Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Stealing the moon

Author wanted us to interpret the ending the way we wanted.

Considering Kisaragi has the moon kanji, and she "gave the moon" to our Kou, i think the ending is quite hopeful and happy. Yeah, his social life might be really fucked, but Koto gave him a glimpse of hope.

Quite a good read,and considering the circumstances, it couldn't have ended in a better way.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, that's like showing up at the end of an epic journey, and just pissing all over everyone. This is the end of LotR, the journey has come to an end, and Frodo rolls into the party drunk and just lets loose all over the guests. I mean, I'm sure SOMEBODY appreciates it, but I'm not R Kelly. So uh, thanks... I guess.

In other news,
@princess_daphie Looking forward to your release! Merry Christmas!

Main plot development I wish we got more insight into is Koto's psyche. There were various points to me where it looked like she was actually mentally messed up by the years of controlling abuse. Her poker faces when faced with consequences and her empty smiles were kinda weird. I feel like if she'd actually undergone a healing process, it should have been focused on more. Instead it seems like she stood up to her mom once and everything's ok? I realize in manga, professional therapy is apparently not a thing, but would have been nice to at least see some help from a purely platonic adult figure.

Idk, I feel like this manga could have looked at more serious subject matter (including better documenting Kousuke's daughter's issues too), but I guess in the end, everything's ok? I didn't expect something depressing like Kousuke in jail, his daughter given to the state, and Koto sent live with her relatives in the boondocks but...it almost feels like nothing mattered. Hmm....just feels like a sudden end.

There needed to be some resolution with the daughter.

Still, it's an ending that fits the story. Leaves you feeling like Kosuke.

Ending doesn't always have to be dramatic and resolved, life rarely is.

Time goes on, take it as it comes, and move forward.

I don't know but this ending pisses me off. It feels like the MC sacrifices everything for her.

Is this the point of the story the MC's sacrifice?

The endings is basically nobody want to talk to the MC because everyone thinks he's a pervert, and his daughter hates him (Which is back to square 1), but the FMC is now happy (Which is nice?).

I mean...okay. I guess an ambivalent ending is okay. I feel like there should’ve been more of a conclusion with Miya, bc right now he’s back to square one. Who’s to say Koto doesn’t go off the grid for another 5 months and Kousuke just dicks around some more?

Anyways. Daphie, I’m looking forward to your next series.

Double-page supporter
@SyphymE does he actually sacrifice everything though? MAYBE his daughter's relationship. But we know that that was basically nonexistent anyways. He kept his job, though lost the social aspect of it (which we know wasn't doing anything for him anyways). Kept his life as a father. Seems the only thing that changed between the start and the end of the series is that Koto has a better relationship with her mom. In short, we spent 62 chapters finding out that this man's life sucks and nothing will ever change for him. What a let down.

Group Leader
@newniez Thank you! Warm wishes to you as well!

@KaiKinE
the original text is
……これで少し苦しくなくなりますか?

月を盗んで帰ること…ナイショですよ
my take on the translation is:
......Is this going to make it a little less painful?

Steal the moon and bring it home... It's our secret!

yes, Kisaragi has the moon kanji, but she still didn't really say I'm giving myself to you, but telling Kousuke she's giving him the moon already means she's giving him her love.

@Primecutter1 @zarian2 thanks! you have no idea how much i've been restless today. i just wanted to send it, but i also want to stick to my values.

@SyphymE well, love is a bit like that. there are no guarantees. and Kousuke can't help loving Koto, so he's trusting her. sure, she's young and could very well find someone else in the meantime, but that's how things are. the heaviness of the chapter and how reality's hitting Kousuke, even if he gets to see her again... i think the chapter has a lot of subtext. also, he does say in the final thoughts boxes that she is the faint ephemeral light that illuminates his path (my take on the translation), so it's clear she isn't a savior angel descending from the heavens. she's just someone he's holding very dear to him and she's his reason to breathe (ch. 61).

Fed-Kun's army
ofc some fking random comes to post the final chapter with exceptionally horrible font.
Anyone defending this can take a hike.

Users who are viewing this thread