Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Stealing the moon

Holy shit can Japanese writers actually make an ending that isn't either "return to status quo" or "never progress at all"?

Fed-Kun's army
I have thoughts to get out, but I’m feeling conflicted about this early release, so I’ll save them for Daphie’s upload.

Fed-Kun's army
@analbreach
depends on what you mean by status quo and progress. both characters are better off in their personal relationships than when they started, and both have a better grip on what is really important in their lives. sure, they could bravely defy societal norms and elope, but a bittersweet ending does more to punctuate the focus on finding one's self within the tangle of society's rules. it is definitely easier to avoid the pain of social norms if you run away, but is that really the best that we can do?

Dex-chan lover
I'll save this chapter for daphie, she's there since the halfway, and she'll be until the end (hopefully)

This manga having a "normal" ending is the fucking worse thing i ever expected from it
Is so fucking dumb how the whole "normal" dilemma they had trough out the history is trown away like nothing happened

Great, no trainwreck havoc ending, what a waste. 6/10 just because of the massive amounts of anxiety and tension this manag had.

Dex-chan lover
I just decided to marathon this manga now and I do have to admit the story is well structured and there are a lot of things I want to say, but I think I am going to w8 for the "better" release to help digest it.

Double-page supporter
I am all for open endings. It suited My Boy because the author knew how to write compelling characters. Not that we don't have compelling characters here, we have 2 people here who are broken by both the people around them and have no outlet to vent their frustrations but finding each other does that no matter how taboo their relationship is. I was hoping for a suitable resolution like the one in After The Rain and heck I would have taken an open ending modeled after My Boy but what we got was an open ending where both of the characters profuse their love for each other and head their own way. And the dad doesn't seem like he wants to mend his relationship with his daughter. Honestly what a letdown. I had high hopes for this series.

Users who are viewing this thread