Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Wish there would be an mc that used a pole-arm type weapon at least once, give us some variety please.

Dex-chan lover
If any of you wondering "What's going to happen to that Katana?" He's going to use it. Not in terms of battle, terms of summoning a soldier Man of lore.

Dex-chan lover
@Sheruff6 as much as i'm a katana-loving weeb, i for one am firmly in the zweihander camp. zweihanders are underrated. zwei is life, zwei is love.

@Wolvenworks the Zwei is a terrible sword.
Its much too thin to be a good greatsword, and loses completely in agility to a one handed sword.
It has no niche it dominates at, and loses ground against a claymore. Its a terrible weapon, IMO for a two handed greatsword.
I prefer however the Atlantean style greatswords, like you see in MMO and RPGS. (Conan for example).

And yes the Katana is so majorly played out, it should at least be a Odachi, and not a Traditional Katana.

Dex-chan lover
Leave it to the author to inadvertently trigger 1000s of incidental manga readers!!! 🤣

@Rheeve @Kayriel
youre both idiots. the problem is it's always a boring, shitty katana when nips have a much better selection of weapons to choose from. where are the nagimakis, naginatas, or even the fucking tetsubos.
if germans were making comics about a fantasy world and 98% of the stories featured an executioner sword and talked about how superior to is to any other weapon i would have the same exact issue with it, where are the poleaxes, where are the zweihanders.
i can only chalk this up to cookie cutter laziness.

Dex-chan lover
@aigomorla Odachi is great. and every informed sword person knows that zweis are not for agility. you will NOT deny me of my big fucking swords

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel @fitizen
For the record, It has not yet been stated in the story how the Katana will be used and still people REEEE over it's existence. As one spoiler mentioned, he might as well use it for summoning purposes. People are far too quick to BITCH about it when they start thier REEEEing on first sight.

Double-page supporter
@fitizen

You're a squalid manchild with no taste and you're using racially derogatory shorthand when you're completely capable of spelling 'Japanese' appropriately and not even taking more than half a second to do so, no doubt. But, your insult and my response to your insult aside.

You're not arguing from a standpoint of an unbiased approach. This is literally you going "Fuck this is not what I wanted." and justifying it based on a highly irrelevant point to this specific situation: that is that the katana is the most commonly-used weapon in manga. For very good reason. Also, historically speaking the naginata was considered a woman's weapon for quite some time, used by female castle defenders while the men went out to battle with their swords. (And spears and longbows, but guess which saw the most action and glory?) So there's likely some less obvious connotations involved that make the choice for the writer. The katana has a very storied history, and a lot of national, personal, and familial pride went into them, and it's one of the things that is most visually recognized as denoting something as "very Japanese".

In this case, the Japanese man who may or may not fully remember his past life, picked up a Japanese weapon that is VERY obviously Japanese. We'll see what significance this has instead of bitching that he's not using a Western weapon for no reason (congratulations to the mangaka for not making the chuuni-ass realist another westaboo) or in your case, complaining he's not using a woman's weapon when he's supposed to be some manly faux-alpha harem bad boy or a number of other weapons that are also not particularly suitable for what we know of this character so far.

Oh my Lord it's the Katana, the superior Japanese steel, the ultimate holy grail of weaponry. As expected from Maou-sama, and as expected from the author who unironically thinking if he keeps using the term 'realist' it will makes his novel better.

Fed-Kun's army
@DioBrando Thank you for that glorious spoiler 🙂

@Rheeve The people who REEE are those for whom trusting that things will go better than they think they will, has failed them too many time before.

@Voidknight Oooh, that would be neat.

@Kayriel I was under the impression (from the architecture, clothing, furniture and other objects during the flashbacks to his past life) that this MC was not Japanese. Why do you think the MC was reincarnated from a Japanese person? Have you read the novel, and him being Japanese is a detail mentioned there?
('Ashto' doesn't sound very Japanese either. He also went for a handshake and has never done a bow. Which may or may not mean anything.)

Users who are viewing this thread