Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

Music Tournament 3: Anime Opening Songs!

• Anime-Only Ending Music

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Emotional Music (Anime, Games, Movies)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Video Game Town/City/Village/Civilization Music

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Relaxing Music

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Video Game-Only Intro/Opening Music

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Non-English/Japanese/Korean/Chinese Music

• Vocal Insert Songs In Anime/Games/Movies

• Other

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Straight out flexing by making the website
200.gif

however can you change the video on Rightfully to the one I posted? I don't know about yall but seeing some dude twitch around kinda ruins the song for me anyways here are my votes.

Dogfight - Initial D VS Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!
Believe - Gundam SEED VS My Pace Daiou - Genshiken
Will - The Melody of Oblivion VS God Only Knows - The World God Only Knows
Invoke - Gundam SEED VS Shin Ai - Winter Album

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the effort put into the website is appreciated by wagahai as well.

vertsbowld

Good song.

I played both of these songs to my neighbor's cat. It died.

You're tearing me apart, Lisa.

👁️👄👁️

@Mr_Detective
If you don't end up remaking the bracket order from scratch, could you at least move the song order so users don't have any submissions in the same quadrant? Two of my submissions (Hikaru Nara and Grand Blue) are in Quadrant 1, Group B.

Dex-chan lover
yee I dont think the matchups need to be re-rng if rearrange the positions is enough

Contributor
Oh, nice, it started again.

Also, very nice website, Mr_Detective 👍
I see that two of my submissions are in group G and none in C or D. But regardless, I'll win.

Dex-chan lover
Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!
Believe - Gundam seed
GoK - TWGOK
Shin Ai - Winter Album

Edit : fix wrong placement

Group Leader
I'll say this right now: there will be no rearranging of any sorts. The matches will stay as they are. I'll explain further after I get back and have breakfast, but that's that. All this confusion is because not many people are familiar with no one understands the World Cup format.

@bigtiddyoneesan I'm responsible for the tournament, so I know the format and bracket better than anyone else. I want people to have a little surprise with the matches, I didn't want to reveal everything.

On top of that, Initial D is getting blasted right on the first match? You guys... this is... very

Dogfight - Initial D
My Pace Daiou - Genshiken
this heavily reminds me of songs from a band that played comedy rock (that unfortunately all members died in a plane crash)
God Only Knows - The World God Only Knows
Invoke - Gundam SEED

Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!
i only vote for this since i only watched this anime of all others

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
All this confusion is because not many people are familiar with no one understands the World Cup format.
You should probably go with "not familiar". The confusion is mainly due to a lack of explanation. The only mention of a "World Cup-like format" I saw was this:
Now, some of you might be confused by the new World Cup-like format. But rest assured, we will proceed just like our previous tournaments.
Judging by the visuals on the website (the elimination-style bracket specifically), it doesn't look like any sort of round-robin schedule is incorporated in the tournament. I'm guessing this means that this isn't a round-robin tournament, and that you'll do something like this
bracket_board.jpg
when the winners of each group have been decided.

Regardless, even with this format, the placement of songs in the final bracket (which hasn't been shown yet) could lead to some users being more likely to face off against their own submissions than others. It's not a major issue though, as the chances of that happening are small.

Explanation of how this will affect the tournament (for any users that want it):
From my understanding, this format (presumably, as Mr. Detective hasn't specified the exact rules/format yet) gives the runner-up of each group a second chance. After the group elimination brackets are finished, the winner and runner up of each elimination bracket will be moved into a 'final' elimination bracket, which will decide the actual winner. If a user has two of their submissions face off, it will (most likely) only occur in the final match of that group, meaning both the winner and runner-up will be placed in the final bracket.

tl;dr is the pic in the spoiler tag lel

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!
My Pace Daiou - Genshiken
Will - The Melody of Oblivion
Invoke - Gundam SEED

Group Leader
Additionally, the submission Goblin Slayer OP - Rightfully / Mili was linked to the wrong video. @sterven submitted it with the one I linked just now, while the video linked in the actual tournament (in Group H) is this one. I haven't checked yet for other submissions with different linked videos, but regardless, each submission should have the video that its respective user actually submitted.

I already asked about this. I asked people if they wanted to use official music video or stick with the fan-made ones. Besides Teddy, nobody answered. I wanted to use the official videos to pay respects for the actual creator, otherwise our views will go to other non-official videos. But if anyone still want to use the fan-made videos, it's no big deal. Just say so. Well, no one seemed to care so I got to play dictator. Yes, there was a few more songs that I used the official MVs instead.

A and B are both in one quadrant

I never said they were.

I'm guessing this means that this isn't a round-robin tournament
Although maybe X-top and X-bottom will be rearranged in the Top 16 bracket, I guess?

World Cup-ish. I wanted to keep people guessing and speculating, but left a little hint. Notice how there is no bracket line connecting the top two songs of a group together? This indicates that the two winning songs will not be facing each other at all. Your submissions will not be facing each other until they get to the top 4, if they get that far. The winners of each group will face each other, but I am not revealing that until the next round. I have the brackets that show the order of which will be facing which, I just don't post that up here. That'll make the tournament more intense and interesting, at least that's what I was hoping. You should have had a little more faith in me after I already hosted 2 tournaments.
Upanhso.tk-43.gif

however can you change the video on Rightfully to the one I posted? I don't know about yall but seeing some dude twitch around kinda ruins the song for me anyways here are my votes.

Should have said that earlier, lol. Oh, I see. You have a problem with seeing an oppressed black man transforming into an African warlord from eating too much spam and gained the ability to twitch? Tsk tsk. j/k

@pandascepter @sterven @kenx It took almost one whole page of complaints for someone to say thanks. Heheh. Your heart is as big as the size of boobs of those girls in your avatar.
007.gif
This is certainly not what I was expecting. Everyone else abandoned me and jumped onto oneesan's tiddy team. I hope they all their entries lose in the first round.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my excitement is forever ruined.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
A and B are both in one quadrant
I never said they were.
That was just what people (myself included) assumed at that time. Like you said, we weren't familiar with the World Cup format.
That'll make the tournament more intense and interesting, at least that's what I was hoping.
I see what you're getting at and appreciate the effort, but I'm sure you can see how leaving unspecified aspects of the format would lead to confusion.
You should have had a little more faith in me after I already hosted 2 tournaments.
I don't see any comments implying a lack of faith here. It's just people concerned with the format.
It took almost one whole page of complaints for someone to say thanks. Heheh. Your heart is as big as the size of boobs of those girls in your avatar. This is certainly not what I was expecting. Everyone else abandoned me and jumped onto oneesan's tiddy team. I hope they all their entries lose in the first round.
Many users (myself included) have already praised your efforts and complimented the site. There are no 'teams' here. This gives off the impression that you're interpreting people's concerns as disapproval, which simply isn't the case. I can empathize with putting time and effort into something only to not receive the response you felt you deserved. But I'm sure you can understand that this, in addition to past passive-agressive comments (most of which I chose not to point out), as well as the poll that you yourself made in the submissions thread, makes it seem like you have a victim complex here. I'm not trying to be rude, but I really don't know how else to put it. I just want these tournaments to go well.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Perfect thanks for switching them.

Your heart is as big as the size of boobs of those girls in your avatar
tenor.gif

Everyone else abandoned me and jumped onto oneesan's tiddy team
I tend to stick by whatever im used to so yeah I wont be jumping ships even when I consider him a friend.

I hope they all their entries lose in the first round.
giphy.gif

Group Leader
There are no 'teams' here. This gives off the impression that you're interpreting people's concerns as disapproval, which simply isn't the case. I can empathize with putting time and effort into something only to not receive the response you felt you deserved. But I'm sure you can understand that this, in addition to past passive-agressive comments (most of which I chose not to point out), as well as the poll that you yourself made in the submissions thread, makes it seem like you have a victim complex here. I'm not trying to be rude, but I really don't know how else to put it. I just want these tournaments to go well.

No, I wasn't exactly serious with that comment, either, if that wasn't clear. =.=

And I don't think I had made any passive-aggressive comments. If you felt that I had, they surely weren't made with ill-intentions and not to be taken too seriously. Perhaps there was some sort of miscommunication. Which comments were they? That poll I made was also just a little joke, and part of the effort to surprise everyone with the website. It was supposed to feel that there was some sort of competition/rivalry between us, but there wasn't any maliciousness behind it. >_<

Dex-chan lover
Group A(-1?)
Dogfight - Initial D
VS Uragiri No Yuuyake - DuRaRaRa!!

Dex-chan lover
It was supposed to feel that there was some sort of competition/rivalry between us, but there wasn't any maliciousness behind it. >_<
i.e you ruined it by taking it to seriously honestly yall should have just dm one another to have kept this "rivalry" going would have been pretty cool.

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
Yeah, I know that text can be interpreted differently. And that's what I wrote it off as at first, but the repeated quips gave off the impression that you had some sort of vendetta. I've got time rn, so I may as well pick some comments that you said were just jokes.

@comeonnow0
Always have been 🔫

Users who are viewing this thread