Netachara-Tensei Toka Anmarida! - Vol. 4 Ch. 18.1

Fed-Kun's army
One of the things I've noticed is that a lot of video games with costly downsides or harsh results for failure tend to cause players to create a pool of items, skills, or techniques solely as a rainy day fund. That is stuff that is so expensive or rare that you won't bring it out in serious fights out of fear of losing it or being unable to soak the repair cost.

That said, most players still usually theorycraft what they can do with this stockpile, and test it out in very controlled environments. Heck, some players might actually tap into these stockpiles decently often either believing they can recoup the losses or out of sheer spite (one of the recent dungeon runs I did in Mabinogi put our party collectively at around 1 million in the red once we subtracted expenses from the loot earned).

That's what I think is happening here. Nacht came up with this idea to use a bunch of magical items to chain-cast a bunch of intermediate magic spells all simultaneously in this specific way ages ago. She probably figured she'd use it as part of some really important fight, and thus spent a whole lot of time coming up with a really chunni presentation and series of names for the whole thing because obviously, that would be a big part of how it would inevitably be used.

Only that wasn't how these spells are being used. Maybe it's part of the activation requirements she set up previously, or maybe it's just habit. Either way, Nacht doesn't care about the presentation right now, the fancy names, or her traditional banter. It's just there this time because she really only cares about one thing right now: ending that dragon's life in the slowest and most painful way possible while making him blatantly aware the entire time. The words don't matter, so long as the dragon understands he's dead.

She also just said that what she was casting was mid-tier magic.
I think we all know that even a joke character can be completely broken, especially when designed by a good player.
This... and in the first few parts she said that the character is mid/maxed soo yaa. Or the spell is upgradeable A.E took feats that overcharged the spell

Dex-chan lover
I think we all know that even a joke character can be completely broken, especially when designed by a good player.
Not my point. Translator got confused because of the chant, but since she was designed as a joke character, it's only fair to say that certain things would be nonsensical, even deliberately. So rather than worry about accuracy that makes sense in a serious manner, I think they can relax and just let this one ride.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was surprised he was still alive, but sure.
Causing him great pain and destroying his spirit before death.

Fed-Kun's army
mid level magic by nacht's standards. everyone else is simply too weak.
Could also be the game. Sometimes the really broken combos involve the intermediate magic spells rather than the ultimate ones since they're less likely to have absurd cooldowns or limitations. For example, mages in Mabinogi generally care more about their Fireball damage rather than the Meteor Strike, because while the ultimate magic might do several times the fireball in damage, it has a cooldown measured in minutes, whereas Fireball doesn't have a cooldown, merely a "long" cast time.

And by long, you can cheese it from the normal 15 seconds down to half a second.

Dex-chan lover
That dragon fucked around, and he found out. He should have just believed Aisha and ran off.

Big numbers are the truest form of comedy. What's funnier than a dragon in a small town? 600 dragons in a small town. What's funnier than killing a slime with 100 damage? Killing a slime with a 10-hit combo with each hit dealing 2847518285274846268364 damage.

Users who are viewing this thread