Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
story was getting rather stale anyways with the characters barely trying to do anything to advance the plot lol its fine if they end it early better than getting milked like Kanojo Okarishimasu

Dex-chan lover
It’s rarely a “Japanese readers” thing. If this sites viewership was the metric, this series would fall short compared to others.
"Others" like Sanda, Nine Peaks, Makai no Shuyaku wa Wareware da ? Do tell me what are their metrics.

Double-page supporter
eh the ending to me was always going to be an extrovert adopting 2 introvert so this doesnt change anything

Dex-chan lover
why manga like this not popular, or maybe they just land in the wrong magazine...

Group Leader
Looks like people here are finally willing to accept that Hinaki doesn't love Shunsuke romantically and never did. As for me, I enjoyed this chapter purely because it focused on the only interesting character, Hinaki. (Kiyoka used to be interesting before her personality got surgically removed to make her fall in love with the standard bland self-insert-kun.)

While this manga does have a unique premise, I'm not surprised it got axed because the writing, while never great, has been on a steady downswing ever since the focus shifted to Shunsuke and Kiyoka's "romance." And let's be real, 4 volumes is more than a lot of manga get. Oh well!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

So please confirm: this manga will end by chapter 48 or so, right? Or that also includes the LN (or did it get axed already?)

Anyway, as cringey and garbagey as this story has been, I kept waiting for chapters to come out. I guess I liked it after all. Can't explain but it has its certain charm. Maybe the team behind it had some good things planned for it but they must have overstayed their welcome and stretched too much, and now getting axed for them will cause them to snap back too quick and now they are about to conclude the story and in probably the most awkward and rushed way we will ever see (like the Pomeko and Nyanta manga adaptation).
I guess the ending will be Shunsuke and Kiyoka will give it a go and officially date each other and Hinaki will be content to be a 3rd wheel and will continue to be with the couple, hanging out and all, with the couple not minding her going with them on dates. She is the icebreaker of the trio after all, and looks like they already hinted that Hinaki might not really be interested in romance at all and just wants to be in the company of her two best friends. Though at any rate, things will conclude upon what she will decide it to be; she is the princess childhood friend (the title) after all.

Dex-chan lover
Too bad this is getting axed. It was more thoughtful and interesting than the usual harem slop that gets popular.

Dex-chan lover
This story is as much about Shunsuke doing his romance thing, as it is about Hinaki becoming independent and letting her friend live his own life, even if it doesn't always include her. It would be really fucking weird for the two to end up as a couple, as it would go against both their plots.
The couple becomes Hinaki's subjects and she ascends to queen

Dex-chan lover
Hear me out, this will sound crazy but I am glad this series got the axe when it did. If this kept going over a 100 chapters the series would of gone full Harem. Instead of Hinaki growing up emotionally and learning to be okay being alone, it would of just been a silly love triangle full of silly drama.

I'm sad it's ending, but maybe it's for the best in the long run

Dex-chan lover
Ah Hinaki... You've been surronded by so many friends, but now you realize you too can be happy alone. So now you're empathizing better with Koiwai and Shunsuke! And now perhaps you realize, you don't need to be friends all the time.

The insecurities you felt that you were being abandoned by your friends... It's gone! But of course, Koiwai and Shunsuke are still good friends of yours. So of course you're still gonna spend time with them!

It was cute that Koiwai got new slippers thanks to a nearby grandma. And that flashback to Hinaki giving Shunsuke a piggyback ride was both wholesome and very funny!

I love these characters, and even if their story is ending, they'll forever be in my mind!
why manga like this not popular, or maybe they just land in the wrong magazine...
Definitely the wrong magazine to be honest. I feel this would have been better off as a web manga or something.

Fed-Kun's army
Well I guess it ain’t happening. Is the axe to blame or was this always going to be the development?
I don't think so, I believe at some point Hinaki was supposed to realize she had feelings for Shunsuke but due to the axe 9C preferred to go for her just accepting their relationship and moving on.

I'd say it's a decent ending I guess...

Dex-chan lover
Fk it.... If there is 4 ch left.. definitely gonna end with open ending.

I blame this on shunsuke for being so unreliable to hold the series together

Users who are viewing this thread