Moto Saikyou no Kenshi wa, Isekai Mahou ni Akogareru

The initial "obstacle" that the MC has is nonsensical. Or rather, it's fine by itself as far as premises go, but the setup for it is absolutely ridiculous.

It's fine that there's a country that overly emphasizes the important of skills. That makes sense, I can buy it. It makes sense that those without skills could be looked down upon, and that nobles without skills could be discriminated against because they're seen as unable to fulfill their duties.

What doesn't make sense though is for people who wish for the best for the MC to interpret the results of his skill appraisal as "no skill" when a result was clearly printed and literally implies that he's on par with the gods.

If the result were more like "unknown" or "N/A" it would make more sense. Or if it said something that could be interpreted in a negative fashion. But because the author decided to give the MC a grandiose sounding skill appraisal result, everything that results from it makes no sense at all. Heck, I could even buy it if his parents hated him and purposefully interpreted his results in the worst possible way. But no, his supposedly loving parents decide to interpret in the worst possible and decide they must disown him... Are we sure they love him? In a world where there are special skill results and people with irregular skills, would parents that truly loved him decide to interpret his skill appraisal results in such a nonsensical manner?

Everything else is fine enough if a tad generic, but I just can't get over how stupid that portion of the premise is. It's an ugly mark on an otherwise decent manga. I'll still read this, but that's going to bother me every time it's brought up directly or indirectly.

This poor guy keeps getting dust in just one of his eyes every couple pages. Truly a cursed soul.

Dex-chan lover
@PersonaJXT perhaps that appraiser lady actually hid the true result because he would only get chained down by those adults.
It's something he was actually relieved about, ya kno.
Being free from trouble and restrictions

Group Leader
I bet I'm not the only one who has to go back couple chapters cuz you forgot this manga exists.

Aggregator gang
i dont get it,
His sword skill is godly, even without magic he'd still whoop ass since his sword skill is that of a god...
Everything here seems too forced, Its like everyone has blindfolds and refuse to see anything that isn't related to magic.
Too narrow minded as someone who manages territories as if they haven't gotten any wisdom through the years lol.
I didn't read the novel for this one though, does it get any better? like do people get real personalities and not forced in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread