Osananajimi ni Kokuhaku Shitai Shougakusei ga 1-wa-goto ni Utsukushiku Seichou Shiteiku Hanashi. - Ch. 17

Contributor
This story is like an anti "improve yourself and be able to find love easier" story, Jun worked hard on improving himself and wasted his youth for nothing due to his own bad choices. Misa finally had enough of waiting and proposed, but Jun is a broken man at this point, wtf? Only a time leap to the past could probably salvage this situation if Jun can't pull himself together enough to say yes.

And yes, I'd agree the title has been a complete scam so far.

Dex-chan lover
Is this really how this is gonna go? It's been what 27 years?
And you waited that he was to the bottom of his life to propose to him?
Mind you she didn't even say that she likes him, she just said "Marry me, I'll support you.".
She did admit that she always wanted him to notice her...

And I like that she wanted to support him while he was at the bottom...

Dex-chan lover
And lying is never an appropriate way for a story-teller to build expectations to be subverted. Unreliable narrators are one thing; lying titles are quite another.
He didn't lie. They did grow up beautifully... though it is annoying that they were such f***ing cowards and never confessed... pissed me off that they took so long.... they grew up beautifully each chapter...

Dex-chan lover
He didn't lie. They did grow up beautifully... though it is annoying that they were such f***ing cowards and never confessed... pissed me off that they took so long.... they grew up beautifully each chapter...
Both in childhood and as adults, their developments at various stages has largely been warped and pathetic, not beautiful. The author is a liar, full stop.

Dex-chan lover
What even is happening here anymore? They took 5 years in the hellish Japanese workscape, and still didn't get together? It took Jun being absolutely broken down for Misa to even attempt a romantic relationship with him. And at that point, that would be terrible.

I can't believe all this happened because Jun misspoke, and then Misa didn't talk with him for a year!

Group Leader
What even is happening here anymore? They took 5 years in the hellish Japanese workscape, and still didn't get together?
I think that makes sense, no? Since they are so overwhelmed with work, they won't be able to get together, go on dates, let alone getting married. Somebody tells his boss to stfu, follow after me.

Also, this might sound rude, but I am starting to feel a little bored of the typical "hellish JP workplace" trope. Yeah, we get it, your workplace is toxic and demanding. But how long has this been going on? At this point, I am starting to lose sympathy for the JP folks. They seem to love to cry about it to the westaboos on the internet, but you'd think the next generation would have the balls to tell the old fucks to shove it and just gtfo of the office.

Criticize the western youth all you want, but I gotta admit they certainly have the guts to bark back at the previous generation for their nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
I am starting to lose sympathy for the JP folks. They seem to love to cry about it to the westaboos on the internet, but you'd think the next generation would have the balls to tell the old fucks to shove it and just gtfo of the office.
Bear in mind that mangaka are not a representative share of the general population and that, while a great many adults read manga, a disproportionate share of readers do not have a lot of work experience. And sample-selection bias will obtain in looking at people who carp in almost any context.
Criticize the western youth all you want, but I gotta admit they certainly have the guts to bark back at the previous generation for their nonsense.
Well, more accurately, Western youth bark about anything the sense of which they don't see or don't want to see. Some of it is truly nonsense; some of it is misunderstood; and some of it is sensible and understood but inconvenient.

Dex-chan lover
I think that makes sense, no? Since they are so overwhelmed with work, they won't be able to get together, go on dates, let alone getting married. Somebody tells his boss to stfu, follow after me.
Yeah, but I mean in terms of romcom, I'm not sure anyone wants to read a story about how you CAN'T escape the workplace.

Dex-chan lover
Both in childhood and as adults, their developments at various stages has largely been warped and pathetic, not beautiful. The author is a liar, full stop.
No, their relationship was pathetic. They objectively had good lives and grew up well. It was the romance itself that sucked....

Dex-chan lover
No, their relationship was pathetic. They objectively had good lives and grew up well. It was the romance itself that sucked....
Their relationship was pathetic because the characters had, at a crucial stage, developed in warped and pathetic ways that
  1. caused him to say that he hated her,
  2. caused him to fail to correct himself as swiftly as possible,
  3. caused her to shut him out completely when he began trying to apologize to her, and
  4. caused him to fail explicitly to confess to her after communication was restored.
The underlying point of chapters after they've reached adulthood is that they have not had good lives, and that he has been (further) warped and made pathetic by his life.

I have no idea why you are willing to gaslight to oppose the simple fact that the author is a liar.

Dex-chan lover
And in the end, the FMC was the only one who grew up beautifully, MC grew up to be shut in. Even the title of the damn manga is crappy.

Dex-chan lover
Their relationship was pathetic because the characters had, at a crucial stage, developed in warped and pathetic ways that
  1. caused him to say that he hated her,
  2. caused him to fail to correct himself as swiftly as possible,
  3. caused her to shut him out completely when he began trying to apologize to her, and
  4. caused him to fail explicitly to confess to her after communication was restored.
The underlying point of chapters after they've reached adulthood is that they have not had good lives, and that he has been (further) warped and made pathetic by his life.

I have no idea why you are willing to gaslight to oppose the simple fact that the author is a liar.
No, his over all life was good. They actually had problems, yes.... but in school, they were a success... they grew up healthy and were able to rekindle their friendship. It was after being in the work force that the boy had issues.

Those points you pointed out are merely problems they went through through out their good lives. And they grew up well. He was having real problems only after they grew up well.

I'm not saying I like the fact that the relationship felt so long and sh*t like that.... but just that the author didn't lie.

Disliking stuff in the story doesn't automatically mean the author lied. That's just you just having different expectations from the title...

Supporter
Bear in mind that mangaka are not a representative share of the general population and that, while a great many adults read manga, a disproportionate share of readers do not have a lot of work experience. And sample-selection bias will obtain in looking at people who carp in almost any context.
All I can hope is that reform could eventually come for them, but there just seems to be so much aversion to change like that happening.

Dex-chan lover
his over all life was good.
No, his work-life takes all his life, and has left him warped and pathetic.
in school, they were a success...
Which is not all that there is to life.
they grew up healthy and were able to rekindle their friendship.
But, being warped and pathetic, neither admitted his or her enduring love for the other at any time.
It was after being in the work force that the boy had issues.
No, prior to that, had the issue of never confessing his enduring love. But the pretense that the way in which his work-life made him still more warped and pathetic somehow doesn't count is absurd.
Those points you pointed out are merely problems they went through through out their good lives.
The pretense that difficulties that overwhelm also somehow don't count is likewise absurd. He is plainly warped and pathetic, hiding from life under his bedclothes. She too has a miserable work-life, and the only thing outside of that work-life is her relationship of long-unexpressed love for that fellow hiding from life.
And they grew up well.
Nope. They grew-up not able to express their love, and they grew-up unprepared for adult life, so that they ended-up working terrible jobs.
the author didn't lie.
Except for everywhere that he did, which began with chapter 8. The things that you don't want to count must be counted.
Disliking stuff in the story doesn't automatically mean the author lied.
No one said as much. And I've been very clear about just where he lied when you began pretending that he hadn't.
That's just you just having different expectations from the title...
No; it's just me insisting on counting the things that you want to pretend don't count.

Again, I don't know why you're trying to gaslight us; but, in any case, I don't believe that anyone will be persuaded.

Dex-chan lover
All I can hope is that reform could eventually come for them, but there just seems to be so much aversion to change like that happening.
Japan remains a very technocratic society. Many of the Japanese who regard themselves as perfectly non-Fascistic none-the-less buy into the myths of the Fascists about liberalism in general and about liberalism in Japan in the pre-Fascistic era. Meanwhile, the rest of the world becomes ever more technocratic (with most of those who style themselves with “liberal” being amongst the very worst technocrats!), so that Japanese are not furnished with a contrasting, liberal alternative.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it seems like she proposed to him because she pitied him rather than because she loved him. I would have rather that she helped him get back on his feet then proposed to him.

Users who are viewing this thread