Nidome no Natsu, Nidoto Aenai Kimi - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Never See You Again

Dex-chan lover
It's like Kirakira all over again without the post-graduation depression and the hallucinations of a man in grief

which means this is a happy ending in comparison

Double-page supporter
Lackluster ending. It could've been better, but it's okay. It looks like it's axed.

Dex-chan lover
This final feels empty for a good story what could be, I mean, everyone knew what was going to happen to her but literally is the same shit of the first timeline just for the letter or maybe worst! The only thing that he did was being an asshole towards her bc he doesn't want to make an "emotional bond" or some bullshit like that.

He could be nice to her like the first time, do the same things and maybe SPEND MORE TIME WITH HER BEFORE SHE DIES and do not make the confession. Simple like that, if you know that she is gonna die MAKE PROGRESS WITH ANOTHER GIRL/HUMAN BEING OR SOMETHING MAN, and I'm very sure that in the first timeline he could bring back the band like this one if he was honest towards his friends, tells what he said to her, apologies, idk.

Literally 9 chapters of drama shit without sense, this could be more, anyways thanks for the translations guys!

Group Leader
@Ranzo Maybe... My english is a bit lackluster and, in chapter 2, Rin's way of saying it is pretty childish (バンドやろう) so I just went with "Let's do a band". And in the end of chapter 10, Satoshi said the exact same thing at the end, which I had to translate the same way. Actually, the same goes for page 11's "I won't give up so easily" aaaaaand most of the hospital's dialogue xD

And thanks to everyone for the nice comments!

idk, I see people shitting on this chapter in the comments here, but I kind of "get" why things went this way in the second timeline? Satoshi's new rudeness toward Rin is so weird that she had to know what was going through his head, especially given the final text of her letter to him. I think she just wanted him to see more than only her, and his actions at the very end of the story indicate that he understood what she was trying to show him. is it a messy, bittersweet way to end things? yes -- nothing's wrapped up in a bow. but it feels more real this way, somehow, and I think the MCs got through to each other at the very end of it all.

thanks so much to the translation team for an amazing job throughout -- it was great getting to follow this.
if you're still taking suggestions, I'm sure I could come up with a few

@RigobertoParedes In what possible way was he an "asshole" to her? When he first met her in the repeat timeline, he turned down her offer of forming a band. He did it in a fairly okay and reasonable way. SHE then proceeded to be the asshole by constantly pestering him and refusing to take no for an answer. Eventually, he caved and tried doing things over with the exception of not confessing. And yet, he's somehow the asshole?

He literally did what you asked him to do, and yet, you're saying he's the asshole.

I tought it will be like Hatsukoi Losstime but it's not, well i'm ok with that

But i expect the ending will be better than this one, i mean this story deserves for a better execution and twist

Double-page supporter
Not as sad an end as I was expecting, it really eased you into it unlike the beginning.

What was that ending 😧😓😭 nothing changed, at all. I thought by redoing it some big twist was gonna happen. Like in one of the early chapters I thought Rin was stuck in a time loop or some shit. In the end, nothing changed, except probably a slightly more peaceful final goodbye, albeit worse in my opinion because Rin didn't get the confession (she must be very happy in the first one because he said it, even though she didn't show it).

There's this certain classicness to the plot that actually made it really interesting (it reminded me of early-gen Korean Webtoons, and I'm quite certain they also took some inspiration from mangas/dramas at that time). Thus, I'm currently somewhat mad and confused as to why the story had to end that way.

Double-page supporter
@Felgon I think author was limited by number of chapters. Because almost from the start it was hinted that story would go the way that would involve both as a time leapers. During last two chapters suddenly that was dropped. Given build up and ending, I got feeling that it was axed, rushed or something like that.

Ending would fit greatly if not for hints positioned in all chapters that indicate different path.

Rushed but still made me cry. Kinda reminded me of Fuuka. Thank you for translating this!

Ahhwwww That's-
They're cute man...This was all cute man.

Now, if only we had an epilogue then my hear can rest a little easier...Just half kidding.
Thanks you, team, for the translations!

Users who are viewing this thread