“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 20 - Allurement

Dex-chan lover
If she absolutely must cheat in your fan theory, then that'd be the way to make it happen.

Yup.

Yes. It's, like, the second or third thing I tell people about me.

Struck me as pretty neutral. Halfway through, I realized that the question sounded rhetorical, so I clarified.

Yeah, that's just how it is with me. I always sound more hostile than I am. Outright had friends telling me to "calm down" mid conversation for no apparent reason.
Well okay then my bad I guess, pro tip going forward past your usual unique approach to conversation tone is incredibly hard to pick up through text. I, and ig a few others, did not take your question as "neutral" but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt given the information you just confirmed for me.

So do over, yes I caught onto the whole morning sickness thing at the beginning of the chapter but as I said earlier it seemed weird that her seeing her brother doing the deed seemed to have caused it to come back with such intensity (the way it's laid out makes it seems like she finds what should just be an awkward and embarrassing situation so sickening).

I'm also aware of the misgivings she has towards the new wife and daughter, tho I think this is also part of the blown out of proportion melodrama of this series. How many times has a chapter of this story hinged on " omg she said something normal while making a kinda creepy face"? I guess the slow release of chapters, general lack of progression in the story (same could be said for the author's other works), and overall artificial/ melodramatic feel of the story is annoying me so I felt like meming on it.

Dex-chan lover
she was already sick hence, throwing up, but the daughter is fucking strange

Well okay then my bad I guess, pro tip going forward past your usual unique approach to conversation tone is incredibly hard to pick up through text. I, and ig a few others, did not take your question as "neutral" but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt given the information you just confirmed for me.
Already you stand head and shoulders above most of the others I've seen. Props to you for being the bigger man.
So do over, yes I caught onto the whole morning sickness thing at the beginning of the chapter but as I said earlier it seemed weird that her seeing her brother doing the deed seemed to have caused it to come back with such intensity (the way it's laid out makes it seems like she finds what should just be an awkward and embarrassing situation so sickening).
It never went away in the first place, though. Like, clearly she started off not feeling good, and between seeing her brother having sex, and then the mere passage of time, it kept getting worse; Like that shit you know you have to take soon, but not right this instant: If you stand around long enough, you're going to have to run to make it. She was already headed off to the bathroom over it, and she wasted time watching. It was an excuse to get her to see what was happening in the room, and then get her away in a rush- leaving the step-daughter time to start peeking now that we know sis knows they're fucking.

I'm also aware of the misgivings she has towards the new wife and daughter, tho I think this is also part of the blown out of proportion melodrama of this series. How many times has a chapter of this story hinged on " omg she said something normal while making a kinda creepy face"? I guess the slow release of chapters, general lack of progression in the story (same could be said for the author's other works), and overall artificial/ melodramatic feel of the story is annoying me so I felt like meming on it.
I can agree the premise is wearing thin for what's a semi-monthly release. We're almost to the end of the second volume, and the most info we've gotten was through the goddamned bonus chapters.

The past few chapters I was worried I wouldn't like the writers plans for Chika but all of that doesn't matter now we are 10x so back I gotta keep reading.

Dex-chan lover
Because his family is outright telling him something's horribly wrong. And we, as the readers, know that she's more right than anyone realizes. There's a reason you bring your SO to your family: To get their approval. Because your family is, in theory, looking out for you. And nobody is suggesting he personally should think he shouldn't have sex with his wife. We just know it's a bad idea. 🤨

But that's the issue, we as the "reader" know. Not only this chapter, but in almost every chapter during this arc people have been complaining that the man doesn't just magically have the same 4th wall perspective that we do. "We" the reader know that the sister was set up, but from "his" perspective, his wife and step child were nothing but nice to them and while she had reason to be mad, the sister went overboard with both her reaction to the girl and more to him.

We're lead to believe that he has worked hard and sacrificed a lot for his blood family and both his mom and sister seemed pushy on the subject of having a child. From his perspective it really looks like an non-blood "outsider" issue with them. Hell, both the mom and sister admit to themselves that ultimately, they're suspicions are "just a feeling" and not based on any form of fact but again the issue is approaching this from a reader's perspective where we "know" what's what and getting upset he doesn't.

Supporter
To be fair, these new women trying to separate this guy from his family are probably doing him a favour, even if it’s unintentional.

Now if only we had any clue as to their real motives…

But that's the issue, we as the "reader" know. Not only this chapter, but in almost every chapter during this arc people have been complaining that the man doesn't just magically have the same 4th wall perspective that we do. "We" the reader know that the sister was set up, but from "his" perspective, his wife and step child were nothing but nice to them and while she had reason to be mad, the sister went overboard with both her reaction to the girl and more to him.
Think about it from the perspective of someone who isn't raised in Current Year: Your family is looking out for your best interests. They're literally telling you there are grave issues with these people. To your face. You yourself know there are issues, but you've been consistently brushing them off. At this point, the man's got enough information to realize something's off, but he's consistently pushed it down because he's got this retarded obsession with making a choice in his life; even just a bad one.

He knows the girl is creepy, his sister knows she's creepy, and outright told him that, the mother has her own reservations, and yet the man does stupid things like giving away his sister's baby to the creepy girl (Though even his own objections) and is surprised when it blows up in his face instantly. It could only have been a swifter, and more brutal, catastrophe if she grabbed the baby and then threw it to the ground at full strength.

Only the reader has all the info to know they've evil, but everyone else knows there's something deeply wrong with this picture.

We're lead to believe that he has worked hard and sacrificed a lot for his blood family and both his mom and sister seemed pushy on the subject of having a child. From his perspective it really looks like an non-blood "outsider" issue with them. Hell, both the mom and sister admit to themselves that ultimately, they're suspicions are "just a feeling" and not based on any form of fact but again the issue is approaching this from a reader's perspective where we "know" what's what and getting upset he doesn't.
Whatever his motivations are, he's ignoring crucial observations and advice from his own family, along with his own gut. You could almost forgive it on his end, since he's being love bombed, but to pretend the man's got literally nothing to go on ignores everything we've seen up until now.

Double-page supporter
alright guys, the couple having that thing is alright.. The sister looking at them having thing is just an accident.. The.. Ohh.. The kid.. I.. I'm done.

Dex-chan lover
Think about it from the perspective of someone who isn't raised in Current Year: Your family is looking out for your best interests. They're literally telling you there are grave issues with these people. To your face. You yourself know there are issues, but you've been consistently brushing them off. At this point, the man's got enough information to realize something's off, but he's consistently pushed it down because he's got this retarded obsession with making a choice in his life; even just a bad one.

He knows the girl is creepy, his sister knows she's creepy, and outright told him that, the mother has her own reservations, and yet the man does stupid things like giving away his sister's baby to the creepy girl (Though even his own objections) and is surprised when it blows up in his face instantly. It could only have been a swifter, and more brutal, catastrophe if she grabbed the baby and then threw it to the ground at full strength.
Having her hold a step relative for a short period of time and equating that to body slamming a baby is Mr. Fantastic levels of reaching. I seriously can’t believe people think she acted appropriately then…

Again, really look at the situation without perspective knowledge and bias. Bro’s watching his sister’s kid for a short while. His step daughter asked to hold the baby for again, a short while. They got separated in the crowd, not a good thing, but it happens.

The sister lost her shit because they temporarily lost her baby. Somewhat understandable. They find both the step daughter and the baby fairly quickly and with no mishaps, and again the sister loses her shit because her brother let this “creepy” girl hold her baby.

Mind you the sister, other than a brief side question about Miako’s authenticity, GAVE NO ISSUES ABOUT THE DAUGHTER TO HER BROTHER BY THIS POINT.

Isn’t it remotely possible that from his point of view, this was a completely insane and vicious attack on him, his new family, and his life choices out of nowhere?

I know you have the mindset of divorced women being damaged goods anyway, and it’s not like we the viewer doesn’t know something’s up, but the hyperbole is insane in these chapter’s comments…

Dex-chan lover
the daughter be like
ewan-mewing.gif

Having her hold a step relative for a short period of time and equating that to body slamming a baby is Mr. Fantastic levels of reaching.
I know English can be a difficult language for foreigners sometimes, but I specifically said that the slam was the only way things could have blown up in his face more quickly and spectacularly. Like, if what happened here was an 8 on the "Holy shit, that escalated quickly" scale, the slam would have been a 9 to 10.

I seriously can’t believe people think she acted appropriately then…
She did. If anything, her backing down after his child is kidnapped, and her own brother meets her with a "Why are you so mad?" is the problem.
Again, really look at the situation without perspective knowledge and bias. Bro’s watching his sister’s kid for a short while. His step daughter asked to hold the baby for again, a short while. They got separated in the crowd, not a good thing, but it happens.
I did. If you, after the lengthy arguments in the last chapter, don't get the problem, there's nothing that can be done. SIs said she doesn't trust the girl, Bro doesn't trust the girl; hesitated to give it to her himself. It blew up in his face instantly. The baby wasn't his to give away to the shady kid that everyone knows is shady, and everyone pays for it immediately. End of discussion.

The fact that we also know she did this entirely on purpose with mom?: The cherry on top that has me cheering for Sis to hospitalize them.

Mind you the sister, other than a brief side question about Miako’s authenticity, GAVE NO ISSUES ABOUT THE DAUGHTER TO HER BROTHER BY THIS POINT.
Specifically sat him down, right before they left, and told him the problem, after days of hinting she's not 100% comfortable with her (You know, after the baby comment in front of both of them, and the pregnancy thing). Brother literally told her to mind her own fucking business. Read over the chapter again.

Isn’t it remotely possible that from his point of view, this was a completely insane and vicious attack on him, his new family, and his life choices out of nowhere?
The fact that you're asking this question makes it clear you're not paying attention to what anyone is saying here. We know he took it like that. He is making very pointedly bad choices despite everything, including his own gut, telling him this is a bad situation he's in. That is the entire issue at hand here. He knows, bare minimum, that the daughter is sketchy as FUCK. So does his family. They've told him this to his face. He's experienced repeated instances of "What the fu-..." on this very trip. He pushes forward anyway, it keeps blowing up in his face- and now he makes it blow up in his sister's face too.

The man is very pointedly avoiding introspection, and the oyakodon is helping him do that. He sat around thinking about his life, and the first thing this woman does is tell him to stop thinking about stuff and fuck her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
No I mean.. This really isn't that weird, no? Married couple having sex is literally whatever, girl wanting to puke seeing it and puking is whatever, her reaction is kinda normal too, the peeking part.. Teen curiousity, I guess? I don't think you'd usually want to peek on your parents/guardians but eh.

Users who are viewing this thread