Osananajimi ni Kokuhaku Shitai Shougakusei ga 1-wa-goto ni Utsukushiku Seichou Shiteiku Hanashi. - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Let's just all be honest and that by chapter 10, we all collectively understood this story was going to be pretty shitty.

I'm just surprised there's no NTR yet at this point or that the story didn't take a darker turn and wait until she's dead for him to tell her he loves her at her funeral as some sort of lesson of don't wait so damn long to confess your love.

A better story that actually builds up to a good relationship that actually has progress as it moves forward is The Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsundere Girl Getting Less and Less Tsun Day by Day.

No bullshit, just straight up what the title tells you.

Dex-chan lover
by chapter 10, we all collectively understood this story was going to be pretty shitty.
I've been reading from morbid curiosity.

And I cannot help but wonder whether the reason that the final chapter isn't reported in the title listing, though the manga is completed, is because everyone who knows the answer wants us strung along. If I saw that, say, thirty chapters were left, then I'd just bail now. (I tried getting the (free) eBook on Amazon, but the Japanese Amazon says that I have to use Amazon.com, and Amazon.com doesn't list it.)
A better story that actually builds up to a good relationship that actually has progress as it moves forward is The Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsundere Girl Getting Less and Less Tsun Day by Day.
I bailed on that series when it became an eromanga.

Last edited:
I'll say this as nicely as possible.

I do not know how you silly billies are not getting it. She is not proposing romantically, at least, as far as Jun would be aware of. It is the matter of becoming the person he can rely upon the most. To her, of course it is at least partially romantic. But neither thinks the other actually is interested in them. Jun will believe she is doing it out of pity and her kindness. She will believe that, even if she is his rock, nothing will change about their relationship.

I swear, manga readers are THE MOST critical people on earth. Any little deviation from the standard formula gets shouted down. Any addition of drama becomes drama in and of itself. Why can we not just accept how a manga is and accept the story the mangaka intends to take the direction of something? Why not wait and see?

Relax on your knee jerk reactions and enjoy the journey, quit being so obsessed about the destination.

The story really overstayed its welcome, and with the sheer amount of time skips it feels more like a parody, that's trying to collect all cliches from shoujo dramas, than anything else.

Dex-chan lover
I'm having more fun reading the comments than the manga itself. Very interesting points of view.

This should be a case study on how everyone (myself) just keep reading a dumpsterfire of a story because they were hooked by the original premise

Dex-chan lover

And I cannot help but wonder whether the reason that the final chapter isn't reported in the title listing, though the manga is completed, is because everyone who knows the answer wants us strung along. If I saw that, say, thirty chapters were left, then I'd just bail now. (I tried getting the (free) eBook on Amazon, but the Japanese Amazon says that I have to use Amazon.com, and Amazon.com doesn't list it.)

spoiler: the ending is a happy one, if you were worried it wouldn't be

Dex-chan lover

Fair enough. But you still have to admit, it at least moved the story along in a satisfactory pace while remaining very true to the title.

Dex-chan lover
We were assuming the title meant the lard child but it may have meant the girl was trying to muster her resolve....and yes.....she definitely grew beautifully.

Dex-chan lover
So, no one told Jun life was gonna be this way….

While it sucks they didn’t get together until they were 27, it’s pretty sweet how she didn’t abandon him after he got burned out. It probably was the boost he needed to get back on his feet.

Users who are viewing this thread