Nanjou-san wa Boku ni Dakaretai - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - My anniversary with Nanjou-san

Dex-chan lover
No it is the same problem with the "experienced you and inexperienced me". Story starts with a some crazy premise (having sex in the class room and offering the MC a turn right then and there) and then immediately devolves in to a generic romcom. For being the town bicycle, their history never seems to catch up with them in any noticable way either. Its just a side note. Its way worse in experience you though.
I see. That's profoundly retarded then. Having a bodycount approaching triple digits in your early teens would absolutely affect someone's life profoundly. We don't even know what the other girls think about her. It's never explored or even hinted at.
Story had potential but pussied out.

Dex-chan lover
Seems to be headed right down the middle. It's covering enough of the same territory as the former that you get some weird bleedthrough if reading them both simultaneously (e.g., forgetting that this FL is actually weak to love and this ML is struggling with issues preventing him from jumping in feet {or dick} first like the other guy does).

It also does hit like KimiZero in some significant ways but diverges dramatically here in that both leads are way more proactive, there's a secondary couple already in place providing examples both positive and negative to advance the main couple and, most importantly, there's no real antagonist character dragging development down.

(There's also quite a bit of overlap with It's Not Meguro-san's First Time, but the MCs here start out, surprisingly, at much healthier emotional locations. Relatively speaking, of course.)

I like that it's its own thing. It can be "fluffy", silly, dramatic and maybe, at times, a bit uncomfortable. My favorite titles are good at putting a unique touch on that recipe for real slice-of-life.
I agree it incorporates a lot of different elements, which I DO like, but some of it feels a little shoehorned at times, which tends to dissipate as that section advances, then another segment gets crammed in. I guess I would say it feels more Frankenstein than Beverly Hills. I enjoy it still.

Meguro... I can see it a bit, but the FMLs are radically different... I'm torn on saying which is " worse" as Nanjou clings to that sex as a tool of validation thing even now.

I get the fluff in instances, certainly, but overall I wouldn't qualify it as such. Honestly, it'd be refreshing if the author were to forego the absolute mountain of cliche drama available for this type of theme, and went a different direction. THAT would impress me.

Always a pleasure Bri!

Aggregator gang
I guess I'm retarded or autistic or something but I just can't understand Nanjou-sans character. She's ALL OVER the place and it's seemingly random. Like in this chapter she sexually propositions the MC without hesitation. Then when he kisses her she reacts by being flustered and seemingly doesn't understand why a boyfriend would want to kiss his girlfriend? And that's not even mentioning her behaviour in the first chapter...
I just cant get a fix on what her personality is supposed to be. Is she literally the madonna and the whore at the same time?
She's casually horny, but she used to pretend to be ranked competitive horny because that's what she thought guys liked.

As a casual horny who hangs out around ranked competitive horny, yeah, I understand her.

Dex-chan lover
1. You're seeing the difference between meaningless time-killing sex and the first time she's actually in love.

2. You're also seeing her responding to a boyfriend who's been struggling with basic touch lean in and plant one on her.
Agree. FMC is used to putting out because she didn't want her boyfriends to break up with her. She doesn't have a good context for healthy relationships which is why she's with MC.

She's also balancing the line of not changing just for MC so we see her GAL side while also her side that wants to have a normal relationship which requires some change.

This is compounded but the MC's touch phobia and her working to meet him on his path to healing. So we get multiple reactions from the FMC.

Fed-Kun's army
Holy Gigachad this man's character developement is greater than 90% of popular romance dipshit MCs

Users who are viewing this thread