Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

• Anime-Only Ending Music

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Emotional Music (Anime, Games, Movies)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Video Game Town/City/Village/Civilization Music

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Relaxing Music

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Video Game-Only Intro/Opening Music

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Non-English/Japanese/Korean/Chinese Music

• Vocal Insert Songs In Anime/Games/Movies

• Other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
@phoenix_eD
Hmm.. Today's tallying was late. Gonna +1 day for this round?

You guys can still listen to the songs of the next group before I announce the results of the previous round. And I always see most people voting before the deadline, so I think there's no need for extra time.

Contributor
Rightfully - Goblin Slayer
Dreamy Date - Owarimonogatari
Northern Lights - Shaman King
Let Me Hear - Parasyte

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Let Me Hear - Parasyte

Dex-chan lover
Rightfully - Goblin Slayer VS Kishi Koushinkyoku - Sidonia No Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
If Rightfully is gonna win the tournament anyway, there's no point in voting for the others. Right guys?

Edit: On second thought, some of the other songs are good.

Dreamy Date - Owarimonogatari VS Destin Histoire - GOSICK
I thought Owarimonogatari would be an automatic win for me, but GOSICK was sick.

Northern Lights - Shaman King VS Reimei - Golden Kamuy
Golden Kamuy wins for two reasons:
1. Northern Lights suks lol
2. Tao Ren's hair

Binary Star - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These VS Let Me Hear - Parasyte
Hiroyuki Sawabro

Dex-chan lover
Destin Histoire - GOSICK
Reimei - Golden Kamuy
Let Me Hear - Parasyte

Binary Star - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These

Kishi Koushinkyoku - Sidonia No Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki

Reimei - Golden Kamuy
I didn't remember this song being so good until recently when I was re-watching the second season with a friend (who is now addicted to the series thanks to me) as a warmup for the third season

Binary Star - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan
Hiroyuki fans;
You're my binary star dude.
Platinum happy.
tumblr_oyk5sijnMm1ssg673o3_r1_500.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Rightfully - Goblin Slayer VS Kishi Koushinkyoku - Sidonia No Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki
Binary Star - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These VS Let Me Hear - Parasyte

Group Leader

The first time I listened to Rightfully, I didn't realize it was English at first, lol. But after listening to it a few more times, I found it to be a decent song. It has a mix of mysterious and slight melancholic vibe, and the vocal is pleasant to the ears. Kishi is more upbeat-ish, which fits the name, but it's doesn't impress me much. Not a bad song for sure, but Rightfully is more like something I'd like to listen to again more.

Dreamy Date is an okay song, with its peaceful and relaxing vibe, accompanied by pleasant vocal. In contrast, Destin is faster-paced and more exciting to listen to. I also prefer the vocal and lyrics of Destin over Dreamy. My vote goes to Destin, because it suits my preference better.

Damn! This was a tough match! Both songs are exciting from start to finish, and it was a blast to listen to both of them. Ultimately, I think I prefer the "clearer" vocal from Northern Lights over Reimei, so I'll give it my vote. But I don't mind seeing either one advances, and they are both on my listen-to list.

Hm. Another difficult one, somewhat. One is a very calm and relaxing song, with sort of melancholic feel from start to end. The other one is much more intense and exciting. Uhm... Both are going to be on my list, but Binary Star will get my vote. Honestly, as much as I think Let Me Hear was a decent song, there were parts that kinda ruined the song for me. I don't think the chosen vocals were exactly the best suited for this song. The screaming, or rather, screeching in some parts wasn't done very well for me, and I'm a big fan of metal music. The song started out very well, then the questionable vocal parts kicked in, then at 1:30 is when probably the worst part of the song started, then again at 2:15. Overall, it was still a decent song that I'd like to listen again once in a while. But Binary Star is a more consistent and pleasant song to my ears, so it wins this time.

I'll announce the results shortly. >w< Whoever hasn't voted, vote quickly.

Group Leader
@MawMaw
The result might be posted a bit late, but please don't wait until the last minute to vote.
Try to post not too late. I will usually post the result around 10 PM GMT-8, CA time, so it's advisable that you cast your votes before then.

I think the usual people already voted, except for you, Teddy, and hazzack. So I'll hold off on announcing the results for another hour. But I've announced results late before, and we still followed the usual deadline.

Everyone else, feel free to check the matches on group A and B.

Dex-chan lover
oh wait, i forgot this exist

Destin Histoire - GOSICK
Reimei - Golden Kamuy
Let Me Hear - Parasyte

Dex-chan lover

Group Leader
Results now!
Upanhso.tk-55.gif

Rightfully: pandascepter, justforthelulz, Richman, bigtiddyoneesan, comeonnow0, NauseatingKittenz188, sterven, Mr_Detective, hazzack (9)
Kishi: phoenix_eD, kenx, LunaKara, MawMaw (4)

Dreamy: kenx, justforthelulz, Richman, NauseatingKittenz188, LunaKara (5)
Destin: phoenix_eD, pandascepter, bigtiddyoneesan, comeonnow0, sterven, Mr_Detective, hazzack, MawMaw (8)

Northern: phoenix_eD, kenx, justforthelulz, Richman, NauseatingKittenz188, Mr_Detective (6)
Reimei: bigtiddyoneesan, comeonnow0, LunaKara, sterven, hazzack, MawMaw (6)

Binary: phoenix_eD, kenx, bigtiddyoneesan, NauseatingKittenz188, LunaKara, Mr_Detective (6)
Let: pandascepter, justforthelulz, Richman, comeonnow0, sterven, hazzack, MawMaw (7)

We have another tie, and a close match this time! @EOTFOFYL Please do the honor!
And that's the end of the first round of the group stage! Any songs you feel bad that they didn't make it!?

And now, on to the next ones!

Group A:

Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!! VS Believe - Gundam SEED
God Only Knows - The World God Only Knows VS Invoke - Gundam SEED

Group B:

JOINT - Shakugan No Shana II VS Dead END - Mirai Nikki
The LiBERTY - Handa-kun VS Flyers - Death Parade

Here's a word from one of our sponsors:

Have some of these while you listen to the music:

foody-upload-api-foody-mobile-1-190716172440.jpg

thumb-sup-cua-15852836979022107918367.jpg

Winter-Melon-Tea.png