Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The NEET Works Part-Time

Dex-chan lover
What's with their missing thumbs lmao. Both Neeko and her mom have missing thumb in their respective facepalming panels.

Double-page supporter
So it went exactly as I feared it would, with the mother being proven "right" and not even having to apologize for such profoundly obnoxious bullshit. This is the first time this series has truly disappointed me, but I can't say that I'm actually surprised. It is Japan, after all. In the end, "work harder" is always going to be the answer.

Dex-chan lover
Dad is the only based person there.
I get the mom's logic, but that was still a terrible thing to do and the worst thing is that she even acknowledges it but doesn't even apologize in even a half-assed way to her daughter.

Fed-Kun's army
The more I read the more I think she could work as a model; if she gets nervous at work her manager would have an easy time bribing her into acceptance...yeah she could be a model.

@tuatara1 .My thoughts exactly, well atleast the final panel regarding nightmares is realistic cause a great source of trauma or ptsd comes from reliving the stressful event and increasingly twisting it to be more stressful.

Dex-chan lover
No not "it turned out well in the end" more like you're lucky it turned out well this time. Don't trick your socially anxious daughter into work by promising her something else. You're lucky the job was just that. EVen if it had work out well, don't do that shit ever gain and tell her properly. I mean how stupid are you ? Just tell her "Work here and you will getthe Switch" i'm pretty fucking sure it will have work the same without Neeko having a mental breakdown about being trick. Carrot and stick are a beter method for Neeko than pushing her out of the plane and hope she know how to use a parachute.

Dex-chan lover
@tuatara1
So it went exactly as I feared it would, with the mother being proven "right" and not even having to apologize for such profoundly obnoxious bullshit. This is the first time this series has truly disappointed me, but I can't say that I'm actually surprised. It is Japan, after all. In the end, "work harder" is always going to be the answer.

pretty much this and this
No not "it turned out well in the end" more like you're lucky it turned out well this time. Don't trick your socially anxious daughter into work by promising her something else. You're lucky the job was just that. EVen if it had work out well, don't do that shit ever gain and tell her properly. I mean how stupid are you ? Just tell her "Work here and you will getthe Switch" i'm pretty fucking sure it will have work the same without Neeko having a mental breakdown about being trick. Carrot and stick are a beter method for Neeko than pushing her out of the plane and hope she know how to use a parachute.
@lilliwyt

Imagine if the sale lasted longer, or they didnt have enough people working there and she had to do that shit alone or even worse, work at the cash register.

Dex-chan lover
barely half a day of work =/= a whole day
Remember that foreshadowing about the heat? well, yeah... it didn't matter after all.
>She's working on the back without handling costumers

Why do I feel like I was freaking baited or that the author decided to not fuck her up at the last minute? so yeah as much as I'm disappointed about how things turned out at the end, I'm also relieved that she didn't get a heatstroke, I don't want her to suffer anymore.

Hey here's your switch!!
>wow... but what about my payment?

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I really laughed at this part lo/

Dex-chan lover
Too many complain, say the mother don't even apologies. Just No. She try to pull the "tough" love. spoil them right away pretty much throwing the project aways . Keep up you images in front of them is the right choice unless you want to end here.
Been there. Tbh, what you really need is a push. Power come from a need, not desire. Use pressure to fight pressure is the best answer. When actually go out of your zone, if not that hard as you think. The scary part is that there were never a first time.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the means were pretty much unacceptable. But I'm glad she managed to do the work

Dex-chan lover
I mean... they bought her a Switch as "apology", but it was still a shitty move that almost backfired.

Dex-chan lover
@Tcof
She try to pull the "tough" love.
Could have been an instance of tough love if the mother had actually been straight with Neeko, which would have given her an actual chance of mentally prepare for it all. But no, instead she decided to go behind her back and fool her into it and effectively dumping it all on her without any preparation. Good way of burning trust if that's what you want though.

Dex-chan lover
@ikhwan26
Might have, depending on how much she wanted the Switch. Well, the point still remains: You do NOT do the equivalent of making an obese person suddenly run a marathon with a drill sergeant chasing them without the necessary prep beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread