Otoyomegatari - Vol. 14 Ch. 96 - Homeward-bound

Dex-chan lover
@nutman451 Oh yeah we had that little talk about Kiyo's situation, i didn't even notice it was you, even in a limited environment like MD it is difficult to remember everyone we talk to. I am a guy, just for the ease of future talks.

I forgot to account that you may have been talking more about the "race" thing and less about "women condition", she will sure deal with some shit, the little i got from Smith's family is that they are the "common high class" and he is the weird one, but putting Talas personality in consideration... she is made of stern stuff, the girl gone ways to achieve her love and Henry will be by her side.

"Funny" enough i am not worried that some of them might die, i am worried is what will happen to their lives AFTER the conflict, i dont know all the detail of this particular conflict but by what people have posted in manga comment sections their land will be pretty much ravaged and with how things turn after a war is just as bad as it is during. Just imagining this situation scares me... even if they are just fictional characters, which speaks volumes of Mori-sensei's ability to write.

On another topic, i read a one-shot by Mori-sensei some months ago, it was a fantasy setting and i really thought that when she ends Otoymegatari she should do something in the fantasy genre.

>tmw you can't be paid to go on months-long adventures throughout multiple countries and receive an estate as a gift at the end of it

why live

Double-page supporter
I guess thats it with Nikolovsky and Henry. Henrys adventure was my favourite part of this series. I guess we are now going back to the territory disputes with amir and karluk.

It transferring to make a new magazine worth it is a bit weird, but as long as the quality of the drawings stays this great it doesnt matter. The drawings have a real charm to it for me just like berserk.

Double-page supporter
That would’ve been a hilarious ending. Literally no brides. Just Nikolovsky handing over a souvenir that is barely worth mentioning.

@alacaelum
Oh yea, Talas is gonna be fine regardless of how she's treated in Britain. The whole story about her waiting for Henry in a town while her funds are dwindling shows she got nerves of wolverin's adamantium ballsack. Though i honestly find the resolution to this unrealistic, but thats my opinion

I'm not familiar with World War 1 let alone the Mediterranean front between the Ottomans and the Russian Empire. However I don't see Mori as the doomer type (Talas's journey as evidence). It's very likely that the story ends around the start of WW1 proper and the epilogue is after WW1 with an adult Karluk leading his family with Amira to rebuild a devastated village countryside, it's hardwork and will take generations to rebuild what was lost but there's still hope for a better life. Hell maybe Smith and Talas come back as Humanitarian aides from Britain and the League of Nations that are totally doing their jobs right and are deffinitely not an tool used by the remaining imperial powers to exploit other vulnerable nations that would lead to another devastating world war. And everyone lives happily ever after since world war 2 doesn't have a Steppe theater IIRC

Pretty much Dungeon Meshi has that covered, but hey, more monster girl meidos ala Mori art direction isn't something I'll be complaining about.

@Jeraflare
I can't shake the suspicion that the gaijin dude palmed off something incriminating, to Nik. If i were him i'd sell the house ASAP or give the deed to some sod in the streets (granted I have the hindsight of history on my side). I just hope the property doesn't bite Nik in the long run.

@Zero13
I thought the territory dispute is over and now we're on Karluk's training arc for the next Mongolian tournament arc.

Pretty sure it's to drive interest in to the fledgling magazine. From what I understand the magazine is an attempt to mix several genres in to one magazine, so it included some-what popular series and up-coming projects in hopes of diversifying readers taste. As long as production and quality remains the same, ain't nothing to complain about

It almost looked like Niko walked across town to see Mr. Hawkins. I think the months-long trip back to Ankara could have been better indicated than by two panels of a leafless tree.

Dex-chan lover
People that are lamenting the few months we'll have to way for the new chapter probably don't read "Houseki no Kuni". What the mangaka of that one did on Christmas day no less is hard to believe if someone tell you, plus the next chapter should take six months.

Dex-chan lover
The first half of the chapter felt like a death flag, but thankfully there's no danger of that applying to a Kaoru Mori work ...right?

The universe is conspiring to delay showing how Karluk, Amir, and the rest of the gang are doing for as long as possible.

TSP

Group Leader
@Spinaple (Just in case...) 4/20 is when it comes out, not when we release it :<

@starartx Hahaha.... What break? xD (Apart from our regular monthly load of other series, we are going to be pulling out some stuff from our backlog and going ham on that before Otoyo comes back xD)

Users who are viewing this thread