Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Sky Pirate Subjugation II

@BlackHoxton

Sweet, here we go~

When did "I" call her a bitch? The self insertion was saying in a similar situation the fault is not on one party, if anything you're the one knighting here. The reaction the MC had, and the one I expressed, is equally being "human" You clapping back at someone subjectively like that is just going to get it used back at you. Also your insult is awesome, it definitely hurt my feelings and I feel oh so bad about myself.

Relationships can be feeble, and if that was enough for them to go off on a childish tangent and break it, then that's a shit mental. Some people aren't that forgiving. "They took all their chances to grow" there is a better way to put that point across, but they did not. As is Leon's response wrong, as he could have handled that a lot better, but he did not.

kekw smooth brainer. Some of these people man

Group Leader
"Let me go out and fight! I know I'll just be a burden to you but I don't care, I want to fight even if it burdens you greatly and I end up dying!"

Double-page supporter
Why is MC helping them? They are his enemies. They made it clear that they will do everything in their power to hinder MC. So why is MC helping them?
It seems extremely stupid. It's like helping robber pull a trigger of a gun pointed at yourself.

Man, this chapter completely blew me away. I enjoy this series, but I don't really consider it a source of good writing, it's just a well humored romp that knows what it is and leans into that. If this is gonna be the standard moving forward, or at the very least if I can expect more chapters of this quality, I'm gonna have to completely reevaluate. Some insanely well done character development going on here.

Dex-chan lover
Just face the music, madam
Your son is a moron
thank for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@KamiKira00 Honestly, you could probably attribute some of the help the MC is giving to the 5 idiots as a reflection on his own actions. He was robbing everyone of growth. He acknowledged that he hasn't really been fair to Olivia, and by extension the idiot brigade. So them speaking up and asking lead him to reflect and say yes. He knows he isn't likely in any danger, but it is a period of time for everyone to grow. His mistakes with Olivia kinda get repeated a bit, even if he realizes stuff later on.

Volumes 4 and 5 kinda show
how badly Leon misjudges the girls. He still tries not to get involved in lives overtly, and really can't believe anyone could be romantically interested in him. It causes everyone to misread his intentions as he doesn't realize things himself. Leon learns perfectly well that you can kick plot to the curb because their existence in the story literally changes things. If the script has already gone off rails, trying to force it back on never works out well. But simultaneously he still doesn't believe anyone could be interested in him. It literally takes Angie and Livia basically forcing his hand in marriage to make him realize they love him. He still doesn't realize anyone else can as well, and to his benefit (and suffering) probably doesn't assume anyone else will.

I'm not sure if you can chalk it up to just being Japanese Protagonist, as the society he grew up a second time in basically enforced a feeling of worthlessness on him. His best propositions literally was finding the least offensive noble female of a certain rank. He rose up to high to get away with marrying Livia as an option at all (and once she became Saintess, it would have been to low), and Angie is literally the daughter of a Duke who was to be married to the Crown Prince. A lot of conditioning that makes it less obvious to him along with the whole Japanese protag thing.

Honestly, the only character Leon ever intentionally flirts with is the Queen. I think as of volume six, the implied harem members are
Angie, Livia (both of which are betrothed/married to him), Noel, Louise, and the Queen. Not as strongly confirmed are Deirdre (hasn't really appeared yet), Clarice (Jilk's former fiance), and Hertrude (she's the least likely).

Marie is a constant side character in the LNs, she easily gets the second most attention paid to her out of every character. Not sure how volume 6+ will handle her, but I think she is a bit to popular to drop either way.

To everyone who complains about Leon not being an adult. . . he did say he was a shitty person. Luxon loves giving him a hard time over all of those sorts of choices, as exemplified here. Leon says that he wants to hang back and just relax (insert most every isekai protag here) but honestly he loves being that asshole that rubs in how piss poor everyone else is. He'll bury his grievance with a fake smile, but lord over his position.

@TheDopeMan

It's because if he did only just console her , it would only only confirm for her that she is indeed his pet. If he were to try and intervene, and continue solving all her problems for her, it would only continue showing to her, that he is taking care of her. And just in this chapter, when she confronted him about the reason why he has been taking care of her, he can't exactly just say "it's out of guilt for cheating you out of your potential pay 2 win gear", nor can he give her a good enough in-universe reason that she won't misunderstand as pity or because he thinks of her as a pet. And this is because he's basically clearly stated to her before that he had no interest in courting her at all. Therefore in her mind, because of the constant reinforcement from her "peers", that noblemen and commoner's can't be friends, she can only think that he's only being nice to her because he pities her and is taking care of her out of charity, like a pet.

There's very little Leon can do for her that won't be misinterpreted as further acts of pity at this point. And that's mostly because Leon and Marie kind of also stole key plot essential moments of growth from Olivia. Keep in mind that the only reason why Olivia was successful in the game, was the coincidence of plot progression that granted her the status of sainthood, after all her feats she did in game and self-confidence gained from her mental growth while progressing through said game. So the interference against key plot points, at the very least, negates the growth / effects that are supposed to happen to Olivia, if she is to succeed. So at this point she has neither the self-confidence in her worth as a person, nor does she have the tangible capital necessary to further grow, progress, and prove herself.

Group Leader
@Tamult honestly if he stays like an asshole i will drop this don't get me wrong I like asshole character like grid from overgeard or HLCW but this mc seems like one of those ntr ugly bastard

Dex-chan lover
@Kcjpunk I'm not sure where you see ntr ugly bastard at all. The last thing Leon tries to do is just get women to whet his appetite. The only one you could argue would be the Queen, but that is a whole can of worms. He's villainous towards his enemies, sure, but their enemies have never played nice. Exhibit A) the five idiots had his sister plant a bomb on his mech. Exhibit B) Earl's daughter who trashed Livia's room and caused her breakdown. Exhibit C) Sky Pirates who basically implied rape and sexual slavery. The worst his behavior ever gets from what I've read is basically in line with what he did in the mech match. And to be fair, his arrogance (the name of the mech which is a heavy lampshade since he doesn't understand English very well) is a core facet of his character even if it is somewhat earned.

There is very little to match Leon's actions or personality to pretty much any NTR . . . antagonist. . . for lack of a better word. The only character with any relationship he seems to actively gun for is the Queen, and it is implied that
the King and the Queen have a relatively loveless marriage. The King has multiple mistresses and a son from them, but oddly the Queen only has Julius from their marriage. No spare for the heir. I think that implies the relationship was consummated for the sake of duty. . .

If you can't handle his nature coming out in those moments, some of which is him hamming it up to play a bigger villain, I can't tell you to continue. It happens infrequently, but certainly makes him a mite more human than the generic isekai protagonist whose 'bad points' are generally treated as him being cool. I'm relatively certain the author states that the girls like him in spite of his awful personality at times, rather than purely for it.

Group Leader
@Tamult was not talking about the bad guys was talking about the girls next to him how he treats them also ntr ugly bastard was joke dnt take it seriously :LOL

Aggregator gang
@Harsh_Solanki
Well, after a while she cool her head and realize that she was wrong by saying that to leon (even though without her knowing that she told the truth to leon) she tried to apologize but the sky pirates are attacking at the moment but she keep trying yo talk with leon some robots are there to stop her but her power stunt them and she reach partner's deck at that moment the sky pirate's leader appers and try to capture livia bu Brad and Greg protect her, Leon Saw this and Snap thanks to his fight with livia he was already thinking because he is a mob he should be close to Livia watching brand and greg saving livia feel so natural for them to do and leon Said that he is a mob and he was never ment to be with Livia becoming more merciless with arroganz, brad and Greg are defeated and livia try to run but the pirate's leader threat her with killing brad and greg at that moment Arroganz's Hit Launch him out of the way at that moment Livia is Happy and Glad to See arroganz but soon she feel Fear by watching Arroganz, by her PoV Arroganz was this Cute and funny armor but Now It looks Evil and Merciless this is a Reflection of Leon's Mentality at the moment, he feel frustrated by the sight of Livia and the two idiots ( he had yet to realize his feelings for Livia) at the end of the Fight, Leon called her Olivia and she start to cry feeling the Gap in the Relationship got Bigger. Later angie Shows up and Slap Leon for making Cry Livia but she is in the same situation with her relationship with livia so she can't said nothing aginst Leon. This will continue until the Ambush of the Principality at the school trip where Livia Tell leon that it has to be Him Not other Guys this destroy Any escape for Leon using the Excuse of the Game's plot, he accepts that his actions already destroyed the Game's plot and refuse to Leave Livia in the hand of the Useless five.

Even if His protection was the correct Action ( and after Reading what would happened to Livia if Marie Didn't get involved and she gets Leon's protection, we as readers Knows it was the correct choice but for them it would be unknow what happened in marie's route) but even if i was the right choice Livia's words points out a fatal flaw in leon's character , his Overprotection and how out of touch he is with the reality around him, his overprotection is the reason why marie was such spoiled brat in their previous life he didn't allow her to face the fallout of her actions until he died and by that marie had to suffer a lot after that and looking how he never look livia, angie or the five idiots as a persons but as fictional characters bound to a plot, he even belived that his actions wouldn't affect the plot if you see he keep saying this world is that Otome game he refuse to view the world as a reality until he is in danger until livia points out how he treat her as pet this mentality of leon start to shatter and is finally broken at he end of the arc.

in Marie's route Leons accept the world as Real and start to get involved with it stopping the final bosses ahead of time, this allow to discover the plot of the principality and saving both princess (only one survive in the main series) also Leon Recover one of the Artifacts of the Saint and marie's used discovering that the artifact is haunted by the vengenful spirit of the saint that try to take over her descendants bodies (Livia and Marie are her descendants) thanks to marie Strong Mentality she can't be possessed but Livia in the other hand is suffering a lot (she even had mental breakdowns when she is alone saying "it will be fine, it will be fine, it will be fine, it will be fine" that was hard and sad to read after 3 volumes building her character) and got possessed when she found the artifact in the dungeon and now the saint use her body to destroy the kingdom.

With Luxion let's remember he is a AI even if he can show some emotions he still ruled by logic and results, he only said that leons protection was bad in the long run because Livia lacked of "spiritual Growth" but later he points out that thanks Leon protection she was able to focus in her studies and became better at magic when she use powers that in the game would need the Saint's artifacts to use it (also he have no way to know anything of what happened in other timeline so he can only criticize leon by the result he had witness)

Aggregator gang
@Takaflame
Marie will never join the Harem, she has her own harem, a bunch of useless guys but they will improve... hopefully, Leon and Marie are incapable to have Any Romantic interaction with eachother, their interactions as siblings are pretty Realistic and not in the Alabama way. But She Will be close to Leon after the arc ends.

it's okey she will be a bitch until her plan as saint backfire ande Onii-chan save her ass

Double-page supporter
@ZeroEx94
Interesting. What happened to Mc's real sisters and family in this world? I remember the old one being a brocon too.

@Takaflame
Marie IS his real sister from his previous life. My memory is mixed up since I've read the WN too, but I think it has been pretty heavily implied in the manga, no?

Aggregator gang
@momamo
i think he is talking about her other 2 sister in his current life the elder and the youngest one

@Takaflame
thanks to Leon's action at the end of the Arc Leon destroy the Slave-lover system( because her sister salve- lover betrayed leon the men in the kingdom use this as a chance to abolish the system and they did it )and the woman lose power giving men more power but the fact there are less men than women turn the table in how man have more power in who to married with basically now the woman have to simp men if they want to get married, thanks to this his elder sister have to recive a special trainning to be a proper lady so much for her entitled personality

His little sister is Unknow most likely she is reciving the same trainning before she enters the academy, right now leon is outside in another country dealing with the second game's plot but the third game plot is set in the kingdom as well by marie's words so if the author decide to do something with the third game plot she probably will have more screen time

Double-page supporter
@momamo Lol not that what ZeroEx94 said is right.

@ZeroEx94
Got it thanks man so it sounds like the manga has a lot to cover we gonna be in this for a long time.

@Verypeeved I know your pfp you are a man of culture.

Users who are viewing this thread