No Home - Ch. 57 - Marie Kim (18)

Marie's aunt is correct. I'm a little surprised because the cultural norm is to never cut ties with your family even if they mistreat you. My culture is the same way. I have high hopes for Marie's future. I'm glad her father realized he was going to lose her if nothing changed. No one deserves to be mistreated.

Contributor
Well, it's a good thing Haejoon isn't somewhere where they will bully you for having too good grades

What an ending. I'm glad everything wrapped up well. Shit happens, but I'm still (not at all, maybe just barely) shocked at all quickly this was just settled, and now everyone's just going on with their life with no animosity, even after all the hate and vitriol they spit up. Mob characters in this webtoon and otherwise. But hey, that's how life is like sometimes. Can't be bothered and that's just fine

Fed-Kun's army
Is it just me, or was that arc shorter than usual. It's good that it all got cleared up relatively fast, though. Also props to bullied kid to not backstabbing again and admitting it was all the bullies fault. If the false blame dragged on any longer it would've been hell.

Edit: It was totally just me who thought that this arc was shorter. This is the longest arc so far. 🤣

Fed-Kun's army
@Ceiye either way, the grades were given individually, so unless something happened it would only be seen by people he wants to know it. And I don't think anyone would bully Haejoon, no, I doubt they even could, lol.

wow, what a feel-good chapter after everything that's gone on

this series quickly became one of my favorite reads. i'm really glad i stumbled upon this back when you first started uploading it. thank you for translating! :)

Man, I cant even make a new theory about their psychological states other than that they are improving :D

... but i get the feeling i can start speculating very soon..~

Group Leader
im not sure what's the message the author is trying to get through. its implied that marie is going to cut off ties with her family, but the dad did in the end allow marie to go to the dorms, and his flashback to his convo with his sister implies he does feel guilty and does not want continue ruining his relationship with his daughter.

Aah so good to see everything resolved. Good job Dongju, congrats' Marie
Thank you for the translation !

I wonder if Marie will still keep ties to the cursed house gang, she lives in the actual dorms so I don't see why she'd keep seeing them now that she mended her mistake ?

@cromat call me pessimistic, but I believe he only did that to try and get on Marie's good side, like: "Oh I give you what you wanted, see how generous I am and how much I love you? Surely, I'm the good guy and you'll have to repay my kindness, right?" way. His own sister cut all ties with her family without any regret and he doesn't want this happening.

That's what it probably means, since the dad already lost his sister and his wife, I'm sure he feels shitty for that. It's hard to tell since he looks so indifferent to everything, same for mine too lol

I love daily series like this, gives me something to look forward to. Many thanks for the chapters.

Group Leader
@Limimelo i see it a little more optimistic. its not that the dad is thinking this as a transactional exchange where if he scratches her back she'll in the future scratch his, but that he finally gained some awareness of how awful he has treated members of the family in the past and the consequences (people cutting him off) and doesn't want that to happen with marie as well. basically wanting to be a good father for at least a moment, even if he doesn't know if he'll revert to being an asshole later.

Users who are viewing this thread