Osake no Tame ni Otome Game Setting wo Buchikowashita Kekka, Akuyaku Reijou ga Cheat Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
> What I know is that the real pure water is a poison though if MC referring to that...

> Since there were exploring the dungeon, The brother stopping MC from creating a high quality potion is a stupid decision.
Instead of making it top quality, they can dilute it to the level which they can justify and be explained by the other without exposing who is the creator.
If they dilute it, the chance of someone dying will be nil, or super small chance that is...

> I can understand the brother's strictness when it comes to potion, and that is to protect charlotte from the greedy ones.
But, as i mentioned above, they can dilute it to the acceptable level so their chance of dying was so small....

> Charlotte, you must understand one more thing, please grow your chest

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is so awful, the brother treats Charls inventions as if they were something inherently evil, which they are not. Just think about it logically, if someone for example would have told Henry Ford that the invention of cars should've been hidden away or even disposing early prototypes, that someon would probably be punched in the face for suggesting something this stupid. Invenstions like this are absolutely necessary for technological advancement and should never be disapproved.

Dex-chan lover
why tf is mira a “she”? charlotte/izumi mentioned that mira was one of the protagonist tho?

@dextersTomato one of he problems can't be solved with diluting it though. He appraisal would probably still have "white wine", which doesn't exist /yet/ in that world.

The writing quality really dropped for this chapter, everyone's acting stupid and not communicating properly, and nothing really happened. Hope this is a fluke.

Dex-chan lover
Really; he just tells her to stop.... but he won't tell her the reason??? That's stupid...

It's like they did it solely to drag out the chapter because they knew it would only be 1 or 2 pages----

wait.... that's exactly why they did it....

Why do they have to artificially drag out the chapter...????

@blablablub The problem is HOW she's introducing it. If Henry Ford made cars out of magic by throwing rocks together, think of all of the danger he'd be in.

She's not making wine, she's magically forming it while also giving it OP magic qualities. So it's dangerous.

Of course, he could have just explained it... but then they couldn't make an entire chapter out of it.

@jseah Nah; just suddenly bringing her cheats would actually be a danger. It's not her revealing cheats that's bad... it's the sudden release of them. It should instead be on THEIR terms.

@sherlock0790 You can't blame her for not realizing it. It's hard to notice every single detail.

All she did was make a potion that tastes good. It's normal to miss certain other implications when the thing you do is so simple.

Such a funny and cute lil youtube beginning of the chapter. Also having slight 2nd male syndrome rn but I love Richard!!

Thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, her brother has been getting more and more annoying. His reasoning isn't bad, but he's one-sidedly throwing a tantrum over something he won't bother explaining.
It makes sense for her to have someone with good sense to reign her in, but he does it oppressively and it's honestly making me wonder why she goes with it every time.

Also, that vacuum is perfectly fine as a tool. Unlike stuff like alcohol that doesn't exist, it's a functional tool that improves everyone's quality of life, and can be written off as just innovation rather than the potions with odd drink descriptions.

Thanks for the chapter!
Her brother should really explain things rather than just issuing commands without explaining why. This is just a guess but Holy Water is likely provided by the church through faith and blessings who then charge for its sale. Since the church's is likely just common Holy Water it probably affects demons, and maybe diseases but is just tasteless water and can't be used as a drink much less a white wine. If word got out she managed to create High Quality Holy Water they'd likely get in trouble and demands made inquiring why they can't make such high quality Holy Water as well. Wouldn't be surprised if the church made it illegal for anyone but church members to make Holy Water. That, or to keep face they might either try to force her to join the church and do their bidding or claim that she's an evil 'witch' or something and has to be put down. Although do agree with reason he gave about her attracting the wrong type of attention from bad people who might try to exploit her. Wouldn't be surprised if the royal family wanted to lock her up in the castle 'for her protection' while making lots of super potions for the troops. After all, the army could be more reckless if each soldier had a potion that could fully heal them even if about to die and also regenerate lost limbs.

I'm 99% sure Mira is a dude. The only thing throwing me off is that the translator's use 'she' or 'her'.
I don't know Japanese, so I can't go to the source material to find out, but I have heard about the supposedly 'many nuanced gendered pronouns' in the language. Is this one of those cases? Like how, under certain circumstances, a female character might use a traditionally male pronoun? Or did, somewhere down the line, a mistranslation/miscommunication occur that lead the translation team to think Mira was a girl?

It wouldn't be the first time there was confusion over a character's gender. In a strange turn of events, the novel of a certain other villainess story initially claimed to be about a girl who reincarnated into a BL otome game as the villainess rival character - until a few dozen chapters in, where the author apparently forgot that the 'heroine' was supposed to be a 'hero'. It was never addressed and resulted in much confusion for the translator, who initially thought it was a misspelling. The manga adaptation scrapped the BL aspect completely. Kind of hard to pull off that kind of switch when you have to keep the character designs consistent.

@JennyNoelle I'm assuming that Mira uses "watashi" which is gender-neutral; accompanied by polite speech (which tends to be regarded as feminine), the ambiguity makes sense. The other common pronouns are clearer; "atashi" is feminine, "boku" and "ore" masculine. Each one is generally accompanied by more feminine or more masculine speech respectively, with varying levels of formality or informality. There are other pronouns that I don't see/hear as much, and yes, they each have their own nuances. (Caveat: I'm not fluent; I've just been informally studying Japanese on and off for several years.)

The official raws linked in the description for this series only has free previews up to chapter 2, and Mira isn't there yet, so I can't confirm how he (I'm assuming he's a he) talks.

Looool I’m so happy the mangaka is a fan of Luigi’s Mansion 😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks for the update!!

Fed-Kun's army
this chapter was weird, ofc she wouldn't understand if you don't explain?? aaah but the one before this one was so cute <333 i guess it's normal for siblings to fight occasionally even if one dotes on the other, and stupid miscommunications DO happen irl lol so i shouldn't be annoyed i guess. i'm glad it got solved quickly enough (meaning they didn't drag it past one chapter)

thank you for the translations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread