One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 134

Genos? Covert? What is he gonna do? Pretend to be modern art and get discreetly placed inside the secret bases?

@boag lmao dude ONE is the one doing the majority of the manga's writing. Any and all changes that Murata makes is always run by ONE first for his approval. Murata has on multiple occasions shown the drafts that ONE sends him, and ONE has told Murata to completely redo things that ONE feels doesn't work (like removing Metal Bat ricocheting the manhole cover against Garou).

People need to stop acting like Murata is the only one to blame for the manga. If you're going to praise the webcomic then you also have to acknowledge the story changes you don't like in the manga are also ONE's fault.

Dex-chan lover
@skaianDestiny
This sole chapter proves someone is giving directions to ONE for the Manga, and like i said, its either the Editor, or Murata himself.
Youre pretty much half admitting this in your response but refuse to fully acknowledge it.

@BlackThunder
cause the Tournament never happened in the webcomic, its filler for the manga.

Dex-chan lover
More likely, Saitama thinks that Genos is trying to help him right the wrong that is "Caped Baldy".

A true injustice.

@BlackThunder The Hero Tournament did not happen in the Web Comic timeline, that was a Manga and Anime exclusive arc. Once the manga catches up, Siuryuu will probably recognize Saitama then.

@skaianDestiny Would Murata, the more established, big-name, published artist have a motive to lie or stretch the truth to save face compared to ONE, an amateur who publishes his own work? Has ONE consistently shown us plots that grip us, despite the terrible art? Based solely on having read Eyeshield 21, Murata's story writing abilities seem to be consistent with what he's shown us in the redrawn version of One Punch Man. His plots sometimes seem to just meander, lack impact, or go nowhere important.

I still don't understand the schedule both manga and the webcomic, is it released once a month or so?

Dex-chan lover
@Haekalala OPM webcomic is released in One own blog, so it is updated whenever One wants, and OPM manga is a web manga, so a normal schedule doesn't apply... after that colosall 150 pages chapter it has a more predictable 2 - 3 weeks release with occasional breaks for Murata's retouchs

@CustardLicker well remember Suiryu was a manga exclusive character until Neo Heroes like Gale wind and Hellfire flame

Wait ... I don't understand why Suiryu don't remember Saitama (Or, more like it feel that he's talking with a random guy, but in the last chapter Suiryu talk about him Saitama)

Dex-chan lover
@boag

Murata adds things, but ONE must approve it first. ONE has full control over story.

From a 2015 Interview:
http://opmcityz.blogspot.com/2016/04/onemurata-2015-joint-interview.html

Murata: For the main storyline, the dialogue stays pretty much the same. But with side-stories, sometimes I’ll try adding in scenes to ONE-sensei’s storyboards, or change the dialogue up a bit. In such cases, I’ll always ask ONE-sensei’s opinion. We’ll go back and forth fine-tuning it…and sometimes it’ll just end up reverting back to how it was in the beginning (laughs).

ONE: Murata-sensei always shows me whenever he thinks up new scenes or dialogue to add. For instance, with the A-Class hero Spring Mustachio, my storyboards just had his name and general appearance. He talked a bit and got beat up by the monster, nothing more. I didn’t plan to highlight what weapons he used or anything like that; that part was really cut short. But the storyboards Murata-sensei came up with featured him using his weapon against the monster, showing off his fighting chops so that the monster looked even more impressive by comparison. It was fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread