Mushoku no Eiyuu: Betsu ni Skill Nanka Iranakattan daga

Dex-chan lover
Again, interesting premise. Then it continued on to become total shit.

It's not original, but the whole "gaining power through endless training and unlimited willpower" in the beginning was what brought me here.
Heck the part of him asking to get hit over and over to brute force learning the skill was good.
And although not much, the main characters (the initial 3) were slowly getting fleshed out albeit very little.

Then magic school arc started and author said "fck all that previous shit, here have all the spells and tons of new characters and no time at all to flesh any of them out just have quirks and traits stuck on them"

The least the author could do was let him struggle for it like he did with swordsmanship, but I guess he got lazy

Fed-Kun's army
My theory is that the high view count on this manga is only because it appears on the Top Chapters tab by an overwhelming margin and gets new readers curious. They thus contribute to the view count, which leads other new viewers to look at it, and so begins an endless spiral of people getting tricked into reading this tripe.

Remember kids, a high view count does not always correlate with high quality.

Isnt this the manga about a kid who has no skill ? But he can mimic and master other skills by just watching a person use it ?

@ jackmiaw
could also be he is classless cause he is limitless, still it is kinda bullshit. Like one, it's moving to fast and its kinda an overused troupe

Power Uploader
Oh no, another monthly serialization... Just why? Why does all the manga that I somewhat like has to be a monthly serialization?

what is the end goal of this? the mc becomes strongest in sword and magic.... then what? so what? whats the point? is there an actual "story" or is this just "the story of a classless kid becoming best at everything the end"?

Supporter
Quite an entertaining read, very simple, it doesnt take itself too seriously but keeps you reading nonetheless. The sneaky mother is the best character!

as you go through each chapter it becomes more and more entertaining. its not the most entertaining manga ever nor is it a really boring one in terms of entertainment its like a 6. in terms of story i dont really see a story so like a 2 and in terms of comedy its not funny at all so 0 so the manga is like a 5/10 its average. its not bad and its not good.

Dex-chan lover
This is probably the most boring manga I've ever read.

There are others that are terrible for all sorts of other reasons, but this one is just really dull and pointless, and just more boring as it progresses.
Like at least early on there were a few potentially interesting characters, but they keep getting abandoned completely in favour of just following around the pointlessly OP protagonist in just effortlessly beating everything with no real justification. Like every little bit of potential this might have for interest or story is deliberately thrown away like some extreme effort to make it as tedious as humanly possible.

So I'm giving it a 2/10.

Worst thing is I specifically came here via the ecchi tag, and there was no ecchi at all. There was one brief nude loli played for comedy. The tags on this site are a fucking mess.

@simplechild
I use a high view count as a proxy for number of chapters. And it isn't terrible for that. It isn't like there is any other way to search for manga by sheer volume of content.
There is no meaningful indicator for quality though. A lot of the highest rated manga on the site are terrible, or just grossly unpleasant to read.

Fed-Kun's army
@The5thSeraph I just found it really interesting that there's 1.5 million views and 50k follows for such a low quality manga that's only 23 chapters in. I can't think of any other way this could have happened except if it got caught in the algorithm and inexplicably ended up in the Top Chapters list on a consistent basis.

Dex-chan lover
@simplechild
Or people just have shit taste and don't realise it is complete trash. I mean look at the comments here. There are people actually praising this shite.
That sort of thing happens a lot. I read something and am disgusted by how bad it is, but someone right below me will have been gushing about how great they believe it. Or I find myself laughing at a series and praising its ingenuity in spite of a slew of other readers bitching about non-issues and dropping it.
What you're suggesting might be a factor though. I can't be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread