My Friend's Little Sister Has It in for Me!

Dex-chan lover
alright. chapter 6 up to date. First of all. It's probably better to read the LN. The pacing is as expected of an adaptation, and I feel that giving it the LN Original treatment would make the characters more endearing.
Secondly. I can't really fault anyone here for finding the characters to be annoying. Whether it's the girls, or the MC, they have strong qualities that make them dislikeable. On the other hand, I also couldn't stop myself from reading it.
"Apparently" this series is as good as Oregairu in Japan? I can... kinda see it? The MCs persona of "efficiency > Emotion" isn't exactly standard as a protagonist. The problem is his train of thought doesn't exactly resonate with a ton of people here, if the rest of the comment section wasn't enough to understand. I'm fine with it, which is why I kept reading. Hikigaya was far more relatable as a character in comparison.
The Heroines. First is Iroha. I don't have problems with her. I can see why people have problems with her, but IMO, her teasing is on the level of "friendship->Sexual harrasment." Vibes as "bitchy" as a result of seduction attempts. Considering the MCs personality, "It's inefficient to act annoying to the one you like, as such, it's impossible for this girl to like me." Is this considered dense? I'd say it's more hard-headed to his ideology, which is probably a form of denseness.
Childhood friend. no comment. Surprisingly, her anger never felt annoying to me, despite it being pretty excessive. As the protagonist would say, "her actions are inefficient." Then again, when has a romcom heroine ever been efficient in their actions?
Teacher: So far. Majorly Comic Relief and is relegated to support. I kinda expect that to change since it seems like the story will chronicle the dev team as a whole and their internal/external conflicts.
Verdict: Read the LN. It's probably better. I haven't read it yet. But I'm in the "OG is better than adaptation" camp.

Aggregator gang
Well, at least the author had decency to warn readers about the harem of annoying females in chapter 1. We also get a good picture of MC's character from chapter 1.
muT38kH.png

Pretty much all characters are unlikeable... Kinda refreshing, tbh xD

Man Japanese and these wishy washy human relationships that never get anywhere cus every character has asperges...

Double-page supporter
What if we take out all the harem shit and just keep the annoying gyaru kohai? Cuz there's little to no substance to this story

Jesus. Every inch or 25.4mm of this story is forced. The dialog is unbearable and everything linking each other is too convenient and beyond lazy. The character background and story is just cringe.

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but keep hearing Iroha from Oregairu in this series.. They are 100% similar

I really wish I read the comments first before experiencing this fucking trainwreck of a manga. I got high hopes too because of that misleading title and the first chapter is really good too. I don't really have a problem with a harem but god the characters are crap. If the author just remove the harem and just leave the main heroine, it will make a pretty good manga.

what a shitfest comment section. Personally I found the manga to be enjoyable enough. Characters aren't likeable immediately which is as intended (they aren't supposed to be likeable, maybe the author will let them grow to make them more likeable), the first chapter outright states it. The convenient character backstory is really not that much different than other popular series that gets less hate. I feel like people just hating it because its not the typical romcom they thought it was from reading the title.
While I'm okay if its just the two main lead, I don't think it'll go anywhere, because the main male lead isn't your typical dense beta.
He chose to be a dense mofo -> because if someone likes me so what? do I need to like her back? All she does is annoy me, so I don't have a reason to like her back. with the same reasoning why would you annoy someone if you want them to like you back, thats why she must not really have any feelings to me, she's just being annoying.
This is the point of view that the mc laid out it's not really that difficult to understand, life isn't all about romance. This is the start of the characterization that resembles a bit like Hikigaya Hachiman, only Hachiman seems more developed and sophisticated about what his views are and seems somewhat like the opposite of a same coin. But this series only has few chapters translated so far so I cant say much. His reasoning is logical so far but still have the characterization that somehow paints him as a good guy he himself trying to suppress.
The main character at least have a back bone rather than wishy washy getting forced by a girl which is a breath of fresh air from something like a certain nisekoi and several others
And as ohgodpleaseno have mentioned this seems like a weird mashup between saekano and oregairu
Iroha~Iroha
Mashiro~Eriri
Sumire sensei~Hiratsuka sensei(Honestly this one isn't even close but I don't know what else to think about)

Honestly I don't find any character to be damnable than in any of these similar archetypes. But the chapters are low in number the story barely started so I wont say much but I enjoyed reading it so far. It should've been obvious where this manga is generally heading since chapter 1 if you're planning to drop it. Some of the shit comments are unnecessary.

Now for another upcoming storm. There's Nothing Wrong About Being A Dense Motherfucker When You Chose To Be So. You don't owe anyone to reciprocate their feelings when they're beating around the bush instead of actually confessing and wanting you to confess instead. Life isn't all about romance and shit, in this particular setting its slightly more than the average school situation, so anyone is allowed to be dense, as a students job is to study and pursue career since it sounds very logical. This is not some infinite stratos shit situation. Plus just because you weren't popular at school doesn't mean that you're average. On a second note just because they seem oblivious doesn't mean they are. This sometimes happens when readers only look on the surface.
I'm getting to worked up just to defend a series which is honestly not really that great so far, but it's at least above mediocre, yet some bad mediocre series I've read somehow is recommended by other people.

The LN is very good and well written, the plot is generic but the pacing and the structure of the novel is one of the best ones I've read in recent years. If you think the manga is crap then read the LN, it's got this triple-A LN feel into it and I have no doubts that it'll get an anime adaptation in a year or two.

Aggregator gang
Missed opportunity with that end card. The choices should have been "Rip" and "Tear," not "Kill" and "Kill."

Users who are viewing this thread