all the MC's fault.
I would argue that the mother should also shoulder some of those responsibilities. The rift started when Serena fend off the dog and Rosemary appear. The mother didn't listen to Serena at all, like 0&. She was the prime example of spoiled privilege person. She chose to shun societal duties of a duchess. She choose to be ignorance of political situation of her country. All because she could afford to. Granted Serena didn't make it easy either. Both the mother and Serena made zero efforts to repair the relationship. The mother basically scared and dismissive of Serena, while Serena think the mother was an airhead idiot.
But the most important thing, for me at least, is that the mother was an adult here. And she hadn't been acting like one in a long time.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I would argue that the mother should also shoulder some of those responsibilities. The rift started when Serena fend off the dog and Rosemary appear. The mother didn't listen to Serena at all, like 0&. She was the prime example of spoiled privilege person. She chose to shun societal duties of a duchess. She choose to be ignorance of political situation of her country. All because she could afford to. Granted Serena didn't make it easy either. Both the mother and Serena made zero efforts to repair the relationship. The mother basically scared and dismissive of Serena, while Serena think the mother was an airhead idiot.
But the most important thing, for me at least, is that the mother was an adult here. And she hadn't been acting like one in a long time.

True, however Serena did not help her mother grow up from the spoiled princess behavior she seems to exhibit, i.e. she was not a baby the woman could care for. And the natural flaw in their relationships created by MC was worsened by the appearance of the lil' gremlin Rosemary making her skip a few steps in the whole growing up process if that makes any sense.

Ultimately, I am just not a fan of people bashing that woman for what is undoubtedly more than one-layered issue.

Dex-chan lover
True, however Serena did not help her mother grow up from the spoiled princess behavior she seems to exhibit, i.e. she was not a baby the woman could care for. And the natural flaw in their relationships created by MC was worsened by the appearance of the lil' gremlin Rosemary making her skip a few steps in the whole growing up process if that makes any sense.

Ultimately, I am just not a fan of people bashing that woman for what is undoubtedly more than one-layered issue.
Again, the mother Never listen to Serena's words. So Serena stop trying. It wasn't the job of a child to be the parent. And It wasn't Serena's job to teach her how to be the duchess. It wasn't Serena's job to teach her mother to know the political situation of her country. If anything, that's the father's job.

I am not saying that Serena is blameless. But the mother, as an adult and a duchess, was no better than Rosemary, in terms of societal awareness, being accountable, and taking responsibilties for their own duties.

Dex-chan lover
Again, the mother Never listen to Serena's words. So Serena stop trying. It wasn't the job of a child to be the parent. And It wasn't Serena's job to teach her how to be the duchess. It wasn't Serena's job to teach her mother to know the political situation of her country. If anything, that's the father's job.

While I agree that woman is behaving mostly like a trophy wife. I disagree about Her not listening to Serena. When the dog attacked, she was attentive and believed her. But the off-putting MC's behavior later led to the point where her own mother questions whenever Serena is even Her's.

At that point it is pretty clear she wouldn't want to have anything to do with the girl and this is where MC's main fault is. She doesn't want to adapt and escalated the situation to the point where in the eyes of her mother, whatever point Serena has is mute.

Dex-chan lover
Serena, I think got the problem of treating her current life as infiltration mission.

The only time she live among normal people in her past life are when in disguise during job, to approach her target. In those situation it’s preferred to do the minimum to mingle and blend in as to not invite suspicion, but not have any attachment so you can just disappear after the job done with no trace.
In life she did the same. She avoided her parents because too much contact might blow her cover. Ironically that’s what made her noticeably weird for her mother.

She also, as Tigur told her before, too blunt and lack empathy. Well, in her past life she doesn’t have the room to think of anything other than to do the job and survive another day.

Dex-chan lover
While I agree that woman is behaving mostly like a trophy wife. I disagree about Her not listening to Serena. When the dog attacked, she was attentive and believed her. But the off-putting MC's behavior later led to the point where her own mother questions whenever Serena is even Her's.

At that point it is pretty clear she wouldn't want to have anything to do with the girl and this is where MC's main fault is. She doesn't want to adapt and escalated the situation to the point where in the eyes of her mother, whatever point Serena has is mute.
You said Serena should teach the mother about things, I said she never listen to her. To which I said it's not Serena's job to be the adult and teach her mother about things. Of which her mother been dismissive, play down the severity, and been ignorant of the situation, that she should have been aware of as a duchess. Even when the dog attack, the mother still rebuff Serena saying that she shouldn't attack the dog and instead should just dodge it. Serena whose thought was she knew better than her, didn't agreed with her. Again, I agreed that's when the rift started.

Regardless of whether Serena tell her mother these things or not, they are the things that the duchess should have known and be aware of. Those duties were there regardless of Serena's actions and presences. Again, Serena isn't blameless. But the mother hadn't been doing her own job. Because of her action, her house went from neutral to backing the dangerous faction. Serena and her mother didn't know how to communicate with each other. While Serena, who think she knew better, could have adapted her approach, she had longed given up and stop trying. That is Serena's fault but her mother also stop trying.

Again, adults have more responsibilities than children. All the mother did was Avoidance, toward Serena, toward her duchess duties, toward noble society, toward her county's political situation. As an adult, she had the power to make decision. Of which she did not use like a duchess should. And that's why people dislike the mother's behavior.

Serena didn't change and so did her mother. For me, I say the mother as an adult should shouldered the blames more than a child.

Dex-chan lover

Tbh I wanted to keep things short, not elaborating further on points that didn't translate well from thoughts to writing.

Never have I said that the mother was blameless, but I still see that most of her behavior stems from the initial lack of communication between Serena and Her. Whenever Author implicitly was aiming for it or not, we can see that Serena has always been independent and denied her mother a chance to grow up as a problem-solving character while raising a kid.

If Serena would have been bitten by a dog instead of stabbing it, she wouldn't scare her mother and instead that would force the woman to prioritize her own daughter, probably rethink the security of the mansion grounds and so much more. However, I doubt that author was thinking so deeply into it and just wanted to create an antagonizing character for the readers to hate. That's why I can't take her seriously.

Then again, if the initial aim was for her mother's love and reason to be twisted by how alien Serena's from the early age, leading the character to insanity then I have to applaud the author for taking that route. In my eyes it would be a much more engaging tale than simply saying "oh, her mother has always been a neglectful bitch". It would make her more sympathetic and relatable as there are all sorts of mothers in the world and having a deviation of the usual "evil mother" manga trope would be exquisite. However I doubt that's the case at all. But I still hang onto it and will keep the blame solely on Serena until we get more chapters that delve deeper into their characters. Or not.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh I wanted to keep things short, not elaborating further on points that didn't translate well from thoughts to writing.

Never have I said that the mother was blameless, but I still see that most of her behavior stems from the initial lack of communication between Serena and Her. Whenever Author implicitly was aiming for it or not, we can see that Serena has always been independent and denied her mother a chance to grow up as a problem-solving character while raising a kid.

If Serena would have been bitten by a dog instead of stabbing it, she wouldn't scare her mother and instead that would force the woman to prioritize her own daughter, probably rethink the security of the mansion grounds and so much more. However, I doubt that author was thinking so deeply into it and just wanted to create an antagonizing character for the readers to hate. That's why I can't take her seriously.

Then again, if the initial aim was for her mother's love and reason to be twisted by how alien Serena's from the early age, leading the character to insanity then I have to applaud the author for taking that route. In my eyes it would be a much more engaging tale than simply saying "oh, her mother has always been a neglectful bitch". It would make her more sympathetic and relatable as there are all sorts of mothers in the world and having a deviation of the usual "evil mother" manga trope would be exquisite. However I doubt that's the case at all. But I still hang onto it and will keep the blame solely on Serena until we get more chapters that delve deeper into their characters. Or not.
My main disagreement to your points were that the mother kept ignoring her duties and responsibilities as a duchess. Which you didn't mention at all in all your replies. This behavior wouldn't change had Serena been a regular child. After all, she doted on Rosemary and still remain ignorant.

Dex-chan lover
My main disagreement to your points were that the mother kept ignoring her duties and responsibilities as a duchess. Which you didn't mention at all in all your replies. This behavior wouldn't change had Serena been a regular child. After all, she doted on Rosemary and still remain ignorant.
Fairly sure I agreed that she shafts her responsibilities several posts ago? I've also said that it is on the author to have given us a high-ranking woman unaware of her own duties. It is one of the points why I don't place the blame on the character when she is intentionally poorly prepared to interact with the government politics. Not on her. In reality she'd be trained so hard she would be proud of Serena when the girl stabbed the dog.

As I see it, she is a normal mother and not a duchess, that way I see had Serena acted her age we could've gotten a family arc. Instead we were introduced to a villain and the mother's behavior has been getting progressively worse, if that was author's intentions to make her a semi-insane figure than kudos to her. It still makes Serena responsible for driving her mother away from herself to the Rosemary's villainy.

Dex-chan lover
Fairly sure I agreed that she shafts her responsibilities several posts ago? I've also said that it is on the author to have given us a high-ranking woman unaware of her own duties. It is one of the points why I don't place the blame on the character when she is intentionally poorly prepared to interact with the government politics. Not on her. In reality she'd be trained so hard she would be proud of Serena when the girl stabbed the dog.

As I see it, she is a normal mother and not a duchess, that way I see had Serena acted her age we could've gotten a family arc. Instead we were introduced to a villain and the mother's behavior has been getting progressively worse, if that was author's intentions to make her a semi-insane figure than kudos to her. It still makes Serena responsible for driving her mother away from herself to the Rosemary's villainy.
The speculation here is that how is it possible for a high-ranking woman to not be ware of her own duties. By the time the prince engagement happen, she was married to the duke for at least 13 years. So she had plenty of time to learn and be taught, regardless of her background. If she was from a noble house, then she would be taught these things. If she was a commoner, I think we would have seen the gossip about it, based on how the children treat Rosemary.
My final point is, and I think most people felt the same way, that if we gonna assign blames, both Serena and her mother had their faults. But, as an adult, the mother should shoulder the blame more than Serena. Serena certainly didn't make it easy. But her mother seemingly not trying at all. She avoid her daughter because she couldn't deal with her and simply spending her time doing the easy things, like she always has been.

Users who are viewing this thread