Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Prbkm2e.jpg

How can the transposed Japan even function? Japan relies heavily on oil, coal and natural gas to keep running. Like, they are the among the top importers of the stuff in the world, if not number one. Yet when fantasy land ambassadors visited Japan cars were running just as normal. They can keep an expeditionary force running like this with seemingly no problem. Only thing they seem to have needed in this manga so far is food, for which they do rely on imports for heavily in the real world but not as much as they rely on energy imports. It's like fuck logistics, we just wanna sit on high horses and see JSDF massacre savages...

Thought experiment. What if instead of modern Japan, it was imperial japan right before WWII that got transported.

Fed-Kun's army
@dsuke
Earlier chapter, Japan successfully secured drilling rights with another neutral isekai country. So food is from Quay-thone alone, and oils are from another.
I bet they also did try something to solve Japan mining and industrial needs.

Considering Japan willing to share non military technology like transportation and construction, as well as immediately engaging in cultural exchange, I bet that oil country is just as pleased as Quay-thone

@dsuke deus ex.. I mean most of the Isekai author doesnt really think that deep.. especially if it looks like a propaganda like this one...

@kdann12 that's.. sounds interesting but considering that they're fanatic Militarist at that point no doubt they gonna going to annex most of the nation.. that's the reason of why there's a lot of Japan Military Isekai like this is mostly to be a propaganda to clear the mind of people like saying "Our policy is non-aggressive now, unless we or our allies got attack, then we're going to bite back.. we're not the same like the one before WW2" or something like that y'know

Fed-Kun's army
@kdann12 Pretty obvious what would happen. They would probably just enslave everyone and start genocide on all demi-human races (which is what they did in prior to WWII, during the 20's-40's, except that was against humans, demi humans would probably fare far worse), basically they would be no different from the empire they are currently fighting except they have complete technological superiority and could probably wipe out all demi-humans and enslave all other humans in that world matter of a few months. This is, of course, assuming they magically have infinite amounts of fuel and resources which they some how get in this series.

Aren't you glad Japan lost the war and was forced to change to a pacifist country, and now with Otaku culture being main stream, they won't end up massacring non-humans (probably)?

@AdamKnight
Ok that makes sense in a way, I must have missed it. A non oil producing country suddenly having to build an entire production industry from basically scratch would be very tough but doable. In time at least. I mean Japan consumes over 3 million barrels per day of oil with less than 5% of it being produced domestically. However, coal and natural gas are much more important than oil to Japan. Oil only accounts for up maybe a sixth, at most(!), of Japan's energy consumption. Where will they they find 700.000 tonnes of coal. per day, and 1½ million tonnes of natural gas per week (in liquid form for easy transport!) to make up for the rest? I suppose most of Japan's population will have to do without electricity and cars in this world...

Dex-chan lover
In the WN and LN, Aoki of the Tokyo MP is the one who "served" the "warrant of arrest" against Hark Louria, while in the manga, Nakano is the one who served. He is the one who fought CQC with Rand.

Dex-chan lover
@dsuke

The New World is a treasure trove of untapped resources that is considered as junk by magic-based civilizations. The Meerky Kingdom (a kingdom located at the First Civilization Area) sells titanium ore to Japan at very cheap prices since magic gems are important to them. Little they know that "junk ore" is one of the keys to Japan's military and technology might.

Users who are viewing this thread