Option to blacklist specific manga :planned:

Dex-chan lover
Occasionally I come across a manga which I just don't want to see or even be reminded of its existence, but there isn't a specific tag/genre I can filter without also blocking other manga I might have an interest in.

The way I thought it could be implemented is adding a "Blacklisted" status to the other statuses you can choose from (Reading, Completed, On Hold, Plan to Read, Dropped, Re-reading) which would hide the manga from appearing in Latest Updates when selected.

Dex-chan lover
Having the "dropped" category (or a custom category with whatever name you want) hide it from latest updates or wherever is a planned feature

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so it is. Having a separate category might make it clearer though; for example you might want to blacklist a manga after just reading the title and description so it wouldn't technically be "dropped".

You can however block the translator group. Assuming the group only does that series or several series that you don't want to know as well.

The mentioned features weren't really designed for serving the purpose OP mentioned, they seem like half measures.
It'd be nice to have an option to blacklist specific manga without having to block the groups or playing with "dropped" category.

Dex-chan lover
I second op's idea too.
If it's possible, having a blacklist option for specific titles would be pretty neat.

Dex-chan lover
> planned feature
Meanwhile, here's a userscript that does that. Wrote it for myself, so it's kind of barebones, but should be easy to figure out.

@AbyssalMonkey
Thanks, you made it clear. Perhaps, if that's the case, then I'm going to be satisfied as far as it won't be displaying the blacklisted content anywhere, including in the top manga/chapters on the main page and even in MDLists of other users.

Fed-Kun's army
@kammerat I doubt it can hide shits you don't want in other people list or even your own list, or in the search. Here, quoted from the tags exclusion setting:

The search and the user's MDList will ignore this setting and use their individual filter functionality instead.

Group Leader
Personally, I like marking series that are dropped, but that doesn’t mean I want to blacklist them. Similarly, there are some that I don’t want to read and never have, so “dropped” (putting them in the same category as series i just got bored of, especially if my MDList is public) feels wrong. I really, really would like this to be implemented, if possible.

Edit: Oh lmao I only read OP’s post; see now that it’s been resolved 😭

Users who are viewing this thread