Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 20 Ch. 94 - Norn Greyrat

Dex-chan lover
Why/when did he punch his father again? Hardtime remembering thing
Paul went hard on Rudeus because he thought he was playing around in his journey of coming back home, instead of saving the family. Paul has developed a high opinion of his son, like he's capable of solving anything, and perhaps because of this, he consider him less of a young son, but a grown up man. Paul sent a letter to Rudeus, explaining the situation but I don't think Rudy was able to read the letter (if the letter ever reach him, I don't remember).

Rudeus got some PTSD from his past life, his family disappointed in him in the way Paul looked at him while he was reproaching him, so Rudeus got emotional and lashed back.

Dex-chan lover
There might be more but from what I recall, Paul accused Rudeus of just having a fun with time with Eris while Paul slaved away looking for the family. Paul didn't even try to understand the hell that Rudeus went through trying to keep Eris safe. Rudeus snapped and beat the tar out of Paul for being the piece of garbage that he is.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf is this Korean afternoon telenovela misunderstandings shit?
there's a difference between a misunderstanding and straight up trauma. If the first time you met someone they were beating the shit out of your father in a rage and then suddenly seem nice the next time you saw them you'd probably be pretty out of it too.

Dex-chan lover
How did you get that?
A lot of people are skimming through the chapter and it shows

It's probably not skimming but a difference in tolerance for immaturity in children. She was being pretty narrow-minded and stubborn, but she's also a literal child who witnessed domestic violence at a young age to boot, so anyone with patience will cut her some slack while everyone else will see her as an annoying brat. I'm kind of in the middle tbh, it's not that I don't sympathize it's just that I think this plotline dragged on a little too long, plus kids are often more capable of reason than we give them credit for so the way norn is written feels a little forced.

Dex-chan lover
That was pretty much what I expected alright, though I underestimated the impact of when Rudeus and their father fought. Grandma was something new, but that was just awful.

Dex-chan lover
It's rather interesting see Rudy's position in dealing with this switched around entirely. Norn isn't all that different from how he was before he died and he knows exactly what that kind of mentality/mindset feels like.

Really good chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like Norn did read nearby every situation in regard of Rudy wrong....
Also seems like Rudy completely ignored Norn while in Millishion... Should have been socializing with her after he made up with Paul.
in the LN they did show that they tryed to do so Paul and Rudy had a fancy dinner (which was also attended by Norn) the night before he left. problem is there she ignored everything they wanted to talk with her about anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Paul went hard on Rudeus because he thought he was playing around in his journey of coming back home, instead of saving the family. Paul has developed a high opinion of his son, like he's capable of solving anything, and perhaps because of this, he consider him less of a young son, but a grown up man. Paul sent a letter to Rudeus, explaining the situation but I don't think Rudy was able to read the letter (if the letter ever reach him, I don't remember).

Rudeus got some PTSD from his past life, his family disappointed in him in the way Paul looked at him while he was reproaching him, so Rudeus got emotional and lashed back.
Thanks

Dex-chan lover
back when they first met up after the teleport incident (i think in the anime it's like ep 16 or something like that) when they first reunited Rudeus was describing his journey as a happy one Paul got angry that he didn't seem to care about others who might have also been teleported and just "goofing of" during the journey through the demon continent then as a responce Rudy misread that Paul was cheating on Zenith once again and slept around that's when Paul hit him and questioned why he didn't look for others and said he could have done waaay more (nt knowing his situation) that's when rudy retaliated and started beating on Paul

Dex-chan lover
the messege wasn't a direct messege (remember he didn't know where he was) but it was posted in all the Guild halls in both the milis continent and the central one. that combined with the fact that Paul Asumed he stayed at the inn(provided by the guild) in the port city (which didn't happen cuz he was captured) made it logical to Paul that Rudy just ignored the letter that was posted in the guild hall. remember Rudy is able to read 4 or 5 different languages even at that point in time and is practically spoken in 3 of those(human, beast, demon with the 4th one i can remember being the language of the sea ppl but they haven't come up so what would be the point in mentioning them).

Users who are viewing this thread