Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Fight For My Sake

Dex-chan lover
Bruh please just take an extra month and read through this and fix it up… there is no way in hell that anyone who has English as a first language can read this and say it makes any damn sense.. :/ I’d rather wait 2 months for a damn chapter than whatever this has been for a while now.
you know you can either join their group and try applying as a quality checker if they're recruiting instead of being a dick and just whining right?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL y'all

So! As a preamble, the chapter, overall, is understandable - I just have a few (read: a lot of) minor nitpicks that (imo) help improve the flow of the dialogue. You can, of course, just ignore all of this, so I'll put it all in a spoiler tag. Without further ado...

p.5
the elf guy's speech is a little... weird? "I, too, have some bad behaviors" -> "I, too, have some bad habits" I think? Regardless, all of his dialogue in that panel feels off

"at least I and Carla-san" -> "at least Carla-san and I"

p.6
"You are the Saint, even if a fake one" -> "Even if you're a/the fake Saint"

p.8
"I'm sorry. If only I don't harbor this feeling" -> "I'm sorry. If only I didn't harbor these feelings"

p.10
"You're fine like that" -> "you're fine just the way you are"

"Tell your feelings to Leon properly" (or -> "Tell Leon how you feel properly")

p.11
"Even so, tell him your feelings one more time" or -> "tell him how you feel one more time"

It's funny because it's so inconsistent
On the same page, "I'll also tell him my feelings" is properly pluralized, yet all those previous instances aren't lol
On that note, "I'll also tell him my feelings" is fine but "I'll also tell him how I feel" might work better

p.13
"but from their expression, their heart aren't in this place -> "but from their expressions, their hearts aren't in it"
Gotta stick with a consistent verb tense

p.14
"I'm considering seriously about love" is... technically fine, but "anguishing" or "agonizing" works better than "considering" here
"I'm (seriously) anguishing about love too!" or "I'm (seriously) agonizing about love too!" ("seriously" isn't really necessary, but if you want to keep it for emphasis, it works better when placed before the verb)

"What can defeat the gigantic monster that even Luxion cannot defeat is love" -> "The one thing that can defeat the gigantic monster, that even Luxion can't defeat, is love"

"that can be replacement for these guys" -> "that can be a replacement for these guys" or "that can replace these guys"

p.15
"The Principality despicably bring monster and invade our kingdom's territory" -> "despicably brought a monster into and invaded our Kingdom's territory"

"Now is the time to risk our life" -> "now is the time to risk our lives" or, even more 'royal', so to speak: "now is the time to lay down our lives"

p.16
"In this critical juncture" -> "At this critical juncture"

p.19
"You all are the one who fabricate the accusation" -> "you all/you lot are the ones who fabricated the/those accusations"

p.20
"If the circumstance is like this" -> "under these circumstances" or "if it's like this"

p.22
"Having connection to the Principality behind the scene" -> "Having a connection to the Principality behind the scenes" or "Having connections to the Principality behind the scenes"

"why are we the traitors"

p.26
"don't let that guy, Bartfort to do as he pleases" -> "Don't let that brat, Bartfort, do as he pleases"
(Dude's a conniving, elitist dumbass, he'd probably call Bartfort a brat, or a kid, or something else condescending, not just "that guy" imo)

"that guy is also as dangerous or perhaps even more than that" -> "is just as dangerous... or perhaps even more so"

p.27
If this was all the proof that I have, then even his majesty and the queen wouldn't take action" -> "If this was all the proof I had, then their majesties wouldn't be taking action"

"They allowed this to happen means that's just how unshakeable the proof that's in my possession" -> "That they allowed this to happen means that that's just how unshakeable the proof that's in my possession is"
Or if that's too long, "Them allowing this to happen means that's just how unshakeable the proof I have is"
Or even shorter, "They allowed this to happen - that just shows how unshakeable my proof is"

p.29
"Now then, do you understand now?" -> unnecessary redundancy, "Now then, do you understand?" or "Do you understand now?" or even "Understand?" all work better in this context

"The Kingdom is in danger because of your fault" -> "The Kingdom is in danger because of you" or "The Kingdom being in danger is your fault"

p.30
"You're judged as a danger because you're just a kid of that level" doesn't really make that much sense
Taking into account the context, it should be something closer to -> "You're considered dangerous because you're just a kid, yet you have that much/so much power" or "You're considered dangerous because you're just a kid with too much power"

"And it's you who caused this country to get destroyed by the Principality before it get destroyed by me"
-> "And it's you who will cause this country to be destroyed (by the Principality) before I get to do it" to change the tense, or
-> And it's you who caused this country to get destroyed (by the Principality) before it got destroyed by me" if you want to keep the cadence you used when translating
By the Principality can be omitted but keeping it in still works

There's a lot of ways that could be worded tbh lol

p.31
"a brat who doesn't understand politic" -> "politics" or "who doesn't understand realpolitik" (very similar error on page 33)

"do you understand just how much I've been devoting my effort for the sake of the country" -> y'all combined like 3 different sentences for this one lol
"do you understand just how much I've devoted/been devoting to this country"
"do you understand just how much effort I've devoted/been devoting to this country"
"do you understand just how much I've devoted/been devoting for the sake of the country"

p.32
"you guys push the Kingdom into danger" -> "pushed the Kingdom into danger"

p.36
"just what in the world they were doing" -> just what in the world were they doing"

"such thing often happened even in the country of my previous life" -> "such things often happened in my previous life"; it's not necessary to put "the country" here, as Japan is mentioned in the next sentence

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so what was up with the kings and queens reactions to such a normal reply?

Dex-chan lover
I do feel for Livia. I am glad she and Angie have a good relationship. The kinda polygamy I am ok with is when the male and wives aren't only in love, but the wives love each other too. That seems the only case for a healthy polygamist relationship to work.

Also, lol, get fucked piece of shit Marquis. Looks like a new high rank position is opening up for Leon to take over after he saves the kingdom.

Double-page supporter
This is guy was so full of himself that even if Leon died, the Principality would still destroy them all regardless what he offers to them. Hell I even believe he will find someone else to blame for it in his last dying breath. Can anyone explain why the King got mad while Mylene is happy about Leon saying "if that is what your majesty wishes for"? Thanks for the translations.
Should be shown soon why the King was mad over that.
if you want to know now well the King is an attention whore and doesn't like it when someone steals his spotlight, Leons' line shifted the attention to Leon, even if he didn't mean it.

Dex-chan lover
Remember when the setting was supposed to be women hold all the power culturally?

Yet here we are with a bunch of men deciding the fate of the kingdom. There is only one woman present and she is doing practically nothing.

I hate when settings aren't internally consistent.

Dex-chan lover
Here is what I don't get, polygamy is allowed in this society. So what is the problem with Livia and Angie both marrying Leon? they both love him and they both care about each other very much. So this seems like the best solution.

This is one of the very few times where I support the harem rout. But then again this manga actually built up both Livia and Angie to the point we're both are the best choice for Leon. Most harem manga can't write character development to save there life.

Dex-chan lover
QC has really been lacking for a few chapters now.

Remember when the setting was supposed to be women hold all the power culturally?

Yet here we are with a bunch of men deciding the fate of the kingdom. There is only one woman present and she is doing practically nothing.

I hate when settings aren't internally consistent.
I do agree that at times it felt like author was forgetting about the whole matriarchy thing, but i think with war going on the whole hierarchy is thrown out of the window (see beginning of chapter 51). Also, i might be remembering wrong, but weren't women of this world not involved in military or something? Not much for them to decide during the war, if that's the case.

Dex-chan lover
Here is what I don't get, polygamy is allowed in this society. So what is the problem with Livia and Angie both marrying Leon? they both love him and they both care about each other very much. So this seems like the best solution.

This is one of the very few times where I support the harem rout. But then again this manga actually built up both Livia and Angie to the point we're both are the best choice for Leon. Most harem manga can't write character development to save there life.
It could be because of the difference in status. Livia has also been shown to have zero confidence in herself, so to her if it does end in polygamy it’ll feel like they are showing pity to her by allowing her to marry Leon as well. But with her and Leon making big contributions to the war effort it should allow for her to be able to accept it.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Dude, the TL is so weird to read, soooooo many mistakes that I legit thought it was a snipe at first. It's been a while since the last chapter but I really think the TL is worse than before, but I'd have to check.

Users who are viewing this thread