Mushoku no Eiyuu: Betsu ni Skill Nanka Iranakattan daga

The basis of this story is super generic but for some reason it is really amusing/compelling. Like when a show is so serious they do not realize they are a parody of itself, that it intentionally revels in not seeing the absurdity of itself. Kinda like Soap Operas. Or Wrestling.

I think I know what happened to the eldest sister.
She founded communism and created a country like the Soviet Union.

Dex-chan lover
if this manga follow the novel, then it will be boring as hell. similar with CN repetitive arrogant young master, it will be the same as the next arc.

Supporter
I kind of want him to finally get a Class, only because he already such a great fighter/mage/whatever that a combat Class is useless for him, he is granted the Secretary Class, which lets you auto-fill paperwork, remember everyone's names, faces, addresses, etc, and other useful life skills...

Dex-chan lover
I'm just coasting through this shit. When is this thing going to actually be about talent vs. hard work? The turd has a really flimsy setup for his hardwork it's fucking bores me.

its a bit weird, at the begining he was talking about hardwork can compensate talent,but at the end, he is just even more talented than everyone,so dunno where this is going

Double-page supporter
@dragonos yeah. they kinda skipped all the stupid-ass grinding he did with his dad as the scenes focused and childhood friend being groomed into a wife by the mom.

Double-page supporter
My only grief with this series is the red haired girl getting groomed for wife thing find it annoying and feel like it takes up valuable pages

I feel like this has an interesting premise that is kinda wasted. Like, how is this protagonist any different from all the other crazy op isekai/fantasy protagonists out there?

Fair warning, heavy spoilers ahead for pretty much everything up to and including chapter 15
I was hoping for a hero who actually has to try hard to over come their challenges. Sure, this guy has to train super hard, but that part is pretty much skipped over, and all we see is the end result. We don't get to see the steps he takes to get op, the incrementally harder battles he has to face, the challenges that actually challenge him.

Instead he goes from facing a few goblins to taking down the most powerful swordsman in the world (except his mother, though he beats her as well). And where does he go from here? And while he is "starting over" with magic, he's already stupid powerful there as well. Plus if all else fails he's still got his sword skills. I just don't connect with his struggles at all.

If I were to suggest an improvement, it would be to expand on his rivalry with the one girl. Contrast her skills with his hard work and natural talent. And then of course let it take longer for him to get op.

That's not to say you can't like it. Maybe all you need at the moment is a hero with overwhelming power. That's fine, and if that's what you're looking for, then go for it. But it's just not my style.

Double-page supporter
mother is sword deity, how about the father? what's his job?

Dex-chan lover
@xathrya IIRC it was something like Magic Emperor

Edit:
Correction
S8.png

Double-page supporter
@ABCsOfLife I see, thanks. So we don't know whether the father had evolved to higher job like the mother or not.

Users who are viewing this thread