PEEP - Ch. 4 - Sin and Trash

Supporter
This author loves writing soy boys who get manipulated and abused by women. Talk about self insert fantasy mixed with trauma.

Dex-chan lover
All I wanted was a public vote for these tags...
And now, I lost even my power to edit Hajimete no Gal.
Great.View attachment 4582
I am assuming you also removed the erotica tag which I can't defend. But mods adding the sexual violence tax and removing your rights to edit an unrelated manga is just them power tripping out of spite, desperately trying to prove they are better than you. Hopefully you will keep uploading on other sites if one of the mods has another melty and nukes you. Or perhaps another completely unrelated group that totally isn't you will pick this and hajimete no gal up on here again.

Dex-chan lover
I just care that this should be done in a public vote, and not behind closed doors in the blink of an eye.
MangaDex staff stand to lose more than just having a manga mislabeled. There are laws in some countries around exposure to sensitive or explicit materials, and not following these laws can get MangaDex banned there. Of course they will default to the strictest tags and won't ask anyone's opinion.
Are they powertripping? Maybe, but we don't have the right of a public vote here anyway

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
man i dont know what the sigma should i feel about this. guy is a big fucking spineless coward and i get pissed reading, but on the other hand hes realistic, and i feel good about characters being realistic.

on the other hand, damn the girl really called him there to face humiliation huh. she could have told the scouter off easily. i am intrigued to see how this manipulation will go.

Dex-chan lover
it was erotica from the start. I think sexual violence was ambiguous before this chapter. someone having a depraved fantasy when they are clearly too restrained to ever act on it isn't sexual violence in my eyes. just intrusive thoughts.

I don't think it matters here, but in general I think this is a pretty bad yard stick. frequency absolutely affects a content warning. You can say one "fuck" or show a few butts and not be R rated. A manga that has nipples once early on and never again is not erotica and maybe not even suggestive depending on context (e.g. it was in a normal bath scene).

At the end of the day we're westerners arguing about content policies from Japanese publishers. Those sensibilites should be taken into account instead of going "butt? Erotica" or "forced kiss? Sexual violence"

----------------------

Also, this drama against scanslators who already are in low supply only hurts readers and the site. If it gets too bad, they (and by extension, we) will simply migrate off. Especially ecchi readers like us, we're used to needing to migrate and backup our shit, because this drama loves targeting us, who just wanna be left in our little corner. You can't be spamming donation links to keep a site up while harassing the people who provide your content.

I really don't wanna die on the hill for fucking Hajimete no Gal. But clearly something personal occured if an unrelated manga's permissions were also hit (one that has almost 200 chapters and is very consistent in content).

Also, really stupid for a forum site to be referred to a different forum site to resolve issues. You build out an entire communication network but have no arbitration on that same site? No wonder they couldn't get them working again for 3 years.
I think that stuff like this can be a bit demotivating. At this rate it’s hard to defend not having an erotica tag, but still it’s not fun when your work and even more the artist’s don’t reach out to as many as it could. For some of us spreading the popularity and love of the manga is our main motivation for scanlating.
It’s also a bit sad that this case wasn’t handled better, especially since the mods were already discussing this topic internally. It somewhat ended turning out almost the worst way it could.

Dex-chan lover
What's wrong with him?
There's a hint that he had some trauma in his childhood changing him and completely losing faith in himself, but we really don't know much about it as of yet. I even had some hypothesis that it was Sakurasawa and she actually died and he's psychotic and sees others as her the entire time, but at this rate this is going to be a stretch. Still stories like that with unreliable narrators are fun.

Otherwise he's the stereotypical insecure teen boy, like the whole thing started out with him calling her a slut despite her showing no signs of that except in his mind and delusions, honestly thinking someone is a onlyfans whore because of a similar mole is sort of stretching it and is in looney area, and he in that case he stalked her and tried to talk her out of it despite jerking off to her. Everyone here is calling him a wuss and with no spine, but honestly I think he's a pretty good description of a lot of insecure incel guys I've met over the years. I think the artist gives a good insight in how those guys think and act, even more than in Hajimete no Gal (I haven't read Hajimete no Gal in ages though).

Dex-chan lover
it was erotica from the start. I think sexual violence was ambiguous before this chapter. someone having a depraved fantasy when they are clearly too restrained to ever act on it isn't sexual violence in my eyes. just intrusive thoughts.

I don't think it matters here, but in general I think this is a pretty bad yard stick. frequency absolutely affects a content warning. You can say one "fuck" or show a few butts and not be R rated. A manga that has nipples once early on and never again is not erotica and maybe not even suggestive depending on context (e.g. it was in a normal bath scene).

At the end of the day we're westerners arguing about content policies from Japanese publishers. Those sensibilites should be taken into account instead of going "butt? Erotica" or "forced kiss? Sexual violence"

----------------------

Also, this drama against scanslators who already are in low supply only hurts readers and the site. If it gets too bad, they (and by extension, we) will simply migrate off. Especially ecchi readers like us, we're used to needing to migrate and backup our shit, because this drama loves targeting us, who just wanna be left in our little corner. You can't be spamming donation links to keep a site up while harassing the people who provide your content.

I really don't wanna die on the hill for fucking Hajimete no Gal. But clearly something personal occured if an unrelated manga's permissions were also hit (one that has almost 200 chapters and is very consistent in content).

Also, really stupid for a forum site to be referred to a different forum site to resolve issues. You build out an entire communication network but have no arbitration on that same site? No wonder they couldn't get them working again for 3 years.
There are alternatives to mangadex, but let's face it, they're kind of shitty and your work would be less visible since they're not that popular. Also most aggregators scrape mangadex for ratings and similar, and switching to another uploading site won't change that even if they scrape the chapters.

I agree with the discord part, I can't stand using discord and I've uninstalled it several times and prefer not to use it. When you're getting old, discord is just too fast and it's hard having oversight, I feel like near I'm nearpsychotic and blank mindred after using it for a couple of hours.

I think this is a little bit more than dying on the hill for Hajimete no Gal, as this are concerns that affect all scanlators, both those uploading here but also other places, since aggregators use mangadex as their de facto database. This case was also solved in a bad way, leaving a somewhat sour taste in my mouth. And also sticking out for your fellow scanlator is important, though avoiding the erotica rating seems impossible with this chapter sadly.

Issue with the erotica tag is that it's not visible on the sfw new popular titles list, but even worse that aggregators use this rating, and lock them behind logins and hides them on their sites. This ruins the visibility of the manga a lot, getting it out to fewer people. So it's not only about mangadex, but the countless scrapers that uses this site.
This is part of the reason I made my own popular list

Dex-chan lover
This is part of the reason I made my own popular list
Yeah, in their defense though the popular new titles list is a placeholder until they get view count and a proper list up like they had before the site went down. But there are several issues with the popular new titles list, and it's unfair as hell.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's the sexual violence tag that's a bit of a stretch.

But not my battle to fight.
She definitely sexually assaulted the guy this chapter. Swap genders and the tag would be a no brainer.

People in this thread are actually wild. The site most likely isn't setup for allowing or disallowing one person from editing a single page. What most likely happened is the TL lost his privileges to edit period. Which, if they engaged in a tag war with the mods, deserved.

Last edited:
Issue with the erotica tag is that it's not visible on the sfw new popular titles list, but even worse that aggregators use this rating, and lock them behind logins and hides them on their sites. This ruins the visibility of the manga a lot, getting it out to fewer people. So it's not only about mangadex, but the countless scrapers that uses this site.
I see. And yeah, if you're logged out, they don't show up on the home page unless you filter out safe and suggestive works.

Contributor
It's all the same forum. This one. The request for the mods to look into the changing tags was in the Support subforum by a different user. Venante went to the discord server to create another request aside from the one he made in the support subforum.
I am assuming you also removed the erotica tag which I can't defend.
He was removing both tags for the sake of getting the series visibility to go up, causing an edit war to occur. He even acknowledged it was erotica, but was still removing the erotica tag.

Users who are viewing this thread