New affiliate, MangaPlus support, infrastructure upgrades and supporter features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a question re: the official translations from mangaplus, are any of these manga being actively scanlated by groups? if so, does linking to mangaplus mean that scanlations of those specific manga are no longer hosted here?

Miku best girl
Admin
The groups doing most of those titles don't post here anyway.

@zenkichi if other groups upload, then you can read.

Double-page supporter
the mangaplus thing is something I have always desired with MD, real nice to check all my other manga updates and see one piece has dropped the latest chapter~

I'm actually rather excited by these changes. SauceNAO support will help a ton with finding manga from reddit or imgur, and I'm okay with the site linking to MangaPlus if it means less chance of Mangadex getting attacked by DMCAs and whatnot (plus it means not having to check multiple sites for updates). Oh, nevermind, Mangaplus's website is awful. Why would the design be made only for phones. I can't even hit page up or down.

Dex-chan lover
supporting mangaplus is really a good thing... it helps the manga publisher by doing this... good job...

@Xitel if using MangaPlus on a desktop it's best to switch to horizontal from the default vertical view.

ncms95.jpg

I've gotten used to the sites awful design.

normally i would be happy about this "improvement" but at the moment i have a real nasty episode of an deja vue.
Whilst i doubt myself about this premonition but in case this could come true then let me the first to congratulate you :
Congratulations on your step to go legit, you deserve it. Where can i subscribe at mangadex plus ? (or would the name be something like fakcrunchydex?)

is a Reindeer
VIP
@muto4013 There are no plans to go legit. We've been attempting to send people towards official sources since the start of MangaDex, with our official raw links and official english links. This is merely another form of that that we've come up with ever since MangaPlus became a thing just a few months ago.

Supporter
I do like the idea that @BzzBzz has prepositioned, an external link marker.

This is all great, my thanks to all of you devs working on all of this. @Plykiya, please pass on my thanks to everyone working behind the scenes, Mangadex is becoming my homepage when logging in.

@Holo

Man, y'all are doing an awesome job right now. The partnership with SourceNAO is a great idea; but I gotta ask.. With Google Chrome, if I were to search for an image, almost 100% of the time it'll come back with the correct chapter/series and mangadex as the first link. Is there any chance of integrating SourceNAO's image search function into mangadex? I know it's a lot of work but a thought would be to use the search aggregator with the image or image URL, and it returning with the series/chapter/Author/Artist in a way that function like the search function we already have.

Is that even somewhat plausible? Anyway, just kind of a 'shower thought'. Keep up the great work y'all!

@Plykiya wait, so you guys are just going legit without a plan? That's just irresponsible! Lunacy, I say!

Contributor
SauceNAO has always been the best reverse image tool. That's rad

Contributor
MangaPlus could be risky if old free chapters are ever made unavailable. Might want to keep that in mind.

i think one downside to the support of mangaplus is that it's not scanlations or scan groups. the basis of forming MD was FOR scanlations, was it not?

@Holo wrote that this is a trial run. so this is the time to ask questions and think about how to best execute this, if at all.

- i don't feel this is a step towards going "legit" as some are suggesting. Or selling out or being bought out, as some may be fearing. i'll trust @Plykiya 's word for now.

- as for the execution of including mangaplus, or any other external sites: i prefer a link from the manga's title page (and NOT from the manga reader). the fact that it is not a scanlator's work makes me want to keep it out from the reader itself.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to take o moment to remind everyone of how uneasy everyone was when Batoto was about to go down.
This website is the utmost proof that the more you fight something that is natural, the stronger it becomes. In this case, manga.
👹 I love you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread