Obokoi Majo wa Majiwaritai!

Dex-chan lover
What will the young man decide?
This is a standard soy Jap MC, we all know he is going to defend his own virginity as if the fate of the world depends on it.

Group Leader
This is getting a volume 1 release in April.

https://bookwalker.jp/series/292638/

Dex-chan lover
I love it and either way it goes I'm fine with it. But with all the antiques and the ritual involving sex, I was kinda hoping for some sort of sacrifice, loss or trade for her becoming a full fledged witch. Doesn't sound like it would go in that direction tho. And perhaps a little bit of that witches society appearing in the future would be neat, since most of what we have seen is all from her and her master.

Sooo confused what the commercially viable target demographic of this manga is. The art style, atmospheric panels with little to no dialogue -- all feels like an arthouse graphic novel. But the topic is a YA (very Y?) coming of age story. But again, would a YA's parents be OK with their kid seeing low-detail artfully covered nekkid boobies?

Kind of reminds me of Bridge to Terabithia (the book). It was required reading when I was a kid, but not sure if that kind of thing wouldn't be controversial in today's environment. Either way, I feel like the demographic that might best relate to this might not be the most likely or able to access it. :p Angry immature neckbeards OTOH will certainly be able to access this material and yet not be able to relate to it -- at least in the sense it was intended. XD

Anyway, I always really dig it when a manga author delves into a bit of culture or myth that isn't familiar (at least to me). Japanese occult and fantasy elements (or whatever cultural magic Komori is tapping into) are so interesting. Plus they're all the more impactful when used sparingly like in this story. Super cool stuff!

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I would love if they ended up dating, fell in love and then on the day that they have sex for the ritual, it is actually a ritual used to sacrafice the boys soul that her family didn't tell her about. It'd be pretty fucked and sad, but would make it non cliche and unique :)
Yea but then the story would get a lot of hate.

Granted I would be really shock if that happened. I don't know if i'll be angry myself though. I feel like i would.

But again, would a YA's parents be OK with their kid seeing low-detail artfully covered nekkid boobies?
Different cultural norms. Japan generally doesn't have the religious hangups about sex and nudity that the west has. They have cultural hangups about displaying affection in public, but that's a different matter.

They also recognize that teenagers going through puberty have some degree of interest in sex, which is what tends to creep out westerners. For whatever reason we tend to forget what puberty is like and pretend everyone magically grows a libido at 18. In Japan, two middle schoolers getting it on isn't morally bad, it's just irresponsible.

Japan generally doesn't have the religious hangups about sex and nudity that the west has.
This feels like such extreme nonsense. Yes, they don't have the religious puritanity that Catholic Christianity prefers, but you're not gonna tell me that Japanese dont like titties as much as the next human being. Nudity, no matter the setting, is used for titilation.

This manga author might not be allowed to put nipples on the girls breasts, but that's just due to censorship, not because they "don't view nudity the same like decadent western people".

Anyway, fun story. The characters are written well enough, with everything getting some attention. I've not caught up to the very latest chapter, but I do wonder in which direction they'll take the story. And altho it's probably the case, I'd hate it if the protagonist were to keep refusing her advances. What hot-blooded 15-year old boy wouldn't want to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread