Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 22 Ch. 44 - Other People's Way Of Life

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you, I really love this chapter with the slice of life feeling. I sort of predicted the grandma might hid it herself but to use it as cat drinking bowl 😬 she didn't want to talk about it cause afraid of being judged as crazy cat lady, but I think I was just projecting there 😅

Dex-chan lover
It’s kind of amazing how he is still using chopsticks even though his hands are hurting.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the build up in this case is a little weaker than others. The twist about the culprit is one I didn't expect though so I still like it

Double-page supporter
They really tried dragging that good honest grandson smh

I mean it was a deliberate bait by the author, showing that the grandson grew up pretty spoiled.

But he actually became a respectable adult who appreciated everything his grandma did for him. He's just kind of antisocial too lmao

Dex-chan lover
this chapter's feel
I feel like the build up in this case is a little weaker than others. The twist about the culprit is one I didn't expect though so I still like it
yeah, this is a weak chapter by QED:Iff standard. but i think this still feels like a classic QED chapters when they solve some not-too-heavy cases.

and i was expecting the expensive bowl would be hidden as the cat's feeder :lul: missed it by this much 🤏🏼

I actually thought it was quite well done. The hints are there from the first few pages with Harumi saying that "we don't have that kind of money". There was a heavy use of red herrings though. Lol at Kanna bringing up Touma's books. I liked how her cleverness was shown here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I like that QED versus say Detective Conan has lighter, less serious cases or serious cases that aren't a murder, instead of a murder almost every single time.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter's feel

yeah, this is a weak chapter by QED:Iff standard. but i think this still feels like a classic QED chapters when they solve some not-too-heavy cases.

and i was expecting the expensive bowl would be hidden as the cat's feeder :lul: missed it by this much 🤏🏼
I actually thought it was quite well done. The hints are there from the first few pages with Harumi saying that "we don't have that kind of money". There was a heavy use of red herrings though. Lol at Kanna bringing up Touma's books. I liked how her cleverness was shown here.
Agreed about the red herrings. ngl I was expecting the busybody neighbor to be the culprit, hence as I said I still liked the culprit. I just don't like how it's built up.

Dex-chan lover
I like that QED versus say Detective Conan has lighter, less serious cases or serious cases that aren't a murder, instead of a murder almost every single time.
one of the reasons why i stopped reading Conan but still follow this series

Dex-chan lover
Wait, didn't Conan also have some lighter cases too?
yes, but they're so rare.

also the fact that QED doesn't have evil organization as the big bad for the main plot also made reading it more fun. in Conan, every case without the Black Organization's involvement feels like a filler. it gets tiring after a while

Dex-chan lover
yes, but they're so rare.

also the fact that QED doesn't have evil organization as the big bad for the main plot also made reading it more fun. in Conan, every case without the Black Organization's involvement feels like a filler. it gets tiring after a while
There's one downside. Q.E.D., despite being well done, and more variety in crimes and scenarios, still has gotten a touch repetitive after so many volumes. And there isn't an overarching story like Detective Conan has with the Black Organization to tie things together. In fact, it barely feels like there's a story at all. Just random instances and crimes that Touma invariably solves. I still enjoy the series, but I do prefer Detective Conan despite my criticism of it.

Users who are viewing this thread