【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 142 - RESPONSIBILITY

Dex-chan lover
I'm not interested in debating, but I want to clarify that this is wrong: gorou isn't sarina's doctor, but an intern who visited her (and other patients who don't really have visitors) - see chapter 121.
the basis for their relationship isn't him treating her, but spending time together and bonding over Ai.
A resident doctor is still a doctor, and it doesn't say he wasn't on her care team in 121. But even assuming he wasn't they still formed their relationship during her formative years with him as a pillar of support. Is this a fair power dynamic?

Fed-Kun's army
A resident doctor is still a doctor, and it doesn't say he wasn't on her care team in 121. But even assuming he wasn't they still formed their relationship during her formative years with him as a pillar of support. Is this a fair power dynamic?
Yes it is. A relationship is not a communist class warfare situation with "power dynamics" and etc.

People with more life experience are better partners because they can help you avoid mistakes that otherwise would harm you or deeply regret later.

I'd rather have my 16yo daughter date a 28 yo guy with a job and a stable background than some horny dude around her age that will probably never marry her and doesn't even know what he wants from life.

Supporter
Why the hell is your reaction to that "Who knows"? Doctor's should not be making on patients, even if they're 18!!
She was crazy for him but, although he had a certain fondness for her as a person, he would only listen to her on any greater level than that when she became legal. No guarantees, but he'd listen.

Also, as others have pointed out, while he was a doctor, he was never her doctor.

Dex-chan lover
I think, if anything.......this is the last wall Aqua/Goro have to cross for the revenge plan.....no matter what he choose to.

Putting aside Ruby/Sarina's excitement, what the writers said is 100% spon on. In-universe, this movie will ruin a lot of people's name and reputation, also the declaration of war toward dad. Just like a certain someone said......
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
If Aqua/Goro really does being serious toward his revenge, one kiss is all that remains toward the finish line...unless those 2 writers also write a bed scene

But at the same time, Aqua's reluctance as a (former) adult and current biological brother of Ruby/Sarina is natural. I mean, just look at Ruby. Who knows what Sarina will do next if he gave her what she wanted :worry:
And like it or now, this could and would be the 'pot calling kettle black' point in future confrontation with the Kamiki.

Also while it was being talked about, Memcho is also right. A kiss scene between 2 rising stars gonna be the main point that sell the movies. Content of the movie is important, but they have to appeal to as many people as well to see the movie.
The kiss is the perfect bait.
I kinda feel Frill would be the next victim of Hikaru Kamiki. Hopefully not coz, well, Frill's "connections" will not let Kamiki live another day

Dex-chan lover
I kinda feel Frill would be the next victim of Hikaru Kamiki. Hopefully not coz, well, Frill's "connections" will not let Kamiki live another day
Judging from dad-of-the-year attitude shown so far tho, he probably will aim fellow 'star of lie' users......which means Ruby and maybe Akane.

After all, Kamiki has indirect access to know how the shooting goes; and more than often the case of a SA victim become a SP themselves........though knowing Hacka Akasaka, that would be too cliche of a reason :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Judging from dad-of-the-year attitude shown so far tho, he probably will aim fellow 'star of lie' users......which means Ruby and maybe Akane.

After all, Kamiki has indirect access to know how the shooting goes; and more than often the case of a SA victim become a SP themselves........though knowing Hacka Akasaka, that would be too cliche of a reason :huh:
HAqua is already prepared for that, this is why he prepared too many baits for Kamiki - an all-star cast. Haqua is === raring to kill === or should I say 'hunt'.

Dex-chan lover
look at these people condemning a fictional event, nobody went apeshit when eren kiled 80% of humanity, manga is not real, this is a non existent problem, if you really have a problem with this i advise you to make movement to jail eppstein island guests, that is a real vile event that took place in a real world

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me, or the Aka trying to share his own take on the Sexy Tanaka-san mangaka's suicide in this chapter...? If so, it feels a little too right-wing to me, focused on the idea that the creators are the ones who must take the consequences of stories seriously, which it's actually repressive corporate policies of silence and forced assent that lead to more "consequences".

Maybe it's just in my head, though.

That aside, I have a feeling this kiss is going to be legendary. I want a two-page spread, multiple Kana reaction faces, and Ruby saying "are you sure we don't need to do another take? 100% sure?"... I feel like it might be the last "fun" moment (of course not fun to readers who cringe at incest, I know it's just pure torture to them) before we move on to real drama with Sarina's mom and Kamiki probably pulling something.

Dex-chan lover
Mind filling in the details of the manga? Please share the link of this title.
Anyway writer suicides seems common in Japan, especially the bad ones, like E-musu Aki, who created Devilchi.

At least the writer of Act-Age let out his inner demon, and chose prison, or he wasn't able to suppress it much longer. Well this seems to be the case also for the one that directed Deca-Dence, Your Name, Weathering With You. They have that much dark craving.
Is it just me, or the Aka trying to share his own take on the Sexy Tanaka-san mangaka's suicide in this chapter...? If so, it feels a little too right-wing to me, focused on the idea that the creators are the ones who must take the consequences of stories seriously, which it's actually repressive corporate policies of silence and forced assent that lead to more "consequences".

Maybe it's just in my head, though.

That aside, I have a feeling this kiss is going to be legendary. I want a two-page spread, multiple Kana reaction faces, and Ruby saying "are you sure we don't need to do another take? 100% sure?"... I feel like it might be the last "fun" moment (of course not fun to readers who cringe at incest, I know it's just pure torture to them) before we move on to real drama with Sarina's mom and Kamiki probably pulling something.

Dex-chan lover
I compare it more to how Aka had been handling Aqua x Ruby all these time actually. The situation behind the mangaka suicide is different.

If you want to write something controversial, you can’t just then play it safe when you think the fallout is gonna be bigger than you think you can handle.

Aqua wants the story that would cause big conversation involving reputation of people like his father and Airi. While there are movie aficionado who appreciate flexible actors, there might people who have bad image of actor because of the role they play, like Kana playing Nino, or Frill agreeing for sex scene. Himekawa also risk of being talked as an illegitimate child born from sex offender.
But when it came to the part where Aqua must do kissing scene with Ruby for acting. There’s uncertainty about his public image (will the public be like people in this thread who cries about incest), he knew Ruby likes him so this might give her green light and things difficult for him to handle in later days. He chicken out and wants to step back to the safety line.
Yoriko reminds him, he can’t expect to save only his own arse like that. You asked for it, so eat it.

Back to the thing about comparing to Aka. Ever since he brings up about Ruby confirming her feeling, Aka had stepped back and play it like a joke for fan service. It’s safe, no matter what Aqua answer or how Ruby flirt, it will be “just a joke” situation.
This time, I hope he really confront the issue seriously. Ruby is finally talking to Aqua with air that say “I’m talking serious here”. Ruby had conveyed her side of feeling, she loves him, and also bring up the possible relationship in their past life.
Aqua must not just shrug it away, or divert the topic just to avoid answering if he has that kind of feeling or tell Ruby he does not want it (period). That’s his responsibility as someone who is loved, and Aka’s responsibility for creating this situation in the first place, there must be conclusion.

Well, keeping the situation as “not answered yet, not off the table” always fires up the fandom when the fan service is thrown, so there’s temptation to keep that gun loaded and free to use every time. So if Aqua already give the definitive answer, it might not be usable anymore, at least not like now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread