【Oshi no Ko】

Dex-chan lover
"A never-before-seen point of view on the entertainment industry centered around a cute idol heroine"

This is funny AF. It doesn't actually tell you anything about what this manga is about. And worst of all:

That same plot-line could be aplied to a manga like Hagure Idol, that is not only drastically different in it's approach but also incredibly infamous for it's first part.

Dex-chan lover
Why would you assume everyone is here just cuz it kaguyas author?
Here because of Kuzu no Honkai's author.

But yes, the whole worshiping the author like he's the best ever because they got fazed by Kaguya gets tiring quick.
If everyone could talk more about the story rather than praising the author...

Alternative, avoid the comment section.

Well the story seems interesting so far, but it's because I already read a few of Akasaka work's before so I know I'll probably like it.

I started reading it because of Akasaka and I didn't like the first 2-3 chapters.

So, I put it on hold, because I believe there is a possibility that Ayasaka might pull it off. And it might be true seeing the rising ratings. I might start reading again if it crosses 8.5.

It's not bad that people are starting because of the author because the author earned his reputation. On the contrary if the work end up being subpar he will lose reputation.

Fed-Kun's army
Imagine being here because of kuzu no degenerate author

Not everyone here is a fan of Kaguya, and some are also/instead fans of Instant Bullets.

Just found a gem www, since the cover didn't catch me at first and i'm neither interested in Aka nor Mengo.

At first I found the way the kids acted (read: being obsessed with their mother) logical (since they’re fans) but pretty creepy. And not to mention the circumstances of Ai being a teen mom is also really gross - young girls in the ent industry getting groomed and manipulated....

But I’m happy to know that’s only the set up and we’re moving past that. I really dig the revenge plot that Aqua is going for.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
The art is really pretty, and the author and artist are attached to some big projects.

But damn the atmosphere in this is weird. It's not really cheerful but it isn't really full of despair or anything either. There's no ups or downs. It just hovers on the edge of just a little bit anxious but not really. Like it's trying to convey a bad situation in tone, but nothing bad is actually happening. The few jokes don't really land either.

It's a weird manga.

Fed-Kun's army
I really hope nothing too tragic than what was established happens. Given how dark the idol world is I worry for Ruby.

Migh and his commenting fetish for this series ffs, from what I've read from his third first comments I really don't see why anyone is giving him attention, he just acts like a degenerate pile of edgy shit to me.

Users who are viewing this thread