• Other.

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@EOTFOFYL
Seeing you comment without making a haiku feels weird, but personally i think we should skip the losers bracket, i think it's too much effort.

Group Leader
@justforthelulz If there's a tie, I will ask @Tamerlane or @EOTFOFYL to cast the deciding vote. If they decline, I'll flip a coin.
13.gif

@PantsMan Well, you can see which one it's gonna be up against in the next round.

Here is @hazzack 's votes

6DuAJK8.jpg

Mabinogi Theme VS Behind The Door

Oh, man. This was a tough one. Both tracks were pretty even! Ultimately, I felt that Mabinogi was just a bit slightly better, so I chose it. If Behind the Door stayed consistent, I think the latter half was less upbeat, it might have gotten my vote.

Ace Combat Zero VS Roar of The Jungle Dragon
Another hard one to choose. I think what ruined Jungle Dragon was the vocal. Sounds rude, but the song could really use a better singer. If it was just the instrument alone, I think I would have voted for it over Zero.

Dialgas Fight VS Soul of Cinder
This is another tough one to decide. Dialgas Fight has my vote because the whole track was pretty catchy, and I kinda like the innocent vibe it has. Soul of Cinder was pretty good for its first half, but the latter half I just didn't feel as interested.

The Streets of Whiterun VS Bushido Blade 2 Intro Theme
This is similar to the SOCOM vs Fyrestone match up. Streets of Whiterun is not really a bad track, but it didn't have anything to make me wanna keep listening again. Bushido Blade Intro (I probably should have used the correct name "Moment of Soaring Reprise" instead...) is a combination of classic and modern Japanese instruments, which makes it unique and keeps my attention throughout the whole track. It reminds me of Naruto music, somewhat. The whole track has an exciting and mysterious feel to it. I will not get bored listening to this over and over again.

We have 2 more hours before the deadline.

Dex-chan lover
Oh noes. Wait for me.

Mabinogi Theme
Roar of The Jungle Dragon
Dialgas Fight
The Streets of Whiterun

Aww.. Too late. Well, it doesn't affect the end result anyways. Hidden as it's not counted in the final counting.

Group Leader
Time to count the votes! (Damn, I fell as sleep!)
13.gif

Mabinogi Theme (8 votes) VS Behind The Door (0 votes)
Ace Combat Zero (6 votes) VS Roar of The Jungle Dragon (2 votes)
Dialgas Fight (3 votes) VS Soul of Cinder (5 votes)
The Streets of Whiterun (2 votes) VS Bushido Blade 2 Intro Theme (6 votes)

We have the worst lopsided defeat of the tournament so far...
Now, onto the next ones!

Tales of Berseria - Burn VS BlazBlue: Catus Carnival - Taokaka's Theme
Final Fantasy X - Spira Unplugged VS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Exploration
Hollow Knight - Radiance VS Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - Vs Cynthia
Mass Effect - Noveria VS NIER - Emil's Sacrifice

Enjoy the music! Don't forget to vote!

@MawMaw Well, there's always next time. And you think any of your tracks can make it to the top 16?
Upanhso.tk-32.gif

Tales of Berseria - Burn
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Exploration
Hollow Knight - Radiance
NIER - Emil's Sacrifice

Dex-chan lover
Behind The Door (0 votes)

That's hilarious.
Poor lil final fantasy,
not even one vote.

EOTFOFYL to cast the deciding vote. If they decline, I'll flip a coin

Fine then, I'll do it.
Now back to my deep slumber,
the world fading off.

Taokaka's theme
Exploration
Radiance
Emil's Sacrifice

damn, these song, from having a spirit to having a depression, PARKOUR. I vote for these please.

Also last match, no one pick FF theme. Feels bad man even though FF 8 are the best from all the series.

FF 9 is the best

Dex-chan lover
Catus Carnival, although I was more of a BA BA BA BANG! BURNING TAMASHII! main myself. Taokaka's all right though.
Exploration
vs Cynthia. As much as I like the Hollow Knight OST, Radiance isn't really a good-enough pick against Cynthia.
Noveria

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Gonna go with
Tales of Berseria - Burn
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Exploration
VS Cynthia
NIER - Emil's Sacrifice

As a side note, i was thinking what would have happened if The only thing they fear is you and BFG Division were both on this tournament and in opposite sides of the bracket, it would have been interesting to see if they faced off or not.

Contributor
Round 3 votes in bold:

Dex-chan lover
Tales of Berseria - Burn
Final Fantasy X - Spira Unplugged
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - Vs Cynthia
NIER - Emil's Sacrifice

Group Leader
@phoenix_eD You finally voted early! XD
@Richman Since this is not a Doom forum, but a manga forum, it's very unlikely both will make it to the final. It's not like we don't have worthy competition from other games, either. ;)

My votes:
Catus is a very cheering and entertaining song. It's just unfortunate to be up against a Tales song. Tales games always have excellent opening songs, and likewise, Burn delivers. It's from Flow, too, so it can't be not good.

While I'm not very impressed by Exploration, I still find it much more entertaining to listen to than Spira. Spira isn't a bad track or anything, either. It's just that FFX has many more excellent tracks that could have provided a better match against Exploration.

Oh, man. This is another tough one to pick. One is an intense horror-ish boss-battle-like track, while the other one is a catchy boss-battle-like song with a more playful feel. Ultimately, I decided to go with Radiance. It's just a little tiny bit slightly better, I feel, but both are pretty damn close. Gah! I hope I won't regret this. XD

I'm not a big fan of the latter, but clearly it's the better track than Noveria. Noveria seems like it might sound better in-game, but on its own, it's nothing memorable. Emil's Sacrifice, even without context, you can tell what it's supposed to be for what kind of scene.

Unfortunately @hazzack won't be back for a while...
yYkLMJc.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Yeah. Learned mi lesson. Especially that I need to spend significant time to hear them out, as I've never played any single one of them, besides a little bit of StarCraft maybe. But I don't even know what Terran theme is it..

Sad life

Group Leader
Let's count the votes!
061.gif

Tales of Berseria - Burn (7 votes) VS BlazBlue: Catus Carnival - Taokaka's Theme (3 votes)
Final Fantasy X - Spira Unplugged (2 votes) VS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Exploration (8 votes)
Hollow Knight - Radiance (5 votes) VS Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - Vs Cynthia (5 votes)
Mass Effect - Noveria (2 votes) VS NIER - Emil's Sacrifice (8 votes)

Well, look at that. 2 more lopsided defeats and our first tie! @EOTFOFYL Please do the honor for us.
51.gif

While we wait for the decisive vote, let's move on to the next match-ups!

Sunset Overdrive - I Don't Want Your Company VS League of Legends - Get Jinxed
Wario: Master of Disguise - Head Honcho Carpaccio VS King of Fighters XIII - Stormy Saxophone 5
Deltarune - Hip Shop VS Chrono Trigger - Peaceful Days
O2Jam - Weakness Heart VS Rockman X7 Opening - Code Crush

Four vocal songs this time! Gonna be interesting!

Dex-chan lover
Hollow Knight - Radiance (5 votes) VS Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - Vs Cynthia (5 votes)

A tough decision,
neither one is likable,
but there must be one....

Hollow Knight - Radiance!

Users who are viewing this thread