Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - Foisting

Dex-chan lover
This daughter is seriously thoughtless. But then again she is a child.

The issue is, the father feels like he has no place to restrain her, so she's going to whatever she wants. And that can only end badly.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kuroageha How could the new worker have know? Imo she was just trying to know more about MC, he intentions were pure.
The reason she's a good/ normal person is that she did not share what had happened with anyone else.
I'm sure we'll see more of her later on.

Dex-chan lover
The daughter is just trash. After re-reading some chapters it's clear she's fully egoist. It's purely about her. She has no regard for her father, or her friend, or her grandparents. Just having a fit because the world isn't as it should be.

There's a level to which this can be accepted based on her age, but for fucks sake, your father is also hurting, it's not just you that's fucked due to your mother dying.

Dex-chan lover
@So-chan

Im still gonna give her huge leeway cause.
1.- shes a teenager.
2.- she lost her mom in less than a year ago.
3.- her dad broke her trust.

Dex-chan lover
@boag yes, and I never said the father is not to blame to a large extent. He's a wet noodle when it comes to choosing what the wants to do, and he non-comittally stumbled into a romance with a teenager, which is pretty pathetic already. And children have no fucking clue what it takes to be a parent until they try to become ones themselves. And I get she's suffers. But out of all the broken people in this fucked up manga she seems to be the most thoughtless, and least concerned with other peoples feelings.

To be fair, her friend is near-psycho level too, but at least she tries to understand people, even if she is quite manipulative. I blame that on uneven writing. They seem to be the same age but they don't act like it at all.

Dex-chan lover
@So-chan
indeed, the story itself has gone to great lenghts to provide sufficient explanations to why everyone is a tad broken.
And although its been a bit on the edge, none of the characters have done something outright logic defying, due to their circumstances.

Double-page supporter
Man how would she react to finding his body hanging from the ceiling ha ha. It would probably be his fault too in that case for being a little bitch. Why, even if she directly murdered him (instead of indirectly like she is now) it would be his fault.

She's a child after all. People can never be in the wrong before the age of 18. Anyone annoyed by her brattiness and resistance to reconciliation is obviously just a pedo self inserter.

Dex-chan lover
@So-chan yeah, totally agree with you, I saw this from the beginning. She didn't think even for the second that she is not only one, who lost her mother. She is pure egoist who wants everybody around her do only what she want and need. She is the one, who abandoned her father, when he was in grief, bcs all this time he was trying to talk to her, who cares about her, but all she do - lock herself in her room not even thinking that he not only dying inside there alone, but also has broke heart bcs his own daughter abandoned him in time of need in their own house. She is just egoist, I really hate her character.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's egoism as much as egocentrism, which is a phenomenon common in adolescence. All teenagers go through this to some extent and its perfectly natural behavior to be somewhat self-centered or to find it difficult to some extent to process the feelings of others. Keep in mind that she's not fully developed cognitively as an adult would be so some the of ability to process these things and her ability to both cope in healthy ways and to be understanding of the distress of others. This could also explain why you say that her friends seem more able than her in this regard because this phenomenon varies from individual to individual in severity and it's not really an aspect people can control.

Could she have made some more efforts to reach out to her father and try to empathize with him? Undoubtedly, but this is why this family needs to see a family therapist, though I'd argue everyone in this manga does. As it stands, I can't say she's actively being malicious in her actions and is just young and not fully at a point of maturity that is able to be judged as we would judge someone who is an adult.
@so-chan @Jmann
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolescent_egocentrism

WTF Miya, your just asking whether you wanted to move back to your grandparents he didn't decide anything yet, and now you are running away?
Probably go to that yankee house isn't it.

Dex-chan lover
I know she's all emotional and broken and her father indeed fucked up, but still, fuck you Miya. Her jumping to conclusions is understandable, but also very very irritating. Even with what he did, I can't help but sympathize with him more, knowing how much he's going through and how he's still trying to do something even after all that weight on his shoulders.

And the parents are absolutely no help either. I shouldn't have been surprised. His mother's a given considering she has a Karen haircut, and his dad's one of the traditional "men don't cry" type of people. I doubt his in-laws are any better now.

Dex-chan lover
Introducing the parents... "eldest son". Author opening doors for both additional backstory and new characters.

I didn't really think this was a story that needed it, but I do think it is at least better served here than some other manga since it was rather bare-bones drama to begin with. I might prefer simple drama over depth + backstories, but as another positive, at least the author hasn't currently wasted much time on useless flashbacks to tell any backstory thus far so hopefully that trend will continue.

>inb4 flashbacks with the mother.

Fed-Kun's army
Holy hell, what a shitstorm. And by that I mean the comments here. It feels like people are either cursing Miya to hell or being as understanding as possible with her actions.

Oh, and about the chapter... go to hell, Miya. Bring back Kisaragi, since she’s still alone with her psycho mom.

I don’t think this story will have a happy ending. I can respect one, but that don’t mean I’ll be glad about it.

Users who are viewing this thread