Ore no Kurasu ni Wakagaetta Moto Yome ga Iru - Ch. 3.1

Dex-chan lover
My guy does the opposite of what he's saying in the beginning.....doesn't want to get along with ex wife, ex wife appears proceeds to get along with ex wife again

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE :wtf:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My huy does the opposite of what he's saying in the beginning.....doesn't want to get along with ex wife, ex wife appears proceeds to get along with ex wife again

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE :wtf:
Have you never run into someone you had a bad parting with, only to enjoy talking about something in the same vein that lead you to getting along the first time? It sucks, and you'll have to keep reminding yourself that, outside of this one common thread, you have nothing in common and don't like associating with them, but it happens.

"Don't put yourself in that position, just walk away." Schoolmates, workmates, family members; there are any number of reasons why you're stuck associating with them again, despite not wanting to.

They've literally banged, why are they so awkward
They've both probably already at least subconsciously realized at this point that they're still into each other but neither one wants to admit it to themselves or each other. Otherwise they wouldn't have joined the same club or entered the room together in this chapter, this is just them being tsundere. They were legitimately about to divorce days ago, that IS an awkward situation. You can also consider teenage hormones a factor, idk. This is hella forced though lmao, "we only have one room and it's a couples room lol" "oh well I can't possibly read manga at home even though I literally suggest it to my ex in the same chapter." it's a bit of a bruh moment. Not the worst thing releasing rn tho.

Dex-chan lover
The plot moves a little quick and the way the MC act in this chapter is a kinda weird, but then again i've never been in a divorce nor a romantic relationship, so who am i to judge his action

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if that's considered a spoiler. The novel ended a long time ago, it was short, I'd bet on a maximum of 10 chapters in the manga. They'll probably serialize all the material and not just some of it as some people believe
Lol, the WN was short, but author made a 2nd Volume when it got published as a LN to extend the story, so it went for longer, and take into account some short novels out there that get adaptations usually get extended as manga, as an example I’m Sick and Tired of My Childhood Friend’s, short WN too with 30 chapters (like 4 more chapters than this), but manga is at 27 in raws, author for that made a 2nd LN Volume for that one too to extend the story, so we'll see if they end it with Vol.1 which is the og WN end, or they procced with the 2nd Volume, which may be the case for this work, other example would be The One Within the Villainess, main plot in the WN is pretty short with 13 chapters, manga still going through it with 19 chapters, but have alot of after story extras (in which not all of them made it to the 1 LN Volume)

It all depend how they pace out the novel chapters with the manga chapters, and how much og manga content they end up adding

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seems like the classic "japanese work culture is ill-fitted for a healthy marital life" story considering the flashbacks to their previous lives we've seen. He was an overworked salaryman and his stress plus the wife's loneliness resulted in constant fights.

Terrible communication skills as well, the bane of any long lasting healthy relationship, but in Japan, it's like a double whammy ontop of the terrible worklifemarriage debacles.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, the scene that I thought got replaced is moved at another point, and honestly this is much better

Dex-chan lover
Alright, haven't read any source material or anything, so this is just pure speculation..
I have a feeling that because they had issues as adults, and our MMC didn't quite seem happy with his work/job, that there's probably going to be a lot more push or support towards both of their hobbies or things they enjoy, which will lead to a future where they have a more enjoyable life doing what they want, thus leading to a happier couple who supports those dreams and such, thus leading to a happier marriage.

But that's just my $0.02 thought.

Double-page supporter
Why not talk it out, make out, go out again and enjoy their teenage life again? Plus they have each other now. Wtf is wrong with these people? They are more worried about their stupid divorce than the fact they are young again. Hell they could even remake their lives better.

I should have added a TL note about using 'crib' but I didn't think it would be that big a deal.

Kouhei/Yuzuka uses お前んち and あたしんち, which is a contraction popular in Kansai for お前の家/あたしの家. There was much heated discussion in the bear den over how to convey this, and I ultimately went with crib.

There's an alternate universe out there where I went with 'gaff' instead and Yuzuka speaks like a chav for this whole chapter.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I should have added a TL note about using 'crib' but I didn't think it would be that big a deal.

Kouhei/Yuzuka uses お前んち and あたしんち, which is a contraction popular in Kansai for お前の家/あたしの家. There was much heated discussion in the bear den over how to convey this, and I ultimately went with crib.

There's an alternate universe out there where I went with 'gaff' instead and Yuzuka speaks like a chav for this whole chapter.
So far I am enjoying the translation, even if I don't know japanese is much more than I can say for the novels, for once I was curious about the source material, but unfortunately the translator there doesnt seem to know english either, thus I could not go even read the first book.
I hope this one covers the whole story at the same pace we are seeing and that you guys be there for it too.

Dex-chan lover
I was just about to come in here and echo the "crib" question lmao

My original guess was a piece of slang that older Millennials used to use but is no longer used by Gen Z, to highlight the contrast in mental age vs physical age :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread