• Would play with Renge

Votes: 1,658 25.0%
  • Would take the blame for Natsume

Votes: 1,009 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should go serverless altogether and host this in the cloud on Azure or AWS with replicated nodes.

Contributor
@Samhill Hosting a pirate site/pirated content on someone else's hardware is a good way to lose everything, but yes also cost could be a issues as well.

@Samhill Serverless is basically functions in the cloud meaning every function/code snippet is completely independent of each other. This makes things WAY more complicated to develop the larger an application becomes. Costs are usually lower since you only pay for what you use, but this could be exploited by simply spamming their api/website with requests causing them to have huge bills at the end of the month, a server in this case would just be overloaded and stop working/block requests. Serverless is great and cheap for small-scale projects but for a large-scale project it might even be more expensive. 

Moving solo leveling to a dedicated server is meh since you need to pay for the server 24/7 but you only need it when a new chapter releases.

Dex-chan lover
@RogueKitsune I thought of that after I posted. Didn't some other site get closed because they hosted on Google Drive?

@MiBi250 My idea behind using the cloud was that it would sit near idle most of the time, and then ramp up as needed.

The effort you guys put in is amazing, I don’t think any of us would mind a few ads to keep the site going.

@MiBi250
I mean, this website doesn't really have a lot of features when you think about it.

Also, you can easily isolate what is -really- resource consumming here (serving millions scans) and scale just that.

Why isn't mangadex registered at the brave rewards program? I would like to donate through there. As for why I want to donate there, the reason is very simple. I'm brazilian and I just don't have much money to donate and the little I have won't be useful because of currency exchange.

So TLDR, on the back-end the engine works faster and cheaper,with temporary downtime expected in the future for moving?

Oh looks like the API server is back.

And oh god the amount of updates...

Anyway, can't wait for it to fail again in a wednesday! (joke)

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
How hard did MD die this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread