Part 1 of the upgrade has been completed! Your feedback on site speed is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
I am happy to announce that part 1 of the upgrade has been completed.

The old server could no longer support the website and the database together, due to the volume of users.

The website itself has been moved to a more powerful server, with twice the bandwidth, concluding part 1 of the upgrade.

Tomorrow, the database itself will also be moved to another server, also with twice the bandwidth.

This should mean that we have enough headroom to double our current userbase before potentially considering the next upgrade.

Let me know if this upgrade has improved your browsing experience!

Holo

Power Uploader
For me the site loads waaaay faster then before, the images still need some more time, but still way better then before.
Thanks! :)

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, you can definitely tell the loading time difference.

Aggregator gang
Loading time and reaction time are greatly increased. Never had a 502 error since the upgrade, too.

Faster loading yes but the updates page still gets broken randomly. It just stops displaying any new mangas and wont let you go to any other pages they're just blank. It sometimes fixes itself for a minute or two but then breaks again when you try to go to a new page. It sucks and is kinda infuriating, I have no filters and nothing should be causing it on my end. Atm it only wants to show 67 new manga nothing beyond that, dunno if it's intended to do it but it's definitly annoying.

Miku best girl
Admin
Can you take a screenshot so the devs can investigate?

https://imgur.com/a/hSzYGgL

Here's pictures of the empty page and the updates page limiting to a certain amount. Sometimes it just doesn't let me beyond the first page at all. When it decides to work is entirely random I haven't been able to do anything that fixes it at all.

There's definitely a noticeable increase in load speeds, and no more 502 errors. A fantastic improvement. Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread