My Mom's a Superstar - Ch. 28 - University Arc (part 1)

Double-page supporter
Wow we got so much backstory! That was the sweetest thing anyone could’ve done. Who wouldn’t crush hard on Youji after that!

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the next chapter we meet the father figure that she is together with just to experience it for a role, but clearly Yuezi also likes Ren even if she hasn't realized. Also nice to see she is just as suave as her characters in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Not a colored chapter? Interesting. I think this might be the most coherent chapter I have read for this series.

Dex-chan lover
now that we got the heartwarming flirting I guess Part 2 is where we learn the angsty bits about why they never got together, why Ren Wei ended up Canada (also why CANADA lmao), and how Youji ended up with Youzi
Yeah... I kinda have a feeling that Youji's obliviousness for Ren's feelings might be on purpose. She's acting like nothing happened. And maybe nothing did tbf. Maybe Ren was never clear with her precisely because she was gonna leave the country.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the black and white chapter was because the chapter was longer than normal.
Either way I liked it.
Hope we can see more of it, can't wait for them to get together hnnmg

Dex-chan lover
It's really nice seeing this story have some more traditional story telling for a few chapters
not that I dislike how the story is normal told but I really love these characters so its nice seeing them in something other than vignettes

Double-page supporter
Now we have context of the significance of the music ticket that Youzi discovers! It was from this first big gesture by Youji to Ren to make her feel better and how all this time Youji sees Ren glowing the most when she sings/plays & believes in her 😭

The way I was going to reread this series this weekend but got dumped THIS loaded chapter?! Thank you translators, SO MUCH! 🧎🏻‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
The manager guy kind of looks like the Chap 8 guy that Lil Youzi remembers from her childhood, the one who seems to be arguing with Youji. He might be her dad(? his hair color doesn't match Youzi's tho.
Also, the bar manager looks like Youzi's friend's mom, Auntie Chen's sister.

Dex-chan lover
This is so cute. How is she so sweet?!

And also, is that guy the dad?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I finally understood about that one ticket that Youji keep it safely:meguuusad: I want one Youji too:notlikethis:
:meguuusad::hearts:Thank you so much for translating

Users who are viewing this thread