Open Sourcing the MangaDex@Home Client, Symfony Devs Acquired, and User Research Survey Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
The legacy reader has the option to load all images at once, a gofsend for those with unstable net.

This is the only reason i, and a few others i know, use it.

So long as the new reader doesn't have it, it will remain inferior to me, and i suspect i may have to use a dodgy userscript that majes u look like a bot.

The new reader's images are also slightly off-center even with a hidden sidebar, and this may trigger ochd for some.

just curious if the M@H has client in indonesian area , since the start of pandemic , down speed to mangadex using ind ip was always slow , i need to connect to my vpn to get a reasonable speed

Miku best girl
Admin
The new reader does load all the images at once.

Is it heavily rate limited or something? On a 20+ pages chapter I can reliably see loading by reaching the ~17th page even if it took~ 4 mins to read that far.

It loads much faster on legacy long strip barring the dead pages.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@deltarayedge It's not rate limited, and the only reason the legacy reader would load faster is because it doesn't support MD@H and you're skipping over the network entirely to pull directly from the image servers. Bear in mind if the network wasn't there to take the hit, you'd be back to 30s loading times per page. Legacy also forces a complete chapter reload if a single image errors out, the standard reader can reload individual images.

It's rate limited, just not in a way that any normal user is ever going to hit, and once you open a chapter it preloads the entire chapter.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@alamade As long as you can SSH into your seedbox, you can run this. If you can't, there's not much we can do about it.

Miku best girl
Admin
@alamade You have to be able to SSH in AND be able to run your own programs.

Not all seedboxes allow for this.

@BraveDude8 yes the ones I use allow SSH.

@Holo A lot of user have seedbox which are actually 24/11/365 days running. it would definitely help this proyect, but yes not every seedbox allow this.

Miku best girl
Admin
@alamade

If you can ssh into your seedbox, then you can run this. Just make sure that it doesn't break your seedbox host's rules, because some don't allow p2p programs to be run (e.g. Whatbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread