Osananajimi ni Kokuhaku Shitai Shougakusei ga 1-wa-goto ni Utsukushiku Seichou Shiteiku Hanashi. - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
He had a meltdown over a "Good for you" in ch10, but is completely fine with marriage out of pity, and the potential conflict that would make sense here was swept under the rag with a time skip.
lol
lmao even
he gave up his pride back then

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure having a loyal partner waiting at home for you, caring for your emotions, cooking for you, keep the house tidy, and always being there when you need them probably help a lot. A home cooked meal, love, and someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are can do wonders for your mental state, and the fact that you're not just eating whatever's easiest to make probably help in terms of health too. He could also be making sure she takes care of herself so she doesn't push herself too far.
Plot twist: he became a house-husband after burning out, because he clearly didn't have the right profile for the job. His wife on the other hand was able to boost her career with his support and can
perfectly provide for the household.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author could of shown how he got out of his slump & the details of the marriage acceptance. Hell I would even take the wedding ceremony instead of just skipping to this. Thanks for the translations.
It's a 1-2 pages-per-chapter Twitter webcomic meant to be read during your subway commute, not Berserk.

Dex-chan lover
It's a 1-2 pages-per-chapter Twitter webcomic meant to be read during your subway commute, not Berserk.
He does have an amazon link, so it's a bit more than that. Regardless, I think he could have planned things a lot better and have a clearer common thread between chapters/time-skips.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that is disappointingly wholesome. I'm losing interest again if the author just wanted to be edgy by making the boy crash and burn, instead of making it a different kind of story.

He had a meltdown over a "Good for you" in ch10
Because he was 13-14 back then. Between 14 and ~27 people go through like 4 complete reconstructions of their character.

Dex-chan lover
Plot twist: he became a house-husband after burning out, because he clearly didn't have the right profile for the job. His wife on the other hand was able to boost her career with his support and can
perfectly provide for the household.

Ain't no way she's supporting a two-person household on a teacher's salary.

Dex-chan lover
Why did marrying her make his life better? couldn't she support him like a friend would? the guy has no other friends! I think at the end of the day, he was depressed about still being a virgin, not about having a really difficult job. lol~ :huh:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Re-reading everything up until now I've come to a conclusion:

This series feels like the author had a great idea for a story and a bunch of fun major story beats that he wrote into a list/outline/skeleton, then failed so hard at trying to flesh it out into a complete narrative that he just said "screw it" and decided to only write/draw the beats in his planning document.

It's like if you took Star Wars and cut it down to just 5 second scenes that go
  • Luke lives in the desert with disapproving uncle/aunt
  • Meets mysterious wizard hermit
  • Dead family
  • Walks into bar and gets in fight with those two guys who get lightsaber'd by obi-wan
  • leaves on Han's ship
  • breaks into Death Star prison wing
  • Obi-Wan dies, luke screams "no!"
  • Dogfight
  • "use the force, Luke!"
  • Han shows up and shoots Vader's ship
  • Luke blows up Death Star
  • Everyone stands in front of crowd with medals on (we don't see the walk-up)
  • Credits
And that was the whole movie in like just over a minute.

Dex-chan lover
Ain't no way she's supporting a two-person household on a teacher's salary.
Why not? She could have had a career breakthrough during a time-skip for all we know. That's somehow more believable than the fact the depression was cured by marriage.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Why not? She could have had a career breakthrough during a time-skip for all we know. That's somehow more believable than the fact the depression was cured by marriage.

Teacher's salaries are largely a function of seniority with small bumps for adding new skillsets through additional degree phases or small workshop/certificate type modules and generally start out at a level that's barely enough to take care of one person, let alone a two-person household. I know it's not Japan but my cousin has been a teacher for like 7 or 8 years now and she lives in a basement suite the size of a postage stamp and pretty much can't afford anything besides rent, food, and car payments.

It's more fantastical that the FMC would end up with some way to make significantly more money (like being headhunted by a pricey, exclusive private school that would be far more likely to hand out its teaching positions to alumni) than it is that the MC quit his job and it wasn't "depression cured by marriage" as much as it was "marriage was a step in the process of turning his life around"

Dex-chan lover
Teacher's salaries are largely a function of seniority with small bumps for adding new skillsets through additional degree phases or small workshop/certificate type modules and generally start out at a level that's barely enough to take care of one person, let alone a two-person household. I know it's not Japan but my cousin has been a teacher for like 7 or 8 years now and she lives in a basement suite the size of a postage stamp and pretty much can't afford anything besides rent, food, and car payments.

It's more fantastical that the FMC would end up with some way to make significantly more money (like being headhunted by a pricey, exclusive private school that would be far more likely to hand out its teaching positions to alumni) than it is that the MC quit his job and it wasn't "depression cured by marriage" as much as it was "marriage was a step in the process of turning his life around"
You are putting way more thought on this than this garbage manga deserves. Embrace the chaos: she changed jobs, started her own business and is earning 10x what she used to. How? Doesn't matter because time-skip. The sky is the limit.

I'll say though, I wish the recovery from depression in the real world worked as you have been describing.

Users who are viewing this thread