Polite Mangadex Downloader - try it out

[EDIT] I've learned to make do with the limitations of the application and no longer require assistance.

I have a question...
So the "favorites" are every novel from your reading list right?
Does it even count the dropped ones?
Also, the <H> checkbox option in the "Known Series" category... what's it's function? Is it to Hide the manga?
If I can't hide some mangas that I don't particularly want to download, would I have to unfollow them?
Or I could just hide or delete them in the app!
Sorry to be a bother, and thank you in advance...

This is just awesome ! I don't think you could have made more simpler than that.

But, for there's always a but(t)... 😁
@sarusa: Do you think it could be possible to save the book covers within the destination folder ? I'm using Android Perfect Viewer, and, as I'm a lazy guy, it'll avoid me to download these book covers separately.

Nonetheless, really good job you've done... Keep it alive !

I was wondering, is there an open source alternative to this app? if not, are there any alternatives that are open source?

Well i don't understand how it works at all....

Lost me on click the mangadex login tab , don't see those anywhere at all running version 3.8.1.0

Im using it since quite a while now and it works great.

What i still don't understand is where the Cover for all Series is downloaded to.
I got "Download and display series covers" and both "H covers" and Resize" aktive.
I think these where already aktive at my first time running the programm.
But i cant find them anywhere on my drive.

Dex-chan lover
For the love of god change the default file name to have extension at the very end not before scan group. I now have a bunch of .png [NameOfScanGroup]

is anyone able to use the software fine? ever since i think an update around may 24th i haven't been able to login and it tries logging in 5 times only to fail and tell me i probably need a software update which is already up to date and on 3.8.8.0 at the minute

when i try and download something that was already in the list it tells me to switch to legacy mode which i already had set on the site from a couple months ago

Is there a way to set this thing to only download manga of a specific language? Like, if I set it to download a manga that's available in English, Portuguese, and Russian, it'll add all chapters in all three languages to my queue. I can go in and remove the chapters from the queue manually by sorting by language, but I'd like to know if there's a setting I'm missing that does it automatically.

Group Leader
@sarusa Looks like Legacy reader option will be killed off soon. Will a update come to work with the v5 reader?

Power Uploader
An option to pick chapter from md@h network only to be even more polite should be a nice thing 😇

Hello! Just recently tried this out but can't download anything - probably has to do with the Reader setting being removed from the Settings. How can I work around this? Thanks

is this thing on... *tap *tap..

anyways, I don't think the Ignore Translation Group works since they keep appearing on my chapters list...
just letting you know... and thanks for the wonderful work...
👍

Works well but the DL speed is quite low. 30-40 page chapters are taking 5-7 minutes to download.
My connection speed is 80 megabit/s download.

Users who are viewing this thread