Nanjou-san wa Boku ni Dakaretai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Nanjou-san and me

Dex-chan lover
i like stories like these, mostly because it's better when the author isn't trying to hide some bullshit and puts it for everyone to see from the beginning

Group Leader
another manga with a virgin mc trying to fix a fmc with high body count + 100% will refuse to sleep with her until they get married or till the end of the story...
Such a noble thing lmao
Is there a name for this type of MC archetype and why it won't die. IRL they are sometimes called Captain Save-a-hoe. But the manga version is worse.

Dex-chan lover
things I'd like to see:
  • more than one friend
  • female friend(s) that are not love interests
  • an actual hobby that isn't playing videogames/manga/anime
  • either mc or main girl or both have had past relationships; doesn't have to be sex or anything
  • "friends to lovers" trope but they don't make it painfully obvious
    • could also do a reversal of the "mc is dense" idea and make the girl dense instead, but this would have to be VERY subtle
  • dates being actually normal and not formulaic; they always go to the same places every time. When was the last time you saw a date at a sports game? Or at a party with their friends?
    • I can see people saying, "but that's not very romantic" but does it have to be? If they truly enjoy each other's company they'll have fun anywhere
    • also, dates don't always have to be "out". It could just be them in a house, talking. Without some sort of plot device like "study group" or an illness. They could just be friends and do friend things
don'ts:
  • mc being dense
  • over-the-top of common character tropes; tsundere, kuudere, etc. Like the opposite of 100 Kanojo characters
  • Acting all awkward when they're in each other's houses. I could understand being uncomfortable (dates too) but it's always just so heavily enunciated in manga
Niiiiiiiiiiice, very much appreciated!
The donts were already ingrained in my brain but I like the do’s you wrote. Especially the subtle dense fmc/main girl. Thanks

Dex-chan lover
good thing i turned off my brain before i read this hopefully no NTR bait.

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh:Artists sure love to put marin kitagawa (anime ver) in places she shouldn't be.

Dex-chan lover
She’s… a literal slut… wow it’s usually “oh just baseless rumours from jealous rivals” but damn…

Dex-chan lover
One of the worst tropes that have been becoming more popular lately: the inexperienced nerdy guy who decides to make the great choice of dating a woman with a body count higher than Pol Pot's.
I wonder how many Americans under 50 will get that reference.

Group Leader
Yea... I'm a sucker to this kind of story and I will be following it... but that said, I do wish the girl character can have more agency in this, I hate it when the girls are pretty much moulded by the men around them, even her "salvation" has to come from the male MC instead of from within. It is also a bit of a leap for a such an outgoing and assertive girl to be shown that her background was a pushover practically being pushed down by her first boyfriend and then just basically spreading her legs to anyone that asked.

I hope the characters can get fleshed out more with more growth, and just have her backstory glossed over or forgotten altogether. If she started out just as a promiscous woman that is offended by a guy who refused her advances, I can buy into it more.

Dex-chan lover
As far as I can see most readers here aren’t blaming her or calling her a bad guy. We’re just sick of this trope in general, of a lonely girl that has slept with a lot of men and “needs rescuing”
But she is a bad guy. Not because she's slept with a lot of people or needs rescuing, but because she kept badgering MC about sex and following him into gendered toilets and changing rooms. That's sexual harassment.

Users who are viewing this thread