Pumpkin Night

Aggregator gang
I love how, whenever someone uploads their translations but then adds some stupid bullshit at the end, there are always mouthbreathers who crawl out of the woodworks.
"There's murder and rape in there! You think fictional violence isn't bad, but actual bigotry is?" ...Yes? Is that supposed to be a trick question? Sorry that we can tell fiction from reality, I guess?
"No one will be radicalized by this." Not by any one thing, no. But a constant stream of bullshit is certainly not going to help. There's some pretty good information out there about the alt-right pipeline, but anyone here who needs to see it would just ignore it so whatev.
"They're just jokes." Yeah, except have you ever done something ironically? And then you keep doing it - ironically - because you still find it funny? But then "ironically" eventually starts fading into "unironically"? Don't pretend you haven't.
Besides, the punchline of a joke being "haha, other people doesn't deserve rights"... still means you think other people don't deserve rights. Or think they are subhuman, or intrinsically bad for daring to have been born in one arbitrary section of the world compared to another, etc. etc.
And hiding behind "i-it's just a joke, it doesn't mean anything!" is just a coward's move. Okay, so people don't like your joke? If it really is just a joke, just stop using that sort of joke. No reason to complain, just tell better jokes. Don't go after the audience saying "screw you, that's funny. These couple of guys like it, look!" Because no one who's actually funny has ever gotten away with that without getting kicked out for being an unfunny prick.
But if you're desperate to continue telling those jokes anyway, despite complaints, then that means you have a message in those jokes you want to tell. Whiiiiich means no, it's not just a joke.
Like, do we really have to explain what a 'joke' is? besides telling y'all to just look in the closest mirror, haHA GOTTEM
"If you don't like it, don't read it!" Except here's the thing. I do like it. I do like Pumpkin Night. I do like campy comedy horror. But if you have something you like, then the person giving it to you suddenly adds a dollop of whipped diarrhea on top, then that's a problem. If you can do something without adding some shiton top, then don't add the shit on top.

god it's like arguing with toddlers
They KNOW they're wrong, all they have is insincere arguments they don't actually believe, but you still have to set them straight or they'll keep crying about how unfair you are for punishing them for taking a dump on the floor.

Besides, there's an extra irony in how the past 2 alt-right translation shitshows have BOTH been around manga that actively make fun of Trump and alt-righters. Talk about being a meme, this is going "I'm not owned! I'm not owned! Look, I added some alt-right memes at the end of this manga making fun of me! So that means it's not making fun of me anymore!"

couldn't care less about the racist jokes or any other shit, just don't like the translation, hope another group will translate this because it seems good but oh well

Snowflakes, snowflakes! They're coming out of the fucking walls!!!!

:D :D :D

I was one, luckily I grew up and matured and learn to ignore and to accept the world won't be the paradise I would like, and what matter is not having a monotonous politically correct world surrounding me but to have around myself people who is politically correct at the same level I'am.

pumpkin night now has it's own wiki and tvtropes page

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/PumpkinNight

https://pumpkin-night.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Characters

although both are still in development.

Ah yes. Putting up with obnoxious bullshit is very mature of you, isekaiddicted. I wish I was as cool as you.

I made an account just so I could post this:

Fuck Chillock. Nobody needs him. Eventually, a competent and literate translation team will pick-up Pumpkin Night.

Write your own fuckin comics if you think your dumbshit political opinion is worth anyone's time.

The translation.,oh the translation....the hate and those memes...oh my Lord!
Chapter 12 non-chillocked translation

"So that wasn't really Saki!!?"
"And both of Saki's parents were murdered too!?"

"Yes, Saki was killed in the Operating Room."
"Naoko herself told me that she secretly switched places with Saki and then pretended to be her."

"Are you fucking serious dude...?!"
"So we were all there with her in Saki's room at the same time!!"
"So which one was it?"
"This is bullshit!! She managed to completely fool us!! That fucking bitch!!!"

"Blah blah blah blah...."
"Yadda yadda pumpkin yadda"
"Blah blah yadda kill yadda yadda"

"Nyaaa-ruuu-tooo!!!"
"Long Chime no Sheeeeee!!!" (Long time no see)

fuck this goddamn translation, can someone else pick this up please, Its 2020 grow up fucks sake

@turkeyjerky
tbh I was just trying to get some beef between him and me. I really don't care if he screeches about the translation at all haha

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how people complains about the translation yet still here to read it. If you don't like the translation made by the current translator then don't read it. Wait until any other translator pick it up, or just read the raws.

Don't know which is worse:

This shitty excuse for a translation, or the fact that people are jumping through hoops to deny the fact that the translator is shit at his job.

"I can't fucking believe this! I never would have expected her to have seen me commiting the prank.."

[SLIP...]

"She even went as far as to confiscate the mask for herself...damn it!!"

"This fucking bitch...she must have been looking forward to this moment for quite some time."

."Oh Senpai....!!"
"I can feel your cock pushing against my vagina!! It feels so hard and stuff! Oh god!"

"Goddamn it! I hate how she arrogantly shows off that triumphant face of hers! Fucking bi...."

[HOOK]

[SPLAT]

Lol I see Chillock is back with his incel bros supporting his very awful translation.

Being racist, a meme lord, and a virgin are bad enough, but the worst thing about him is has got to be that he’s British.

Here’s to hoping we get officials of a translator that genuinely likes slasher films and the like, until then I’m just reading Raws.

I like how people think translation is shit but in reality its pure shit posting.
RIP pumpkin night tbh it seems good manga but feel like a train wreck prob cuz of translation shit posting.

Users who are viewing this thread