Ore ni Trauma wo Ataeta Joshi-tachi ga Chirachira Mitekuru kedo, Zannen desu ga Teokure desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Third Year Casanova

Dex-chan lover
I'm going crazy, I'm starting to believe MC is the only somewhat normal person and everyone around him is insane 😐

Like everyone around him is some obnoxious stereotype, ESPECIALLY women, but now even the guys 🤨

It'd probably also go apeshit, if even one of those people were constantly around me
Mc is depresso, and everyone around him are cray-crayons

Dex-chan lover
Poor MC....he just wants his loner lifestyle but everyone keeps on pestering him.

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
And also, those tatas are better shaded than everything else in the manga :meguupog:

Dex-chan lover
  • Bitch, you're trying to do the very thing you accused MC of in the train. That's sexual harrassment.
  • Did Kamishiro's friend there have an "I didn't think I'd get this far" moment? She first tells MC to "set Kamirshiro free" (whatever that's supposed to mean) and when he asks what he should do she goes all "that's not how it's supposed to go"
  • MC, you were running away so confidently from the insane, self-righteous bitch. Why aren't you running away from the basketball game you never agreed to?
So yes i 100% agree she is Sexually Harrassing him now so its literally on her at this point to try and correct the roumor but i feel she's is too simple to do that.

Kamishiro's friend strikes me as a "i only see my friend suffering but i have literally no idea what's actually going on but I'm gonna stick my stupid head in it anyway" and i think she was foolish enough to think the problem was simply on his side not knowing what actually happened.

Lastly in the Mc's shoes i think that he simply is too tired to run at this point its just more annoyance than its worth.

Dex-chan lover
That’s Sagami 0.01. She thought this through and got polyurethane condoms in case MC has a latex allergy.

Note: On page 3, it shouldn't be "W's for now". W is slang for "double" in Japanese (because it's phonetically the same). He's saying "I'll just throw up double peace signs for now."
On page 9, he's referencing a Japanese proverb: 据え膳食わぬは男の恥 - which yes, literally means "not eating the food set before him is a man's shame" but it really means "a man turning down a woman's (sexual) advances is shameful"

Double-page supporter
I get why this feels so insane. It's being portrayed like a classic Japanese comedy manga, where they try to fill it to the brim with jokes and gags, which I get why people here aren't used to it. It just feels a bit of a whiplash when it goes to really personal moments, and then suddenly a battery of gags, but that's just because we are more used to comedy being more slow paced.
I think you're right on the money, here. It's paced and almost written like a gag manga but the actual story, even on the surface level, is deeply fucked up and clashes heavily with what's being shown. Like, MC is practically suicidal, and everything we've been given has pretty easily convinced us of why he would be this way, if not thinking "Shit, if I were him, I'd want to die too." Why is this type of MC in a gag manga? It makes you constantly question what the hell is going on and I'm not sure it's a good thing.

... not that I'm getting out of the dumpster fire just yet. Though I might read the WN as well given what others have been saying.

Double-page supporter
That the first among the many who will want to use seggs as a means to apologise, hence the dumpster fire will keep burning like the Olympic flame

Thank you for the quick translation!

Double-page supporter
The only way to find peace is to abandon it all, go all the way to Hokkaido, and settle down with a nice gal. I hear that they're cute over there.
Not every boy would love to be in the boonies...

Pretty sure that was the plot of Four Color Goddesses...when the boy returned with a "new" identity
:02:

Dex-chan lover
It really reads like your typical rom-com where there is shit load of misunderstandings and main character has like no agency over his own life.

Dude is basically treated like air, people either do shit without a single thought about what MC wants/feels, or they watch what happens around him like its some kinda TV drama. All the girls have barely 2 functioning brain cells, they basically ruin his life slowly, put him in bad light/situations, and thats even when they know they fucked up and just want to apologise or something.

Yet if you ignore all the gags/stupid stuff and just concentrate on MC - instead of a kinda dense typical rom-com MC, we get a dude that basically out-right told his sister, that she should wait till high-school ends before he goes off-line with his life - aka suicidal dude, that from like primary school has his life fucked over by betraying class-mates, idiotic girls or even adults, idiotic mom that didn't care for him at all, sister that told him to die cause she was jealous of a friend, etc. Like normal people would be already dead after suicide, or moved to a different fucking planet, or at least become kinda cynical and tell everyone to fuck off like the dude in Nyanta to pomeko.

As long as this MC is kinda cynical, he is unable to tell people to fuck off, and goes out of his way even risking his life to help the girls that ruined his life - so theres a difference.

Double-page supporter
It really reads like your typical rom-com where there is shit load of misunderstandings and main character has like no agency over his own life.

Dude is basically treated like air, people either do shit without a single thought about what MC wants/feels, or they watch what happens around him like its some kinda TV drama. All the girls have barely 2 functioning brain cells, they basically ruin his life slowly, put him in bad light/situations, and thats even when they know they fucked up and just want to apologise or something.

Yet if you ignore all the gags/stupid stuff and just concentrate on MC - instead of a kinda dense typical rom-com MC, we get a dude that basically out-right told his sister, that she should wait till high-school ends before he goes off-line with his life - aka suicidal dude, that from like primary school has his life fucked over by betraying class-mates, idiotic girls or even adults, idiotic mom that didn't care for him at all, sister that told him to die cause she was jealous of a friend, etc. Like normal people would be already dead after suicide, or moved to a different fucking planet, or at least become kinda cynical and tell everyone to fuck off like the dude in Nyanta to pomeko.

As long as this MC is kinda cynical, he is unable to tell people to fuck off, and goes out of his way even risking his life to help the girls that ruined his life - so theres a difference.
At this point MC looks like just he's playing along to stay alive and not crumble altogether. His eyes are noticeably empty all along. So far he's succeeding.

His willpower is actually stronger than expected, especially it was shown that he fought back with quite the vengeance against his bullies in elementary school. After the incident with his sister, this might his form of self-preservation in the meantime since he can't "disappear" from her life (yet).

He can't be a hikikomori since his perception is that his sister will simply try to execute him on the spot again - it might be the fear that he doesn't get to choose to die on his own terms, definitely physically and mentally less painful than what his sister did to him.

Dex-chan lover
imo casanova sounds weird.. and old
usually people translate it to playboy, it's simple and easy to understand

Users who are viewing this thread