• Would play with Renge

Votes: 1,658 25.0%
  • Would take the blame for Natsume

Votes: 1,009 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
just one question, when you say "moving to a new hardware", it is your own hardware or a cloud service? i'm a bit confuse here.

Thanks for your efford !
I dont really know what really happen bcoz i didnt open mangadex in past 2 days, but something big must happen for you to make this announcement right?
And i dont really mind even if you keep the ads. It barely noticeable if you compare it to most ofthe translator site.
If it can keep mangadex alive, by all means , please do it.

Aggregator gang
Thank you, bless you people for keeping MD running well. Now if only I can get a livable wage so I can give back..

Fed-Kun's army
Admin pls make a comic/manga someday also superawesomeserver™ is doing a good job

Man, trying to read manga has gotten more stressful than my diet gambling in gacha games

Thanks so much for your work! 🧡 Personally I would not mind more ad campaigns in the slightest if it helps you guys out.

Thank you for all of your hard work! I only understood about half of the computer jargon, you guys are doing great, keep it up!
I hope you are all safe and well. 💕

Staff
Admin
@Jordick

No.

Seems like the most common cause of issues right now is people using outdated ipads. I guess things tend to break when you are using an ipad 1 or 2 released around 10 years ago.

Are you one of those people?

Dex-chan lover
Urg my brain hurts just from reading those technical words, but good luck on whatever you guys are doing!

Back to the main topic, Ren-chon is the only option here.

Tech question for us Tachiyomi users who sync our accounts for better ease of use on mobile platforms: Is there some way to work with the programmers to set a limit, or some kind of warning so we know when we are pushing stuff?

I obviously don't want to break the servers or risk worsening matters—though, for many of us, downloading makes for easier readability on mobile apps, particularly, when rates have slowed, so we don't get stuck in comic/webcomic page loading Hell that reminds me of my dialup days on the 56kbps modem with MSN. 😅

If a limit is set, how will it be determined? Pages downloaded per hour? A set data limit per hour? It's crucial to not spoil stuff for other users—yet, for those of us who have to download due to constantly buggy net connections & other stuff or who read away from an internet connection—is there some way for us to keep track so we don't trip the temp-ban? I don't even know what the current limits are, if such limits exist, so for users like me—I'm at a loss.

E-Hentai has counters for users for data & page views, and a max cap for particular users. I find the system problematic in its own ways, but I can appreciate trying to avoid leechers and excessive network consumption.

If an limit is set, please make it as transparent as possible so app programmers can update the mangadrx extension to accommodate for that (or, at the very least, give us users a better idea of where we are at so we don't max stuff out).

At the same time—😅😂🤣 —it's impressive seeing those kinds of numbers! I imagine that some is due to other sites shutting down, but ultimately—I think y'all should be proud that the site has such epic viewing & content features that people & scanlators choose MangaDex as their home! 😅🤣😂 <3

Thank you to everyone working on this & for those donating!

Also, I'm all for the scanlation ads! So long as they aren't corporate and are hilarious like what we saw from the scanlation community—honestly, I think that's a great way to obtain further community support & offer art challenges to scanlation groups to see what people can come up with! :3 It's like Chalk-Off Art events in Tacoma, WA—or ethical graffiti—plus, if it raises enough capital, we might even be able to get a MotherOfAllServers™ and OneServerToRuleThemAll™ to complement the superawesomeserver™! 😅😂🤣

Zof

Thank you so much for all the effort you put into maintaining the site. I know it's not easy scaling up a site to deal with so many concurrent users. You guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread